Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

JULY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,313 Member
    @yirara Maybe a rest day is in order. It's good that you got it done though, and looks like the pace was pretty consistent with your other runs this month.

@Laurz9191 Nice early morning run! It's great that you were able to run with someone else for a while.
  • quilteryoyo
    1 July - Walked 2.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - driveway wun - trimmed trees for 2h52m44s
    2 July - Walked 1.15 miles - Ran 1.00 miles - driveway wun - built fence around the garden earlier
    3 July - Walked 2.35 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill wun
    4 July - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 3.00 miles - driveway laps
    5 July - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    6 July - Walked 0.75 miles - Ran 1.50 miles - treadmill
    7 July - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    8 July - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 2.00 miles - driveway laps - doubles tennis for 1h29m54s
    9 July - Walked 1.25 miles - Ran 1.75 miles - treadmill
    10 July - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - Driveway laps - Gym 37m6s
    11 July - Walked 0.99 miles - Ran 1.26 miles - Driveway laps - Tennis for 1h38m33s
    12 July - Walled 1.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - Driveway laps - Gym 27m13s
    13 July - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - Driveway laps - Mowed 1h51m24s
    14 July - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    15 July - Walked 2.50 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill wun - Mowed 20m29s

29.50/60.00 goal

Almost half way to my goal, so pretty close to on track for the month. Today, I helped mow my mom's lawn - did the riding part and push mowed part of the trim.

Later, I did a treadmill wun. I walked 5 min, (ran/walked 2/2 min at 4.2/3.8 mph) x 7, walked 5 min. Just getting some miles in without pushing it at all.
  • quilteryoyo
    Nice running @kgirlhart . Did you speed up to put distance between you and the skunk? You see a lot of those, don't you.

Great job on your streak @chris_in_cal .

Another nice run @tarun_yadavA .

Nice run @Teresa502 . It was humid this morning. I sure hope we get some of that rain they are calling for the rest of the week.

@martaindale Looks like you and the family are having a great time in Japan! Such a cute family picture. That deer looks a bit overweight. I wonder if people feed them, even though I'm sure there are rules against such things.

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,244 Member
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @martaindale you guys are making the most out of your trip. Pics look awesome. Maybe you can share your experience with the powers that be for the Houston-Dallas bullet train they have been talking about for many years now. ;)

😄 I swear I have been hearing about that train forever! It would be great if it ever happened. The drive from Houston to Dallas is just terrible.

@chris_in_cal It was very cool! We rode a bullet train in Italy that had a speedometer on the screen in the train car. I wish this one had something like that because I would love to know how fast we were going. The guides told us the train gets to the 280-300 km/h range.
    @martaindale That deer looks a bit overweight. I wonder if people feed them, even though I'm sure there are rules against such things.

They tell you not to feed them but I'm sure they get fed plenty. They are also pretty aggressive about food. If they hear rustling they will walk up and just start nibbling at bags. One of the people in our group saw a deer grab a lady's coffee when she sat it down to get something out of her bag. Just grabbed it and tilted it's head back to drink the coffee. It's a little freaky to me when wildlife are that tame.
  • quilteryoyo
    Thanks @Scott6255 . SC is just a stop over on my was to FL. I'll be in FL Thurs - Monday. That's odd about your shins. I would think shoes, but they should last way longer than 100 miles. I hope they feel better.

Way to hang in there and get your long run done @Laurz9191 . Have fun in France.

Beautiful spot for your run yesterday @ContraryMaryMary . Great running, esp. with sore muscles. Hahaha about running in your sleep. I agree that running addiction is much better than gambling. I started to say it's a lot cheaper, but.... People can get really "possessive" of slot machines, I've heard. Hey, if you walk away and it wins on the next coin, there's no one to blame but yourself. :lol: We need some of that rain, but are also forecast to have rain every day the rest of the week. We actually got 30 min of solid rain this morning and everyone was so excited! It's been way too long.

@martaindale I agree that wildlife shouldn't be "tame." They are still wild and aggressiveness for food can cause someone to get hurt and then the animal put down, when it is the people who feed them that are at fault. I would have liked to have seen the deer drink coffee though. Was it hot and did it seem to like it? That sounds like, and looks like, a really nice place to run. That will be such a fun race in Vegas.