Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

JULY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• AmunahSki
    AmunahSki Posts: 175 Member

I felt a little burnt out and slow, but it was about the same pace as yesterday.

This is so interesting! I have the same problem, as the data doesn’t always seem to match up with how it feels. Weird!
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,217 Member
    01/07 3.57 miles
    08/07 3.75 miles
    12/07 3.72 miles
    13/07 4.16 miles
    14/07 4.07 miles
    17/07 3.61 miles

22.88/50 miles

I’m a bit behind in with the posts. But loving the photos in Japan!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,423 Member
    @martaindale - I am loving all your pictures in Japan! your family looks great and what an awesome adventure for all of you. I wish cities in the US made more use of green areas large and small and incorporated them into all areas for people to enjoy.

@Scott6255 - I hope your legs are feeling better and that it was just them needing to be rolled out or maybe a bit of dehydration. The worst cramp I ever had was a result of it being hot and humid and me not hydrating well enough. I could barely walk (hobble) home.

@tarun_yadavA - last I saw the train from LA to Vegas was still going through some environmental and other battles but is still being planned for. They want to utilize the median area between the two sides of the freeway for the rails and that requires federal approval in addition to all the local and state requirements. It is expected to open sometime in 2027. Also it won't actually go into LA. The station will be in Apple Valley - about 90 miles away.
    There is also supposed to be a bullet train between LA and SF. Parts of it are already under construction and I believe all of it has received the final approvals. Phase 1 will come out to where I live in Anaheim but it may just tie into the current metro trains that run from downtown LA to Anaheim. It is also supposed to go south to San Diego and north to Sacramento in later phases which would be awesome.

Vegas and gambling... I am not a gambler and I do not like Vegas. My DH loves it though he isn't a big gambler either. We have attended conferences there several times. We did see Celine there (for my birthday) and loved it. She put on an amazing show. We also saw Willie Nelson in a very small up close theater and it was fantastic. We were hosted by a friend/software vendor during one of the conferences. Probably one of the best concerts I have attended.
    Oh also we stopped in Tahoe on our honeymoon and I played roulette and won enough money to pay for our entire honeymoon. I know the odds aren't good but they were definitely in my favor that night.

Lots of doctor visits and changes to treatments so I haven't gotten out much. We had agility class on Monday after all my appts and I was able to run all the courses with Hobbes. I got a good bit of walking on the walking pad yesterday and did a Peloton strength class. This morning more appts so taking a rest day and will get back to it tomorrow when I have nothing else scheduled.
    qjh5xm9ix010.jpg
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,313 Member
    @tarun_yadavA Maybe something you want to see, but I think boxing may be a little extreme if your lady is not into it...at least with Celine you can look at her if you don't like the music. Can't really escape blood and hitting at a boxing match. So, I say NO. :lol:

You are doing great in the heat @kgirlhart . I second the thought that I'm glad there was no internet when I was a teenage either. I don't think I would have fared well.

Congrats on your fastest mile @AmunahSki . You are doing great.

Great running @yirara . Glad you went to the doctor and started the antibiotics before it got worse.

Great early morning run @Laurz9191 .

@shanaber That's cool that you won enough money to pay for your entire honeymoon. You are doing great. I hope you get some good news from all of the tests.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,501 Member
    Mari33a wrote: »
    My sister got married there
    My sister got married there too. About five years ago.
    💕♥️🥰💛💗
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,313 Member
    Morning all.
    Got in 5.65M at 09"46.

@quilteryoyo boxing more painful than a straight dude having to sit through an arena full of women and "my hearttttt will goooo onnnn" ?? Naahh

(Again. Not me. A friend. 😳 )
    Great run. hahaha.

Nice run @Teresa502 . Thank you. I did make it to FL safe and sound.

Great job trying to get up and wake up running @chris_in_cal . Doesn't sound like it went real well though. Maybe it takes more than once. On the rare occasions that I run early, I too have to wait 30 min to cool before I can take a shower and get on with my day. But, if I wait an hour before running and then an hour after.....

Thanks @Laurz9191 . Great run! It's exciting that you ran so much further than you thought you had!

@steviebee888 I hope your DOMS are better tomorrow. I'm sure once you are consistent with the strength training again it will be better.