LESS Alcohol ~ JULY 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Replies

• Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 686 Member
    edited July 24
    Day 3 of no grains or dairy and ‘feeling’ thinner lol. My mini goal is to continue this reset along with LA into August and hopefully drop those 4 pesky pounds that have crept up since early spring. Another benefit is to clear out inflammation from overdoing snacks all summer. Will head to another Yoga Restore class later this evening, shower, and crawl into bed early.

I was not planning to have wine when I returned home yesterday from a fun visit with my grandkids and DD, but it sounded like a nice way to wrap up my fun afternoon. Therefore, I had an unplanned pink Prosecco and one wine last night while watching Ghostbusters with DH.

Countdown to August - only 7 more days to go!
    Current July:
    AF days - 10
    A days - 14

🌟 May you find your best resolve just for today 🌟
  • SurferGirl1982
    SurferGirl1982 Posts: 225 Member
    @RubyRed427 I haven't figured how to do the "quote" thing yet. Every time I try the whole conversation gets quoted 🤔

The last time I had lab tests done, I planned on not drinking for a few days prior. But I actually drank 36 hours before. My liver enzymes were slightly elevated, my blood sugar was high and my thyroid numbers were off. I had an appointment with my doctor a few days later. And I hadn't drank since before my labs. He sent me down to the lab to check my thyroid and A1C. And, everything came back normal. In fact my A1C was 4.8. In the future, I will try to abstain for 5 to 7 days before doing my blood tests. Being a drinker, from experience, if I don't drink for at least 3 days before, my liver enzymes are usually normal.

I plan on being AF tomorrow and hopefully most of August. I see the new GI doctor on August 1st. And, I'm sure they will order bloods tests, ultrasound, etc. So I don't plan on drinking for a while.

Yep, the Naltrexone made me feel super tired, nauseous and like you said "weird". And, it seems to stay in your system for quite a while. I also had trouble sleeping for a couple of nights after the first night of taking it. My sleep now seems to be returning to normal.

@chicbuc @SparkSpringtime69 Thank you both for your encouragement 😁
  • SurferGirl1982
    @Michieb125 I agree with your statement below". Like I mentioned earlier, I'm not sure how to put things in quotes 🤔

Countdown to August - only 7 more days to go!
    Current July:
    AF days - 10
    A days - 14

My July numbers are still bad:
    AF - 0
    A - 24

I will post back tomorrow.
  • NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 278 Member
    @SurferGirl1982, I wish I was a happy drunk! My hubby is, and it’s hysterical! He always has me cracking up. I stay sober when he gets drunk, so I can laugh and remember it.

@chicbuc, I can’t believe we have so much in common! I think we should get together for an LA day sometime. 😉

AF - 17
    A - 6

Overate tonight, but hadn’t eaten all day. I’m miserable. No drinking tonight. Probably going to bed as soon as hubby gets home.

• chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 561 Member
    @itladyee See you then! Enjoy your vacation!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,714 Member
    Thanks everyone,

I hope to do better in August!

Welcome!!! I love this group, lots of support and understanding.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 1,122 Member
    July:
    AF = 10
    A = 14
  • SparkSpringtime69
    edited July 25
    Good morning everyone B)
    @SurferGirl1982 to put things in quotes:
    like you said, when you use the "quote selection at the bottom of someones post the whole thing gets quoted. But you can go into that quote and delete the parts you don't want. Just be sure to leave the following:
    at the beginning there will be [ quote=posters name, some numbers/letters]
    at the end there will be [/quote ] (I added spaces so this would read as just text)
    as long as you leave those two things between the brackets it should show up as a quote and you can remove anything in between that you don't want to keep.
    Hope that makes sense.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,421 Member
    14 AF
    10 A
  • SurferGirl1982
    Good morning everyone B)
    @SurferGirl1982 to put things in quotes:

Thanks @SparkSpringtime69 Hey, it works! 🙂

• SurferGirl1982
    @SurferGirl1982, I wish I was a happy drunk! My hubby is, and it’s hysterical! He always has me cracking up. I stay sober when he gets drunk, so I can laugh and remember it.

Yeah, I'm kind of jokester myself 😎

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,876 Member
    @Womona, I'm so sorry you lost Moose. The 18th was the anniversary of my losing my dear Yoda. It's so tough. Remember all the good times. :heartbreak:
  • SurferGirl1982
    @Womona We've never spoken. But I'm so sorry to hear about Moose. It made me cry. I lost an animal before and it hurts. But you did everything you could do. Take care 💔

• SparkSpringtime69
    @womona
    I'm so sorry to hear about Moose. It is a heartbreaking decision to have to make, hugs to you and your family.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,635 Member
    @womona my heart goes out to you and your family with the loss of your little guy. I mean, come on look at that pink tongue, those luv'n eyes and wagging tail.
    He is now bouncing around over that rainbow bridge with my three pups. May they all be best buddies. Lots of love you my friend.