Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

🍃🍂September Daily Weigh-in and Logging Challenge🍂🍃

Replies

• ozdeelite
    ozdeelite Posts: 370 Member
    September weigh in.

Start weight:
    110.5kg = 243lb

Goal weight: 107kg

1. 110.5kg 🍴2909🔥👣
    2. 110kg ⬇️
  • usafbrat64
    usafbrat64 Posts: 7 Member
    edited September 2
    Hi! I'm Yvonne, live in Missouri, and I'm ready for a change. I deal with Summer SAD, so this summer has been a wash. Add to that, I just turned 60. My highest weight was 245, and I've been living between 200-210 for the last 10 years. And, I'm DONE!

September’s Goals
    Weight – 202
    Walk – 15 miles/week
    FBG – 80-130 daily
    Log food - daily
    Meds – daily

9/1 208.4, 0, - , x, x
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 4,665 Member
    iLive2Walk wrote: »
    Hi I'm Darlene and have been with this group for a while - it was the first "challenge" I joined on MFP, so holds a special place in my heart. I am 64, married, (Greg - 37 years), one adult daughter (Allyson), one pup - Monty the Goldendoodle. I retired in 2020.

🍂 🍎 Hello September 🍎🍂

Starting Weight 228

SW Dec: 228 | Jan: 217 | Feb: 212 | Mar: 207.6 | Apr 200.2 | May 194.8 | Jun: 189.6 | Jul: 187.4 | Aug: 179.8 | Sep: 174.2 | Oct: 169.6 | Nov 164.6 | Dec 164 | Jan 159.8 | Feb 156.8 | Mar 152.8 | Apr 151.6 | May 149.6 | Jun 145 | Jul 143.5 | Aug 142.4

My September Goals

👣 Average 12k Steps per day
    📝 Log Daily
    🥗 Stay under my calorie range
    💪 Strength Train 3 days per week
    🫀 Cardio 3 days per week
    🦵 PT Knee Stretch and Strength 3 days per week
    🧘‍♀️ 1Rest day - stretch routine
    💦 8+ glasses of water
    🧂Stay under sodium goal
    ⚖️ Get to the ideal bmi range - just 2.5 pounds to go

👣📝🥗💪🫀🦵🧘‍♀️💦🧂

For the new people I write a reflection on how my prior month's weight loss journey went. Here is mine from August for anyone that cares to read.

August Reflection

The highly anticipated terrible August came and as expected was kind of a wash. I had a wonderful time – but it is now time to get at it. Here is the good, the bad, and the ugly truth.

First and foremost, I lost 1.1 pounds this month. My steady shrinking is still in play – I have lost every month since I started this weight loss journey. That being said, I made it by the skin of my teeth My birthday, girls trips, and anniversary all happened this month. Phew!

Exercise was better this month. I got the green light to start unseated exercise again in August and gradually increased my steps to an average of about 12-14K steps per day.

I reached the 1,700-mile marker on my quest to walk 2,024 miles in 2024, logging about 200 miles this month, as we speak am at 1,720 miles. My tracker says that I hit my goal in Mid-October. My second goal of hitting 2,024 intentional miles is coming along – currently at 1,337 miles, 66% of the goal. It’s just shy of where I should be (67%), but if my body holds up – I can do it.

I am more determined than ever to get this done, and I hope that September will get me to the ideal BMI range (just 2.5 pounds to go). Then as I mentioned last month, will see where I end up as my goal weight when I get there - 100-pound loss or January 8, 2025 (my two-year starting date) whichever comes first.

My before and after pictures for August - not the best pictures - but didn't take too many in August.

kd1o1lhxc3hu.png

My Goals for September:
    • Get to ideal BMI Range (140 pounds)
    • Alternate Cardio and Strength
    • Average 14K Steps per day
    • Continue Physical Therapy Knee exercise – every other day
    • Make up miles for intentional 2,024 in 2024 to ensure that I make it

👣📝🥗💪🫀🦵🧘‍♀️💦🧂

Sep 1- 142.5 📝🥗💪🦵💦🧂I had a set back with my knee yesterday. Switched my strength exercise to a seated one, and couldn't get on the treadmill without pain - so was below my step goal. Iced and went to bed early - feel better this morning but will take it easy today - going to call it my rest day! Did my budget and my reflection (both not pretty this month).

Sept 2 - 142 😁👣📝🥗🫀💦🧂Knee is feeling much better, iced whenever I was sitting on my bottom in front of the tube! Got my intended exercise done, a little bit of cleaning done. A productive day.

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,901 Member
    nf3s7d0w3qd0.jpeg
  • jm216
    edited September 2
    Hi! I’m Jill and I absolutely ❤️ this group of like-minded friends. If you’re here, then you’re our friend!

Welcome to 🍃🍂September🍂🍃!
    Fall is my favorite season. I live in Michigan, and I love the chilly mornings and evenings.☕️ I love the sunny days and love watching the trees change colors 🌳 🍃🍂🍁… and the smell of fall. I don’t even mind the rainy days.

My goals this September are to:
    🍃Get outside and 🚶‍♀️or 🚴
    🍃Enjoy the season
    🍃Log daily
    🍃15 minutes of intentional exercise each day

September 1: 213
    September 2: 213

Jill🥰🍂🍃
  • cattherien
    cattherien Posts: 323 Member
    I'm Charlene, 59yo, 5'8", married 40 years to Allen, 6 kids, 9 grandkids, work as a caregiver for the elderly so they can stay in their homes. I live in Central Illinois, I love summer and hate winter. I'm creative, curious, and chatty. I have a lot of food allergies, so I don't follow any certain eating plan.

August 31 ending weight: 182.7
    September 1 beginning weight: 182.7
    September weight goal: 180

🥛= I met my water goal
    ✍️= I logged all my food
    🧂= I stayed under my sodium limit
    🧮= I stayed under my calorie limit
    🥏= Disc golf (golf, but with a Frisbee)
    🚶= Steps (number)
    🏋️= Exercise
    📚= I read at least 30 minutes

Sep 1: 182.7 ✍️🚶(4398)
    Sep 2: 182.3 🥛🧂🧮📚🚶(2154)

I met all my macro goals yesterday. I'll be honest, I had zero appetite. I got a text yesterday morning from the family of one of my clients, telling me the husband had died Saturday night. I've been caring for this couple for 4 years, they are my first caregiving family, and this couple is so dear to me. We are friends. You spend that much time with people every week, year in and year out, and a friendship is bound to happen. When I entered this employment, I knew a client passing could happen - likely would happen eventually - but this is the first one - and I wasn't prepared for the loss, emotionally, even though I thought I was. I assumed I was stronger -that I'd help the family through their grief - but if I'm going through it too.. . I'm just a little worried about just breaking down in crying in front of them. This is pretty raw right now.

Big breath - I've been through grieving before. All 3 parents, all 4 grandparents, a young son. I know the process. It's all in my frontal cortex. I know I can go through it and not prolong it by avoidance. I've just not walked this road in this context before, and that's what gives me some trepidation as to how to handle it.
  • cattherien
    @melstevens12345 welcome welcome. 🌸

@deepwoodslady smart of you to think of not buying certain snacks, because they are too much temptation. 👍

@jm216 I love your positive attitude. 👍

@ozdeelite great to see that .5kg loss. 👍

@Usafbrat64 welcome welcome. 🌸

@ilive2walk glad to hear the icing helped. ❤️

• jo_casey42
    jo_casey42 Posts: 116 Member
    SW 253
    First goal: Onederland
    UGW: 153

Goals:
    Track everything, consistency over perfection
    10,000 steps a day
    Gym 4x per week
    Drink two tumblers of water per day
    Read 30 mins a day
    One Masterclass episode a day
    Walk pup at least 30 mins a day

September Goal: lose 6 pounds

Sept 1: 230.6
    Sept 2: 230.4
    Sept 3:
    Sept 4:
    Sept 5:
    Sept 6:
    Sept 7:
    Sept 8:
    Sept 9:
    Sept 10:
    Sept 11:
    Sept 12:
    Sept 13:
    Sept 14:
    Sept 15:
    Sept 16:
    Sept 17:
    Sept 18
    Sept 19:
    Sept 20:
    Sept 21:
    Sept 22:
    Sept 23:
    Sept 24:
    Sept 25:
    Sept 26:
    Sept 27:
    Sept 28:
    Sept 29:
    Sept 30:
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,789 Member
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 5’ 5” tall, 64 years old and from Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

This Challenge Starting Weight (from Aug 29th): 190.2
    Goal: 186.2 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx
    Total Lost/Gained this month: xxxxx

**********************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME********************

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

09/01- My starting weight this month is my last known/posted weight from August 29th. I got my grocery shopping done out of town and eliminated some of the “approved” snacks that were just too tempting. Will there be more eliminated later? Maybe, but it’s a start. I hate how much harder it is to breathe and also maneuver steps into the house with the grocery bags when these extra pounds are on. Incentive! I will likely post a weight tomorrow. Good luck this month my friends. This will be a very challenging month for me with lots of travel including some overnights. I’ll be giving it all I’ve got! Welcome to our new friends that have joined us. It’s wonderful to have you here!

09/02-192.4-(Trend Weight 191.5)- Holy Cow Batman!!! September will be an especially challenging month for me but THE BUCK STOPS HERE! It HAS to! Happy Labor Day to everyone celebrating.

09/03-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/04-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/05-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/06-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/07-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/08-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/09-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/10-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/11-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

SECOND HALF OF THE MONTH

09/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
  • deepwoodslady
    To those celebrating:

th?id=OIP.5NIkYI0ofxnrPK1TLaXcCgHaEc&pid=Api&P=0&h=420
  • usafbrat64
    usafbrat64 Posts: 7 Member
    September’s Goals
    Weight – 202
    Walk – 15 miles/week
    FBG – 80-130 daily
    Log food - daily
    Meds – daily

9/1 208.4, 0, - , x, x
    9/2 207.6, 1, 128, x, x
  • jmdavid616
    jmdavid616 Posts: 5 Member
    September’s Goals
    Today’s Date — 9/2/24
    Weight – Will weigh-in tomorrow morning
    Walk – 10 miles this week
    Water — 6 Glasses/Day
    Log food — Daily
  • koeitjiesa
    koeitjiesa Posts: 355 Member
    Hi all. I'm back for September. And it's the start of spring this side of the world. So feeling super motivated.

I'm very proud of my journey so far. I'm looking forward to continuing my healthier lifestyle with you all.

My starting weight in April: 94.2kg
    My current weight: 79.1kg
    My goal weight for September: 76kg

September 1 - 79.1kg
    September 2 - 79.2kg
    September 3 - 79.2kg
    September 4 -
    September 5 -
    September 6 -
    September 7 -
    September 8 -
    September 9 -
    September 10 -
    September 11 -
    September 12 -
    September 13 -
    September 14 -
    September 15 -
    September 16 -
    September 17 -
  • iLive2Walk
    Hi I'm Darlene and have been with this group for a while - it was the first "challenge" I joined on MFP, so holds a special place in my heart. I am 64, married, (Greg - 37 years), one adult daughter (Allyson), one pup - Monty the Goldendoodle. I retired in 2020.

🍂 🍎 Hello September 🍎🍂

Starting Weight 228

SW Dec: 228 | Jan: 217 | Feb: 212 | Mar: 207.6 | Apr 200.2 | May 194.8 | Jun: 189.6 | Jul: 187.4 | Aug: 179.8 | Sep: 174.2 | Oct: 169.6 | Nov 164.6 | Dec 164 | Jan 159.8 | Feb 156.8 | Mar 152.8 | Apr 151.6 | May 149.6 | Jun 145 | Jul 143.5 | Aug 142.4

My September Goals

👣 Average 12k Steps per day
    📝 Log Daily
    🥗 Stay under my calorie range
    💪 Strength Train 3 days per week
    🫀 Cardio 3 days per week
    🦵 PT Knee Stretch and Strength 3 days per week
    🧘‍♀️ 1Rest day - stretch routine
    💦 8+ glasses of water
    🧂Stay under sodium goal
    ⚖️ Get to the ideal bmi range - just 2.5 pounds to go[/quote]

👣📝🥗💪🫀🦵🧘‍♀️💦🧂

For the new people I write a reflection on how my prior month's weight loss journey went. Here is mine from August for anyone that cares to read.

August Reflection

The highly anticipated terrible August came and as expected was kind of a wash. I had a wonderful time – but it is now time to get at it. Here is the good, the bad, and the ugly truth.

First and foremost, I lost 1.1 pounds this month. My steady shrinking is still in play – I have lost every month since I started this weight loss journey. That being said, I made it by the skin of my teeth My birthday, girls trips, and anniversary all happened this month. Phew!

Exercise was better this month. I got the green light to start unseated exercise again in August and gradually increased my steps to an average of about 12-14K steps per day.

I reached the 1,700-mile marker on my quest to walk 2,024 miles in 2024, logging about 200 miles this month, as we speak am at 1,720 miles. My tracker says that I hit my goal in Mid-October. My second goal of hitting 2,024 intentional miles is coming along – currently at 1,337 miles, 66% of the goal. It’s just shy of where I should be (67%), but if my body holds up – I can do it.

I am more determined than ever to get this done, and I hope that September will get me to the ideal BMI range (just 2.5 pounds to go). Then as I mentioned last month, will see where I end up as my goal weight when I get there - 100-pound loss or January 8, 2025 (my two-year starting date) whichever comes first.

My before and after pictures for August - not the best pictures - but didn't take too many in August.

kd1o1lhxc3hu.png

My Goals for September:
    • Get to ideal BMI Range (140 pounds)
    • Alternate Cardio and Strength
    • Average 14K Steps per day
    • Continue Physical Therapy Knee exercise – every other day
    • Make up miles for intentional 2,024 in 2024 to ensure that I make it

👣📝🥗💪🫀🦵🧘‍♀️💦🧂

Sep 1- 142.5 📝🥗💪🦵💦🧂I had a set back with my knee yesterday. Switched my strength exercise to a seated one, and couldn't get on the treadmill without pain - so was below my step goal. Iced and went to bed early - feel better this morning but will take it easy today - going to call it my rest day! Did my budget and my reflection (both not pretty this month).

Sep 2 - 142 😁👣📝🥗🫀💦🧂Knee is feeling much better, iced whenever I was sitting on my bottom in front of the tube! Got my intended exercise done, a little bit of cleaning done. A productive day.

Sep 3 - 142 👣📝🥗💪🦵💦🧂Beautiful day in CT. Got in our normal AM walk, then cleaned out the front garden. I weeded out the front flowerbed, getting ready to plant some fall mums. Picked some basil and made some tomato/basil sauce - it was just ok. Next time, add some more spice. Then it was bingo night with mom. I didn't win, but won the half time trivia contest and the door prize - I'm rich $20 (I spend $30). LOL! Mom was in a grouchy mood - her hip is bothering her AND she didn't win. ☹️

@cattherien I am so sorry to hear about your client. Thinking of you, sending prayers, and love. 🫂

@deepwoodslady Traveling is definitely a tough one - but you've got this!

@jm216 Fall is my favorite time of year too - just love the cooler, but not bitterly cold weather! It's a beautiful chilly morning here - 48 degrees - perfect walking weather!

Welcome to everyone jumping in!

• cattherien
    I'm Charlene, 59yo, 5'8", married 40 years to Allen, 6 kids, 9 grandkids, work as a caregiver for the elderly so they can stay in their homes. I live in Central Illinois, I love summer and hate winter. I'm creative, curious, and chatty. I have a lot of food allergies, so I don't follow any certain eating plan.

August 31 ending weight: 182.7
    September 1 beginning weight: 182.7
    September weight goal: 180

🥛= I met my water goal
    ✍️= I logged all my food
    🧂= I stayed under my sodium limit
    🧮= I stayed under my calorie limit
    🥏= Disc golf (golf, but with a Frisbee)
    🚶= Steps (number)
    🏋️= Exercise
    📚= I read at least 30 minutes

Sep 1: 182.7 ✍️🚶(4398)
    Sep 2: 182.3 🥛🧂🧮📚🚶(2154)
    Sep 3: 182.7 🥛🧂📚🏋️🚶(5433)

Met all my macros except calories; I also got a treadmill walk in. Finished the work training before the deadline. Got some laundry done. Did some (promising) research about upping my vitamin D3, because of the celiac. Read my book for a bit.

Today I need to dye my hair (I refuse to go gray), finish washing laundry, drop off some stuff at UPS, order a grandkid's birthday present + send a card, and try to do some meal prep.

@jmdavid616 welcome welcome🌸 I hope you like it here.

@ilive2walk very productive day you had yesterday. Ha, the winning at bingo. Poor Mom, I get it, my MIL is the same way though she can't get out to bingo as much any more. And thank you, 🫂.

• jo_casey42
    jo_casey42 Posts: 116 Member
    SW 253
    First goal: Onederland
    UGW: 153

Goals:
    Track everything, consistency over perfection
    10,000 steps a day
    Gym 4x per week
    Drink two tumblers of water per day
    Read 30 mins a day
    One Masterclass episode a day
    Walk pup at least 30 mins a day

September Goal: lose 6 pounds

Sept 1: 230.6
    Sept 2: 230.4
    Sept 3: 230.2
    Sept 4:
    Sept 5:
    Sept 6:
    Sept 7:
    Sept 8:
    Sept 9:
    Sept 10:
    Sept 11:
    Sept 12:
    Sept 13:
    Sept 14:
    Sept 15:
    Sept 16:
    Sept 17:
    Sept 18
    Sept 19:
    Sept 20:
    Sept 21:
    Sept 22:
    Sept 23:
    Sept 24:
    Sept 25:
    Sept 26:
    Sept 27:
    Sept 28:
    Sept 29:
    Sept 30:
  • deepwoodslady
    @cattherien I'm sorry for your loss. They do become like family. {{{hugs}}}
  • deepwoodslady
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 5’ 5” tall, 64 years old and from Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

This Challenge Starting Weight (from Aug 29th): 190.2
    Goal: 186.2 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx
    Total Lost/Gained this month: xxxxx

**********************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME********************

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

09/01- DNW -(Trend Weight DNW )-

09/02-192.4-(Trend Weight 191.5)- Holy Cow Batman!!! September will be an especially challenging month for me but THE BUCK STOPS HERE! It HAS to! Happy Labor Day to everyone celebrating.

09/03-192.0-(Trend Weight 191.6)- I’m showing a small drop on the scale for which I am grateful. I ate an extra meal yesterday due to curiosity. Only eat when you are actually hungry Donna!!! DD and DGS were here an extra day & night due to the holiday. They left last night and won’t be back until Thursday evening. I have one hair appointment this week which is local and won’t affect my eating so I hope to make some impact on the scale this week. I started my day today with a Youtube exercise video so I’m off to a good start.

09/04-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/05-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/06-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/07-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/08-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/09-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/10-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/11-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

SECOND HALF OF THE MONTH

09/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
  • iLive2Walk
    This was a fun one; I usually don't like stretch type exercise - but I know its good for me - this one was nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJAHGpe0AVU
  • jm216
    Hi! I’m Jill and I absolutely ❤️ this group of like-minded friends. If you’re here, then you’re our friend!

Welcome to 🍃🍂September🍂🍃!
    Fall is my favorite season. I live in Michigan, and I love the chilly mornings and evenings.☕️ I love the sunny days and love watching the trees change colors 🌳 🍃🍂🍁… and the smell of fall. I don’t even mind the rainy days.

My goals this September are to:
    🍃Get outside and 🚶‍♀️or 🚴
    🍃Enjoy the season
    🍃Log daily
    🍃15 minutes of intentional exercise each day

September 1: 213
    September 2: 213
    September 3: 212

Jill🥰🍂🍃