Why am I unable to lose weight?

I weight 77-78kg and have been tracking calories and exercise for about a month. I work out regularly with walking,judo,swimming and others. I also eat pretty healthy. Every time I complete a diary it says in 5 weeks I should way 65-72kg with one instance being 58. Yet I'm always stuck on 77. My goal is around 68-72 and it's quite flexible, just looking to lose some minimal fat. I'm also a 175cm woman if that helps with an athletic body type by nature, wide shoulders and back. Please give me advice?

Answers

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,726 Member
    The one thing you haven't mentioned is: how many calories are you eating? Are you weighing everything you eat? Making sure you are using accurate database entries? Avoiding generic entries, but rather using the recipe builder or meals functionality for home-cooked foods?
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 2,133 Member
    A month into it and no loss and your weekly calorie consumption is too high to allow fat loss so they need to come down a bit overall
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,853 Member
    edited July 16
    and one more question? How often did you weigh yourself in this one month? Is there no weight fluctuation in any direction? If you're female is there a weight change related to your cycle, if you have more datapoints than two?
  • mijotamagdalena
    mijotamagdalena Posts: 6 Member
    My calorie goal is around 1400 without exercise. I usually staz within it and maybe a bit above it after a looot of exercise but I usually have 500+ left. And yes there's a bit of fluctuation but it's always around that mark of 77-78. Overall I tend to burn more calories than I eat and for entries I check for specific brands that I'm eating or log my own recipes
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,784 Member
    My calorie goal is around 1400 without exercise. I usually staz within it and maybe a bit above it after a looot of exercise but I usually have 500+ left. And yes there's a bit of fluctuation but it's always around that mark of 77-78. Overall I tend to burn more calories than I eat and for entries I check for specific brands that I'm eating or log my own recipes

Results, when averaged over 4-6 weeks (whole menstrual cycles for those who have them): That's what tells us whether we're burning more calories than we eat. The calorie calculators (MFP and others) and even fitness trackers are just giving us estimates based on the statistically average person.

None of us is a statistical average, we're all individuals. Most people will be close to average in their calorie needs, but a few will be noticeably higher or lower . . . and a rare few will be surprisingly far off average, still could be either higher or lower. That's the nature of statistical estimates.

As a bonus, our multi-week averaged results also account for any systematic logging issues that may be affecting us. If we think we're eating X calories, but not losing any weight, X minus 250 calories should result in an average of half a pound a week loss. When we're logging accurately, reality is close to the X we log. But even if we're not, the general rule for adjusting is the same.

Unfortunately, in some cases.

If all of that exercise is new, or you've been ramping it up at a significant pace over the past month, weird water retention is still a small possibility. The more weeks stack up, the less likely that's the cause, though.