Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

JULY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,291 Member
    I am here! I actually don't know how many miles I have walked or run to date but I am trying to get out in the mornings for something and strava could probably tell me. My fitbit GPS update from google really hosed it up and now it only counts miles for specific walks or exercise vs all the miles I spend walking at work etc which is strange. So I guess after RTY I will trash it and just stick with Apple watch. I really only picked up using both again for the sleep info and the hourly reminders during the pandemic but I think I can let it go again.

I have enjoyed reading all the updates and the photos. Esp the ones of Japan. I felt like I was on a family vacation there. And of course Tippy and the beach~!

Hopefully I can go back and fill in the mileage data from my watch later today as it almost feels disconcerting not to keep the spreadsheet up after so many years.

This group keeps me sane and it;s one of the first things I read in the mornings. Thank you all!

@SummerSkier
    Glad you're still with us bON! 😊

Damn those crazy, Hiding-in-the-bush ,Breathe-heavy-on-the-phone-then-hangup Stalkers 😡

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,501 Member
    This group keeps me sane ...
    We try!
    🤪

Good luck with the tech. I find it fun, motivating, and interesting. Sometimes it hoses up and I get frustrated and mad. Though of course the "Tech" doesn't matter and I realize that and move on. It is fun though.

The Quantified Scientist youtube does a lot of in-depth testing of these dodads ability to accurately track sleep. My super cheap fitbit is the highest bang for buck according to him. It is amongst the best, and I paid $20 for it.

The top are apple watches and Oura rings.

My poor Garmin (which is absolutely top in running, training, GPS, outdoor swimming, etc ) is middle of the road in sleep tracking...that prompted me to get the cheap fitbit.

As time and tech go onward, all of these things are becoming miraculous marvels of modern medicine, and still it doesn't really matter. "Yes" it does count if I run and I don't have on my garmin to track. "Yes" it does count if I have a solid restorative night's sleep but my fitbit screws up the monitoring.

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,244 Member
    July total: 56.6/100 miles
    YTD: 546.4/1200 miles

7/1: 3 miles
    7/3: 6.5 miles
    7/4: 7.5 miles
    7/5: 3.1 miles
    7/6: 8 miles
    7/8: 5.2 miles
    7/14: 6.1 miles
    7/17: 3.2 miles
    7/19: 4 miles
    7/21: 6 miles
    7/28: 4 miles

Back in town and getting back on schedule. With the time change, yesterday was a long day. I wasn't tired enough to sleep early in the flight so I was awake for about 28 hours yesterday. Watched some Olympics after we got home and that kept me from going to bed too early. I love watching all the different sports in the Olympics. Right now I'm watching cross country horse riding.
    I went out for a short run this morning. It was lightly raining, which felt nice. After the intense heat in Tokyo, it didn't feel too bad. Even though I didn't run the last week we were outside all day in some pretty extreme conditions and I think that helped maintain or maybe even improved my heat acclimation.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,812 Member
    July 1 – 5.01 miles
    July 3 – 5.10 miles
    July 4 – 3.60 miles
    July 6 – 7.02 miles
    July 8 – 4.51 miles
    July 9 – 3.01 miles
    July 11 – 5.00 miles
    July 13 – 10.03 miles
    July 14 – 2.66 miles
    July 16 – 5.21 miles
    July 18 – 5.19 miles
    July 19 – 10.75 miles
    July 22 – 2.18 miles
    July 23 – 3.21 miles
    July 25 – 5.01 miles
    July 26 – 3.11 miles
    July 27 – 6.53 miles
    July 28 – 1.01 mile
    Total 88.14 miles/ Goal 100 miles

I didn’t make my 10-mile goal yesterday but ran 6.53 miles instead. That means I will have to run extra in the next three days to meet my monthly goal. I think I can, I think I can…Today I met a friend and rode bikes 33.48 miles. I got to our meeting point early so I took advantage of the cool morning temps (62F) and ran a mile before she arrived.

Love the pictures from southern France @Laurz9191!

Glad you made it home safe and sound @martaindale. Loved seeing the photos and hearing about your adventures.