Oldie but a Goodie

I have been using this app on & off for a few years now. So far I have lost 63 lbs w/110 to be at my goal weight. I have just switched jobs from one horrible place to what looks like another. I have been stress eating this past week. Well I have decided two things this weekend. 1) It is a job. I can either stick it out or find something else. 2) I come first! So, I will be making some decisions regarding the job & my health that will be better for ME. NOT what everyone thinks I should be doing. I will be getting back on track. Meal prepping & planning. Finding the motivation to get back to exercising on a regular basis. I am making a commitment to myself to logging on here everyday & completing the dairies. Yeah ME! Hope everyone has a great day! 😁

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,731 Member
    Good luck!

Several years ago, I realized that in a world where so much was out of my control, one of the things I can control is the food I eat and the exercise I do. I lost weight and became a runner. When the world around me seems too much, I can always go for a walk or run and let it all go.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,783 Member
    Good mindset, @marceybear!

Feelings can be hard to control, especially when the situation triggers them, but the actions that flow from the feelings are within our control.

A week that doesn't fit your goals is a drop in the ocean; the rest of life is the ocean. Only giving up the effort short-circuits reaching your goals. One weird week is just a brief side-trip, as long as you keep going on your health-promoting track!

Best wishes for success!