Did you use the feed to check on and support friends?

Options

Did you use the feed to check on and support friends? 36 votes

Yes
80%
lbransfordptpattyrileysownerKareninCanadaTonigirl519evileyefireflyjd5761tracymarie2012sussexbythesea__Di__SbetaKejdp254juliedee20Jesslan_RoseMissDawnMarie23ScoobaChickNiki_Fitznwoutdoorgrlpridesabtchherblovinmom 29 votes
No
19%
Wynterbournesarah1227744Janet2017Gisel2015Machka9AnnPT77pony4us 7 votes

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,868 Member
    Options
    Yes
    Yep.
    But it is gone.
    It’s not coming back.
    Certainly not in the form it was in.

Time to move from denial and bargaining, and onward to acceptance and post grief growth.
  • tracymarie2012
    tracymarie2012 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Yes
    Yes.
    I have been on MFP since Jan 2012.
    I looked forward to seeing my friends progress daily.
    Feeling lost.
    Anyone going to another App?
    Don't know the point of still being here or logging??
    RIP MFP...
    😞
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,154 Member
    Options
    No
    I don't have friends in MFP by choice, but I used the news-feed to make notes for myself and to record changes of plans or any changes in my weight, although I am in maintenance. It was nice and helpful to go back and read some of my previous notes and concerns. Let’s say that it was my diary. A private one.
    Yes, I do miss it and I think that it was a mistake to delete it.
  • JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Agree it was a mistake to delete it. I miss the give and take and encouragement and just social updates of friends. Been here for 10 years.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,245 Member
    Options
    No
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    I don't have friends in MFP by choice, but I used the news-feed to make notes for myself and to record changes of plans or any changes in my weight, although I am in maintenance. It was nice and helpful to go back and read some of my previous notes and concerns. Let’s say that it was my diary. A private one.
    Yes, I do miss it and I think that it was a mistake to delete it.

Fortunately you can use your activity feed for those things.
  • Gisel2015
    Options
    No
    @Machka9
    What and where is the activity feed? I don't see it in my home page. FYI, I use my PC, not the phone/app.
  • evileyefirefly
    evileyefirefly Posts: 149 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    Yes
    @Machka9
    What and where is the activity feed? I don't see it in my home page. FYI, I use my PC, not the phone/app.

Click on your user portrait in the top right, then click your username/picture. When you scroll down you will see your activity feed. I don't know what is supposed to show up on it as mine is blank still.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10915268/welcome-to-your-activity-feed#latest
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,927 Member
    Options
    No
    @Machka9

Click on your user portrait in the top right, then click your username/picture. When you scroll down you will see your activity feed. I don't know what is supposed to show up on it as mine is blank still.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10915268/welcome-to-your-activity-feed#latest

Nothing shows up automatically there at this time, as far as I know.

You can post things there. If your profile in the Community does not have "Display my profile publicly" checked in the Community "Account & Privacy Settings", no one else can post there. If it is checked, any other MFP Community member can post there.
  • evileyefirefly
    evileyefirefly Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Yes
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    @Machka9

Nothing shows up automatically there at this time, as far as I know.

You can post things there. If your profile in the Community does not have "Display my profile publicly" checked in the Community "Account & Privacy Settings", no one else can post there. If it is checked, any other MFP Community member can post there.

Great change.... Oh well... stick to groups and forums I guess.
  • Gisel2015
    Options
    No
    Thank you for the information ladies. I don't think that I will post in that section because it is not as easy and direct as having the info in the news-feed. I guess that MFP is not longer interested in keeping the users happy.

At the present time I am only using MFP to keep track of macros, calories, fitness routine (nothing in much detail or with a lot of consistency), and my recipes. I browse some of the discussions, but don't post often.

• Machka9
    Options
    No
    @Machka9

Open MFP in the Community Forum.
    Click your icon in the upper right corner.
    Click the icon again.
    And there you are!

Easy-peasy!

f20450ynnt7i.png
  • MissDawnMarie23
    MissDawnMarie23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes
    @Machka9 it does not give you the same info as the feed. And why make us jump through pages when it used to pop up right away?
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Yes
    @Machka9

The activity feed, aka your community profile, can be accessed from the community forums by tapping on someone's name. There is no useful automatic content, though, no newsfeed of friends' posts, only community badges. The only actual content it will show is what you or someone else actually posts there intentionally.

Oh and it is either public or private - no way to make it friends-only. And if you make a typo, you're out of luck because you can't edit or delete your posts to others' profiles.

It's a way to interact, but it is a saaaaad substitute for the interaction and regular automatic updates that the newsfeed provided.
  • Machka9
    Options
    No
    @Machka9

The activity feed, aka your community profile, can be accessed from the community forums by tapping on someone's name. There is no useful automatic content, though, no newsfeed of friends' posts, only community badges. The only actual content it will show is what you or someone else actually posts there intentionally.

Oh and it is either public or private - no way to make it friends-only. And if you make a typo, you're out of luck because you can't edit or delete your posts to others' profiles.

Looks like I can delete my own posts on your own activity feed. Those are the only ones I have made.

It's a way to interact, but it is a saaaaad substitute for the interaction and regular automatic updates that the newsfeed provided.

SO glad those regular automatic updates are gone!!

Not only were they completely pointless, they were demotivating.

Thankfully that is gone.