LESS Alcohol ~ JULY 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Replies

• Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 686 Member
    @SurferGirl1982 - way to go on the less alcohol yesterday!! I have found that the discomfort from drinking less is usually temporary and as we find we CAN do it our confidence also improves.

Good luck with your eye issue too!
  • SurferGirl1982
    SurferGirl1982 Posts: 225 Member
    July:
    AF - 0
    A - 30

I do plan on being AF tomorrow. I have a doctor appointment on the Thursday. So, hopefully I'll have one AF day in July...Yippee 😀

Hopefully the August thread will be easy to find!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,714 Member
    July:
    AF - 0
    A - 30

I do plan on being AF tomorrow. I have a doctor appointment on the Thursday. So, hopefully I'll have one AF day in July...Yippee 😀

Glad your appointment went well, and that you were honest with your eye doctor! That is so huge. Very courageous of you! Hopefully your PCP can work with you to find relief from the driving anziety, and that it’s not contraindicated to any medical issues. Sounds like the garlic was the culprit at your last bloodwork!

@MissMay always posts the link to next month’s thread here, should be posted any time now.

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited July 30
    chicbuc wrote: »
    @NonnieDoiron WTG with the weight loss and abstinence
    @SurferGirl1982 Good luck with your eye stuff and good job being honest with your medical team!
    @Womona So sorry to hear about the loss of your baby. It is such a hard thing to go through

Got back yesterday from my short cruise with my dad. Very nice, relaxing cruise making memories with my dad who's getting older too fast. I did pretty darn good with the drinking until the last day. Such is life. No wine last night and I'm just calling tonight and Wednesday AF as well because that's the plan.

I also went for my second injection of Ozempic yesterday and weighed in. I lost 4 pounds from the previous Monday. It really helped on the cruise. I was very conservative with the food but satisfied too.

Stats as of tomorrow since it's the last day of the month and it will be an AF day for me!!

A = 22
    AF = 9

So glad you got to enjoy time with your dad. It all does go by too quickly. Nice job with weight loss and drinking goals!

Thanks also for the kind words about my dog!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,635 Member
    July:
    AF - 0
    A - 30

Just for you @SurferGirl1982

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10920932/less-alcohol-august-2024-one-day-at-a-time/p1?new=1

I 100% agree with @womona. 1 sip less is counted as drinking LESS. Those sips can eventually add up to one glass. Fingers crossed for a good appointment.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,635 Member
    Womona wrote: »
    Celebrated with two glasses of wine last night… we are getting a bigger boat!!! We’ll be able to sleep out on the new one, and most importantly, has an enclosed head! (Bathroom for all you landlubbers!)

Congrats on the bigger boat. I had to laugh at you describing what a head is. No more peeing off the stern (back of boat, LOL)
  • Michieb125
    Last day of July!

Many of you did outstanding with your month of less A in any amount! Great job 👏

To wrap up July, I did achieve more AF days than last month but still less than my set goal.

But, last night I loosened the reins and after having a huge glass of low alcohol wine I opened a nice red and had half the bottle!
    It was my first red this month so the little devil on my shoulder gave full permission. Well, it did taste wonderful, and now I have the other half of bottle sitting there. Will not be finishing it tonight however.

See you on the August thread!

July Goals minimum days:
    AF days - 16
    A days- 15

Final stats for July:
    AF days - 11
    A days - 21
  • Michieb125
    @Womona congrats on the new boat! That is so very exciting! I am going to check out the app you shared, as I have never used one for drinks and do like the idea of color coding.

@chicbuc how lovely that you took a cruise with your father. My dad passed nearly 12 years ago and I wish we could have had more time together. He was sober 35 years when he did, but it was the cigarettes that did him harm.

@tmbg1- I am envious of your awesome stats for July, So inspiring!

@MissMay - that must have been hurtful to hear your husbands statements. Not so encouraging! Thank you for always proving your experiences with us each and every month! I know we all appreciate your support so much.