Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

JULY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• VO2Maxlet
    VO2Maxlet Posts: 43 Member
    On top of today, I also got blisters on my foot. I know my moleskin setup today was bad, since I couldn't cover the entire ball of my foot, but does anyone use special running socks to help remedy these things?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,825 Member
    @VO2Maxlet do you stop your runs every now and then? Looks like you stop moving.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,313 Member
    You did great @yirara . No shame in taking walk breaks.

@SummerSkier Great running. All those power outages are horrible. Did you lose power too? I guess @martaindale 's house probably still doesn't have any.

@VO2Maxlet I'm glad you weren't hit by the car. Some people just don't pay attention. What do you play at the arcade? That is a lot of calories burned, I hope in a really fun way. Sorry about the blisters. I've never had a problem with that (knock on wood), so I can't help you. I do wear fairly thick socks most of the time. Since you are asking about it, what kind of socks do you currently wear?

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,313 Member
    You are doing great @shanaber . I hope Hobbes feels better tomorrow. Eating a little and getting hydrated is a good sign.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,812 Member
    July 1 – 5.01 miles
    July 3 – 5.10 miles
    July 4 – 3.60 miles
    July 6 – 7.02 miles
    July 8 – 4.51 miles
    July 9 – 3.01 miles
    July 11 – 5.00 miles
    July 13 – 10.03 miles

Total 43.28 miles/ Goal 100 miles

Today I ran on a rails-to-trails path. I did an out and back for a total of 10 miles. This trail is 12.5 miles in length and was just fully connected this past Fall. I have run on the southern end a couple of times so as I was driving towards the trailhead, I decided to try to find the middle section parking area. Unfortunately, there was no cell service in this area and thus no google maps so I failed at finding it but I did make it to the northern terminus. The first three miles out were mostly up hill. Since most of it was a former railroad route the grade wasn’t terribly steep. I was glad I got that part out of the way first because I was pretty tired by the time I hit 10 miles and it was getting warm. Ended with a half-mile cool down walk.

I hope Hobbes is feeling better soon @shanaber.

@steviebee888 – I hate when work gets in the way of my running! Sometimes, we just don’t have a choice. Hope things calm down and you get back to your normal schedule this coming week.

That’s a lot of Whataburger locations @SummerSkier!

@martaindale – I hope you have a wonderful trip!
  • steviebee888
    steviebee888 Posts: 906 Member
    @Teresa502 Me too! Run/Walking helps me relieve so much stress, which is caused by my job. I am working on getting me a different training program for my upcoming Half Marathon in November, because I am not liking the Garmin/Jeff Galloway training plan too much.
  • VO2Maxlet
    VO2Maxlet Posts: 43 Member
    @yirara. I measure my runs on the run portion of the workout as designated by Garmin. The first portion is the warmup and then the "cool down" but that was me just having fun. The portion where it's gray and flat is the measured target pace for the actual run portion. I will stop my runs when I'm doing Zone 2 training to meet the criteria for Zone 2 (just letting my heart rate not get >135 BPM). There I will stop running and start walking to give my heart a break. If I'm doing intervals, I will take "breaks". Usually jogs to get me back to rest, although Thursday I did do one walk for the rest period of an interval

@quilteryoyo yeah! It's always fun. I usually burn near 800-1.5K calories each session depending on the variety and length. I usually stay for 3-5 hours depending on the crowd. I play two games. One is similar to Dance Dance Revolution and the other is called Pump It Up. Both at the beginning competitive level. If my friend is free, I would go over to his house to play ITG which might as well be Dance Dance Revolution, just a lot more intense due to the chart difficulty.

@shanaber ok. I saw these at REI today actually and thought about pulling the trigger but then I saw a higher value item priced lower than those socks, got discouraged at the price/value difference. Maybe I will pull the trigger on it now that I have anecdotal evidence. Nice run! Hopefully the dog feels better.

@ContraryMaryMary the saga continues!

About to do my second attempt at a pacer. Wish me a better VO2 Max!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,244 Member
    @VO2Maxlet I use injinji socks. I've never really had issues with blisters but during marathon training I started having rubbing from the edge of my nail on the toe next to it. I have also used balega and feetures. Both are very comfortable and even though I don't run in them, they are my daily socks. I like the slight compression around the arch on the feetures and the padding in the balegas. Based on where you are getting blisters I wonder if your socks are maybe too loose?
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,512 Member
    @martaindale that's fantastic news power is back on at your house and your in-laws! I'm sure that will help ease your mind and contributed to your good nights sleep. Great pictures and great running!