My name is katia tannus

My name is katia tannus. I'm 28 years old, and I have type 2 diabetes caused by obesity, and dangerous eating. I have lost 30 pounds so far. My question is how do you stay consistent with dieting and exercising, when you don't like exercising?
Tagged:

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,939 Member
    Welcome!

There are some great threads created by our members, bookmarked to the top of each category that may be helpful. Just look for "Most Helpful Posts - whatever the category name is”.

For example:
    You can also ask your questions in any category that interests you, read posts or questions made by other members, join a group, or add some friends.

Here are some frequently asked questions that may also be helpful: FAQ's

For your specific question about "how to exercise when I don't like exercising", my reply is to challenge your definition of exercising. Exercise is so much more than simply going to the gym to lift weights or hop on a treadmill. Anything that gets you moving can count as exercise, including but in no way limited to:

- Walking around the block
    - Hiking in nature
    - Ballroom dancing
    - Martial arts
    - Mountain climbing
    - Indoor wall climbing
    - Giving a 2-year-old or a dog a bath
    - Tai chi
    - Repainting the backyard fence
    - Helping a friend move out of/into their home
    - Mowing the lawn

...and so much more! Even within the "traditional" forms of exercise, doing the same type of movement in different environments can make a huge difference. For example, riding a stationary bike alone or riding a bike outside on streets or riding a bike up and down mountain trails or riding a stationary bike as part of a group class with an instructor cheering you on...all of these have the same basic movement, but can have drastically different levels of enjoyment for the participants.

Try out EVERYTHING before you simply say "I don't like exercise" because you may be surprised what you enjoy, and what you enjoy can change over time. I used to love running as a teenager, now hate it, yet I've discovered a love of lifting that never appealed to me as a youth.