Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New Here

ElenaCorrea3623
ElenaCorrea3623 Posts: 1 Member
edited July 24 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, everyone. My name is Elena and I'm feeling anxious and excited to start this journey. A couple of months ago, I made the decision to get off of adderall, a stimulant medication used to treat ADHD.

For the approx. 10 years I was prescribed, I enjoyed the appetite suppressant qualities of the medication as well the boost to get my workouts done. But, overall, it made me moody, psychotic, isolative and neglectful of my overall health and well being. I realized I was using to numb me out and help me restrict myself. I had tried to get off of it several times, but couldn't bear the inevitable weight gain. Eventually I realized that ultimately, because of the highs and lows, I was not any thinner than I was before ever taking the medication.

So, I finally made the decision to get off of it once and for all. I had established healthy routines for the most part to keep me active daily, but I have yet to commit to tracking my intake and choosing not to overeat as a way to cope. I'm hopeful that this new venture will help me to gain control of my food decisions so that I can feel lean and strong again.

I would love any and all support and encouragement from the community here! Some days I think I should just get back on the adderall -- seeing my body growing fatter and feeling uncomfortable sucks. But I know that is just the short term solution. I hope I can stick with this. If you read this far, thank you! Say hi 😊

Replies