Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

JULY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,512 Member
    edited July 20
    Yikes @yirara that sounds like it could have been a dangerous situation. Glad you got those people out of there before the smoke got to them. Wasn't sure whether to Like or Hug on that post ;)

Golf was mixed today. Terrible front 9, but a pretty decent back. So still a lot of work to do. Thinking about doing a TM run this afternoon as I won't be able to run tomorrow. Have to cut down the rest of my tree out front.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,825 Member
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Yikes @yirara that sounds like it could have been a dangerous situation. Glad you got those people out of there before the smoke got to them. Wasn't sure whether to Like or Hug on that post ;)

Golf was mixed today. Terrible front 9, but a pretty decent back. So still a lot of work to do. Thinking about doing a TM run this afternoon as I won't be able to run tomorrow. Have to cut down the rest of my tree out front.

Thanks :) I had an awful lot of emergency, first aid and kind of rescue trainings and drills. But most of it was based on 'hit the next alarm, put on breathing and floating equipment, go to muster point', thus not really useful skills 😬 Glad all went well.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,313 Member
    @ContraryMaryMary Great running. Glad you held off the girl at the end. Sorry the distance was short.

@martaindale Tippy does love the beach.

Great running @chris_in_cal . Glad it felt good and you didn't get COVID. I had a scare a couple of weeks ago too, when someone I sat beside at church on Sunday let me know on that Tuesday they tested positive. I was paranoid that every little sniffle or cough was a symptom. So, I understand.

Nice run this morning @tarun_yadavA .

WOW @yirara . Glad the fire wasn't worse. You're doing great with your running.

@Scott6255 I'm glad the golf ended on a high note.

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,760 Member
    Wow @martaindale, loving living vicariously through your photos.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,812 Member
    @Teresa502 is one basing pace on running time while the other is taking total elapsed time? That’s the only way I ever get a difference.

Maybe that is it. I only record using my Garmin which is connected to Strava so you would think the data would be the same. For the run which read 10:54/mile on Strava and 11:03/mile on Garmin, the Garmin stats indicate that my average moving pace was 10:51/mile which is closer to the Strava pace. Who knows! As long as both have me moving forward it's all good!
  • quilteryoyo
    @ContraryMaryMary I'm glad you had a nice run today and that they modified everyone's time for Parkrun. That would mess with a lot of records.

Nice long run @kgirlhart .

Great streaking @chris_in_cal !

Another cool place to run @martaindale . Love all of the pictures of your vacation. Enjoy Tokyo.

Nice run @tarun_yadavA . Glad your 9 year old joined you today.

Great run @AmunahSki ! Love that your son is so encouraging.

Nice run @AlphaHowls . I agree that this month really has gone by fast.
  • quilteryoyo
    Nice longer run today @chris_in_cal .