Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

JULY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,291 Member
    Morning all
    Got in 4.72 at 10"30. Hot out there!

@quilteryoyo glad you're having fun in FL! 😊 Nice pizza pic!

@Laurz9191 enjoy France! 😊 ... What's a DH?

@chris_in_cal @Mari33a yes!!! Thank you! Haha.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,313 Member
    @ContraryMaryMary I hope Park run goes better than expected and you beat the kid again.

@Laurz9191 Enjoy your trip and drive safely.

Thanks @tarun_yadavA . Good job getting out and doing what you could after an indulgent evening.

Thanks @Scott6255 . I'm glad you had no pain on the treadmill. Hopefully taking a break from the long run will help.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,812 Member
    July 1 – 5.01 miles
    July 3 – 5.10 miles
    July 4 – 3.60 miles
    July 6 – 7.02 miles
    July 8 – 4.51 miles
    July 9 – 3.01 miles
    July 11 – 5.00 miles
    July 13 – 10.03 miles
    July 14 – 2.66 miles
    July 16 – 5.21 miles
    July 18 – 5.19 miles
    July 19 – 10.75 miles

Total 67.09 miles/ Goal 100 miles

Happy Friday all! Hope the Crowdstrike/Microsoft debacle didn't affect anyone.

I have a family reunion tomorrow so I did my long run before work this morning. We got some rain yesterday and it really cooled things down. The temperature was great at 64F at the start with low humidity.

For those of you who track your runs on both Garmin and Strava, do you notice a significant difference in the pace Garmin gives you vs the pace that Strava gives you? For example, today Strava said my pace was 11:52/mile while Garmin said it was 11:58/mile. Yesterday, was a bigger difference. Strava was 10:54/mile while Garmin was 11:03/mile.

Love the beach and Tippy photos @quilteryoyo!

@Laurz9191 – What part of France are you visiting?

Glad you didn’t have any pain on your run this morning @Scott6255. Maybe your legs just needed a little rest.

@martaindale – what a cute and scrumptious looking bento box! (Not so sure about the monks meal.) The drumming sounds fun. Takayama is beautiful!

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,244 Member
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    For those of you who track your runs on both Garmin and Strava, do you notice a significant difference in the pace Garmin gives you vs the pace that Strava gives you? .

@martaindale – what a cute and scrumptious looking bento box! (Not so sure about the monks meal.)

I have never seen that much of a difference. Maybe a second or two occasionally. I looked at my last few runs and they were the same in both Garmin and Strava. I wonder why yours is so different.

The monks meal was really good. It was vegan but with a lot of variety. The meal includes certain colors and 5 styles of cooking so it requires creativity. Not pictured was soup and an eggplant and tofu dish.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,313 Member
    @martaindale Thanks for sharing your trip with us. It looks like so much fun and you have been in some really beautiful spots and able to have a lot of cool experiences.

Great run today @Teresa502 . Enjoy your family reunion tomorrow. Maybe I don't know exactly how it works, but I thought my Strava was connected to my Garmin to get the activities. I really haven't noticed a difference in pace, but have noticed Strava shorts my runs/walks by a smidge.

@yirara Running in the heat will slow you down. You are doing great.

Thanks @kgirlhart . I am having a great time too. I just don't do selfie's very well. LOL You had a great early morning run. I'm sure your nephew was embarrassed by the accidental siren. I am with you on hitting the snooze. I usually hit mine for at least 30 min. I seem to nap so well between the alarms. LOL

Nice running @mari333a . Be careful out there.

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,760 Member
    @Teresa502 is one basing pace on running time while the other is taking total elapsed time? That’s the only way I ever get a difference.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,244 Member
    @ContraryMaryMary I would want the extra 2 mins too. That's a lot of time to shave off so it would be less motivating for me than having a more attainable PR.

@quilteryoyo Tippy looks so happy by the beach!