Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

JULY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,825 Member
    Kettlebell/bodyweight exercises today. My Garmin watch didn't measure this exercise session as 'anaerobic' anymore compared to previous sessions. Looks like my HR is slowly getting lower again. No exercise tomorrow. I'm off to a town some 3hrs by train to discuss some medical tests I had related to my exercise intolerance. Bit nervous, but maybe I finally get answers.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,312 Member
    @Teresa502 Garmin doesn't know a lot of things. :wink: You did great and just making it up that hill is an accomplishment. Great easy run today. I think you may be correct about why people still don't want others to know they have CoVID.

Welcome @WarmJellyfish . How long have you been running? Great mileage so far this month. (Is there a term similar to mileage for Kilometers? Kilometerage?

It's great to hear you had such a good run today @noblsheep . Hahaha about the shoes.

Great running @AlphaHowls and Happy MFP-aversay. Nine years is amazing.

Nice running @Laurz9191 . I'm glad your gym got the shower fixed. You did great with your run and listening to your body.

@yirara I hope you get some answers tomorrow.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,501 Member
    Neighborhood 1.33 Mile (at 13"33 pace). Streak day 70 days

I'm getting some hill work.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,760 Member
    edited July 10
    I feel for you @martaindale. Hopefully you’ll get power back soon. And when you restock your freezer after Japan, make sure you buy ice cream (how do you survive in summer without ice cream? 😲).
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,512 Member
    Oh @martaindale I feel for you and your family! 😞
    It is so hard to be without power for any extended time. Hoping and praying it comes on today so y'all can get ready for your trip.
  • quilteryoyo
    @martaindale I hope you get power back soon, before everything in the freezer goes bad. That's the worst part about a long power outage. Well, that and the heat that you can't get relief from. Stay safe.

Nice running @chris_in_cal . Hill work is good work. :wink:

Great bloated run @tarun_yadavA . Have fun tonight. Take it easy on the beer - remember, you have to get out for a run early in the morning regardless of how hungover you are. :wink:

• quilteryoyo
    Nice running @Scott6255 . Sorry about the technology challenges and Garmin is pretty fickle.

Wow @Teresa502 . I hope they get the power back on when they said they would. It's weird that the didn't let you know. At least the temperature isn't that bad and the breeze really helps.
  • Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 476 Member
    Hi everyone!

An easy recovery 8.1km this morning. It rained buckets last night, so the running conditions were pretty pleasant, if sluggy ;).

@martaindale and @Teresa502 Fingers crossed you both have your power back!!!!

@Scott6255 It seems like your Garmin doesn’t know what it wants :). I’m fruitlessly trying to get in the “productive” zone, but there’s always something it complains about, leaving the “productive “ compliments few and far between 😿. I just run on hoping maybe to get it right eventually ;).

110.4/200km for July.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,760 Member
    Missed my run yesterday thanks to school holidays and having to be here for the kids - it was easier when we lived in suburbia and they’d come on their bikes when I ran. Unfortunately the rural roads are too dangerous for this.

Today i managed 45 mins while Miss 12 had a mock exam. I had Miss 10 in tow on her scooter first the first 2km, then I looped the playground for the next 4k, then she and I headed back to the ballet studio.

A lovely run and Garmin tells me I’m productive! Has given me back that VO2 max point yet though…
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,103 Member
    July Goal: 130 Miles

7/1: 4.02 miles
    7/2: 6.02 miles
    7/3: 6.02 miles
    7/4: 6.26 miles
    7/7: 11.27 miles
    7/8: 3.30 miles
    7/10: 6.52 miles

43.40/130 miles completed for July

I took yesterday as a rest day and then had a nice 6.5 mile run today. It is starting to get light a little later, so I started in the dark, but it was light when I finished. It was 75°F, but the humidity was only 69° and it was pretty pleasant.

exercise.png