Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ‚September Daily Weigh-in and Logging Challenge๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿƒ

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,789 Member
    @deepwoodslady thank you for your condolences. I'd missed seeing them the other day but saw them this morning, {{{hugs back}}}. Did the boards arrive at the Amish lumber yard?

@cattherien No boards yet from the Amish. I was hoping today due to a possible delay in their truck because of Monday's holiday but so far, no such luck. That means I won't get them until mid-week next week. My contractor could not get a babysitting today (a new issue for them) so he didn't show up. However, my roofing crew arrived bright & early today. They have tarped along the house in the backyard to protect plants and siding and are starting to work on some things up there as they wait for the construction material dumpster to arrive. My back door is blocked so we are using the big attached garage door to get in & out or the front door which we rarely use. It's a mess but all in the name of progress, right?

dix75emwkm1y.png

• deepwoodslady
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 5โ€™ 5โ€ tall, 64 years old and from Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250โ€™s; 240โ€™s; 230โ€™s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180โ€™s; 170's; 160's; 150โ€™s

This Challenge Starting Weight (from Aug 29th): 190.2
    Goal: 186.2 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx
    Total Lost/Gained this month: xxxxx

**********************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME********************

Weight in blue makes me blue because itโ€™s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because itโ€™s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

09/01- DNW -(Trend Weight DNW )-

09/02-192.4-(Trend Weight 191.5)-

09/03-192.0-(Trend Weight 191.6)-

09/04-190.8-(Trend Weight 191.5)- I woke up STARVING today. Likely due to the drop on the scale. Iโ€™ll have to plan my food carefully today . I have a haircut today at the local salon then the roofing supplies are being delivered today by a home improvement truck. And my Qty 65 Fourteen foot treated 2 x 6 boards may arrive at the Amish lumber yard today for me to begin picking up as it will take several trips due to the weight. If they donโ€™t come in today then it will be next week due to holiday delays. So it will be a busy busy day. I hope all this will help keep my mind off food. My dinner will be key since I will need to avoid so many night time snacks when the day winds down and there is more time to eat. Itโ€™s a plan.

09/05-190.8-(Trend Weight 191.4)- Weight the same as yesterday, trend weight down a notch. After my haircut I did end up eating off a food truck because I was Starving and I could feel my glucose dropping. It was beef-a-roo truck. I had 3 small chicken strips and some fries where each French fry was so tiny I had to use my bifocals to see them. The food was bland, simplistic and pretty awful. I wonโ€™t be doing THAT again! Glad to see my weight sustained and I sincerely hope it donโ€™t rear its ugly head in the days coming. I did tip-toe around food last night for dinner because of it and made some definite adjustments. This is really all about lifestyle changes and Iโ€™m glad I was able to make adjustments to my dinner and snack schedule to accommodate without too much trouble. Baby steps getting back in the saddle again.

09/06-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/07-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/08-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/09-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/10-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/11-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

SECOND HALF OF THE MONTH

09/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

• iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 4,665 Member
    @jazz_2014 Thank you for your kind words - really means a lot. It has been a long hard journey - but I'm getting there! Here is Monty by the way - a not so golden - Goldendoodle! He is a rescue pup - parents were found roaming during the arkansas floods - mom gave birth at the shelter. He rules our house - super spoiled, super fabulous!

50j9rul4m40n.png

• usafbrat64
    usafbrat64 Posts: 7 Member
    Septemberโ€™s Goals
    Weight โ€“ 202
    Walk โ€“ 5 miles/week
    FBG โ€“ 80-130 daily
    Log food - daily
    Meds โ€“ daily

9/1 208.4, 0, - , x, x
    9/2 207.6, 1, 128, x, x
    9/3 207.8, 1, 136, x, x
    9/4 208.2, .5, 124, x, x
    Weight is going the wrong way, but Iโ€™m not too worried. Itโ€™s the number on Sept 30 that counts. I am not going to let it discourage me!!!
    9.5 207.8, 0, x, x
    Tomorrow Iโ€™m not expecting a good number. Had a small chocolate binge at work tonight and too hot to walk. Onward!!
  • ozdeelite
    ozdeelite Posts: 370 Member
    @cattherien home care for elderly. I am really struggling because of my fibromyalgia. Iโ€™m tired and sore constantly and working is ultra hard for me.

September weigh in.

Start weight:
    110.5kg = 243lb

Goal weight: 107kg

1. 110.5kg ๐Ÿด2909๐Ÿ”ฅ2113๐Ÿ‘ฃ 2732
    2. 110kg โฌ‡๏ธ ๐Ÿด1643๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ’ช61 minutes walking
    3. 110.6kg โฌ†๏ธ๐Ÿด1876๐Ÿ”ฅ2274๐Ÿ‘ฃ3778
    4. 110.4kg โฌ‡๏ธ ๐Ÿด2006 ๐Ÿ”ฅ2625 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 6968
    5. 110.4kg ๐Ÿด2317๐Ÿ”ฅ2239๐Ÿ‘ฃ3873
    6. No weigh in

• koeitjiesa
    koeitjiesa Posts: 355 Member
    Hi all. I'm back for September. And it's the start of spring this side of the world. So feeling super motivated.

I'm very proud of my journey so far. I'm looking forward to continuing my healthier lifestyle with you all.

My starting weight in April: 94.2kg
    My current weight: 79.1kg
    My goal weight for September: 76kg

September 1 - 79.1kg
    September 2 - 79.2kg
    September 3 - 79.2kg
    September 4 - 79.0kg
    September 5 - 79.0kg
    September 6 - 79.4kg
    September 7 -
    September 8 -
    September 9 -
    September 10 -
    September 11 -
    September 12 -
    September 13 -
    September 14 -
    September 15 -
    September 16 -
    September 17 -
  • iLive2Walk
    edited September 6
    Hi I'm Darlene and have been with this group for a while - it was the first "challenge" I joined on MFP, so holds a special place in my heart. I am 64, married, (Greg - 37 years), one adult daughter (Allyson), one pup - Monty the Goldendoodle. I retired in 2020.

๐Ÿ‚ ๐ŸŽ Hello September ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‚

Starting Weight 228

SW Dec: 228 | Jan: 217 | Feb: 212 | Mar: 207.6 | Apr 200.2 | May 194.8 | Jun: 189.6 | Jul: 187.4 | Aug: 179.8 | Sep: 174.2 | Oct: 169.6 | Nov 164.6 | Dec 164 | Jan 159.8 | Feb 156.8 | Mar 152.8 | Apr 151.6 | May 149.6 | Jun 145 | Jul 143.5 | Aug 142.4

My September Goals

๐Ÿ‘ฃ Average 12k Steps per day
    ๐Ÿ“ Log Daily
    ๐Ÿฅ— Stay under my calorie range
    ๐Ÿ’ช Strength Train 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿซ€ Cardio 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿฆต PT Knee Stretch and Strength 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ 1Rest day - stretch routine
    ๐Ÿ’ฆ 8+ glasses of water
    ๐Ÿง‚Stay under sodium goal
    โš–๏ธ Get to the ideal bmi range - just 2.5 pounds to go[/quote]

๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚

For the new people I write a reflection on how my prior month's weight loss journey went. Here is mine from August for anyone that cares to read.

August Reflection

The highly anticipated terrible August came and as expected was kind of a wash. I had a wonderful time โ€“ but it is now time to get at it. Here is the good, the bad, and the ugly truth.

First and foremost, I lost 1.1 pounds this month. My steady shrinking is still in play โ€“ I have lost every month since I started this weight loss journey. That being said, I made it by the skin of my teeth My birthday, girls trips, and anniversary all happened this month. Phew!

Exercise was better this month. I got the green light to start unseated exercise again in August and gradually increased my steps to an average of about 12-14K steps per day.

I reached the 1,700-mile marker on my quest to walk 2,024 miles in 2024, logging about 200 miles this month, as we speak am at 1,720 miles. My tracker says that I hit my goal in Mid-October. My second goal of hitting 2,024 intentional miles is coming along โ€“ currently at 1,337 miles, 66% of the goal. Itโ€™s just shy of where I should be (67%), but if my body holds up โ€“ I can do it.

I am more determined than ever to get this done, and I hope that September will get me to the ideal BMI range (just 2.5 pounds to go). Then as I mentioned last month, will see where I end up as my goal weight when I get there - 100-pound loss or January 8, 2025 (my two-year starting date) whichever comes first.

My before and after pictures for August - not the best pictures - but didn't take too many in August.

kd1o1lhxc3hu.png

My Goals for September:
    • Get to ideal BMI Range (140 pounds)
    • Alternate Cardio and Strength
    • Average 14K Steps per day
    • Continue Physical Therapy Knee exercise โ€“ every other day
    • Make up miles for intentional 2,024 in 2024 to ensure that I make it

๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ•›๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚

Sep 1- 142.5 ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚I had a set back with my knee yesterday. Switched my strength exercise to a seated one, and couldn't get on the treadmill without pain - so was below my step goal. Iced and went to bed early - feel better this morning but will take it easy today - going to call it my rest day! Did my budget and my reflection (both not pretty this month).

Sep 2 - 142 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚Knee is feeling much better, iced whenever I was sitting on my bottom in front of the tube! Got my intended exercise done, a little bit of cleaning done. A productive day.

Sep 3 - 142 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚Beautiful day in CT. Got in our normal AM walk, then cleaned out the front garden. I weeded out the front flowerbed, getting ready to plant some fall mums. Picked some basil and made some tomato/basil sauce - it was just ok. Next time, add some more spice. Then it was bingo night with mom. I didn't win, but won the half time trivia contest and the door prize - I'm rich $20 (I spend $30). LOL! Mom was in a grouchy mood - her hip is bothering her AND she didn't win. โ˜น๏ธ

Sep 4 - 143.1 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚ Let's just say I did to myself and I'm not proud about it. It was one of those can't sleep days, and binged while I was up. I know it's temporary if I can turn it around today. I am not going down this road again where I get close and then sabatoge myself.

Sep 5 - 143 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚Another night of no sleep, didn't binge - but did eat late. I justified it because I had calories left in my day - so today adding another tracker to my list - eat within my eight hour window. I have an orthopedic appointment for me knee today, hoping another shot will help with the soreness.

Sep 6 - 142.5 ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ•›๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚Orthopedic appointment well ok. Dr is submitting a request to insurance for a gel injection. It is supposed to last about 6 months. We talked about another cortizone shot, but she thought this might be a better for me. We discussed surgery again for the meniscus tear - but she doesn't think that is the best solution at this time - the repair could make the arthritis pain worse. Also talked about just using over the counter ibuprofen - but I don't like that option. Allyson's diswasher wouldn't drain, so we went to her place after the appointment - the motor is shot. Picking up a new one and installing today. Then tonight Allyson is coming for the weekend - celebrating Greg's birthday - dinner tonight and we are going to see a play tomorrow. I'll try to stick to the plan!

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Hi! Iโ€™m Jill and I absolutely โค๏ธ this group of like-minded friends. If youโ€™re here, then youโ€™re our friend!

Welcome to ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ‚September๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿƒ!
    Fall is my favorite season. I live in Michigan, and I love the chilly mornings and evenings.โ˜•๏ธ I love the sunny days and love watching the trees change colors ๐ŸŒณ ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿโ€ฆ and the smell of fall. I donโ€™t even mind the rainy days.

My goals this September are to:
    ๐ŸƒGet outside and ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธor ๐Ÿšด
    ๐ŸƒEnjoy the season
    ๐ŸƒLog daily
    ๐Ÿƒ15 minutes of intentional exercise each day

September 1: 213
    September 2: 213
    September 3: 212
    September 4: 212.8
    September 5: 213 Iโ€™ve been consistently loggingโ€ฆ 7 days in a rowโ€ฆ but now itโ€™s time to tweak what Iโ€™m eating so I can be at or under my calories instead of eating over my calories.
    Baby steps. ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ‘ฃ

Jill๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿƒ
  • jm216
    edited September 6
    Here is a Friday pick-me-up song to get this day movinโ€™ and groovingโ€™

https://youtu.be/iPUmE-tne5U?si=f5O1AlzGyzDtDx0J
  • cattherien
    cattherien Posts: 323 Member
    August 31 ending weight: 182.7
    September 1 beginning weight: 182.7
    September weight goal: 180

๐Ÿฅ›= I met my water goal
    โœ๏ธ= I logged all my food
    ๐Ÿง‚= I stayed under my sodium limit
    ๐Ÿงฎ= I stayed under my calorie limit
    ๐Ÿฅ= Disc golf (golf, but with a Frisbee)
    ๐Ÿšถ= Steps (number)
    ๐Ÿ‹๏ธ= Exercise (stretch/strength/cardio)
    ๐Ÿ“š= I read for at least 30 minutes

Sep 1: 182.7 โœ๏ธ๐Ÿšถ(4398)
    Sep 2: 182.3 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿšถ(2154)
    Sep 3: 182.7 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ‹๏ธ๐Ÿšถ(5433)
    Sep 4: 182.9 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿšถ(6746)
    Sep 5: 183.2 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿšถ(3655)
    Sep 6: 182.7 โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿฅ(4343) ๐Ÿšถ(3322)

Yesterday was a pretty good day, except that I just missed my water goal and I was slightly over on calories. Mostly good food choices and no popcorn at the movie theater. It was hot and humid for ๐Ÿฅ disc golf, but I noticed I wasn't exhausted by the end. 5 years ago, we both could've played 18 holes, gone to lunch, then played another 18. But in the past couple of years, I hadn't been able to get through a full 18 without feeling like I needed a nap by hole 9. So maybe feeling energetic still after a round of disc golf if from the increase in vitamin D?

Allen's cardiologist is going to have him wear a heart monitor for 30 days. The doctor thinks maybe Allen is having some afib. Not uncommon at his age and with his heart issues. Allen did ask the doctor about wearing a health watch, and the doctor said yes, that's actually a great idea... and he himself had bought one for his own father to wear. So there we go - Allen said he's definitely getting one, and I couldn't be happier about that.

We went to see "Reagan" in the theater last night. I thought Dennis Quaid did an admirable job with the role and he captured Reagan's facial expressions fairly well. Because Allen and I are old enough to remember Reagan as our governor for California, and then President, a lot of the movie was familiar to us and in as far as we remember, true to history. What was the most intriguing was how they framed the movie - from the point of view of a political analyst from the former Soviet Union, who had followed Reagan throughout his career and researched him. I like Jon Voight as an actor and I thought he did a great job as Petrovich. So we had a good time and interesting conversation afterwards.
  • cattherien
    @jm216 thanks for sharing pictures of your date night! Looks like you were having a blast. Congrats on a full week of consistent tracking! You've got this! Keep going!

@deepwoodslady well it sounds happy-crappy with the house. I hope the boards come in and your contractor gets a reasonably reliable babysitter! So proud of you on your baby steps back to a healthier routine. I know you can do this!

@ilive2walk love the pics of King Monty. ๐Ÿ˜€ And happy birthday to Greg!! Glad he's handy and can do things like car repairs and home repairs for Allyson. I'm sure sorry about that knee. Yikes. I hope the gel injection helps!

@ozdeelite I'm sorry you're struggling with the fibro at work! I wish for you relief from the pain, and that you get acclimated to the new clients quickly.
  • deepwoodslady
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 5โ€™ 5โ€ tall, 64 years old and from Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250โ€™s; 240โ€™s; 230โ€™s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180โ€™s; 170's; 160's; 150โ€™s

This Challenge Starting Weight (from Aug 29th): 190.2
    Goal: 186.2 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx
    Total Lost/Gained this month: xxxxx

**********************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME********************

Weight in blue makes me blue because itโ€™s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because itโ€™s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

09/01- DNW -(Trend Weight DNW )-

09/02-192.4-(Trend Weight 191.5)-

09/03-192.0-(Trend Weight 191.6)-

09/04-190.8-(Trend Weight 191.5)-

09/05-190.8-(Trend Weight 191.4)- Weight the same as yesterday, trend weight down a notch. After my haircut I did end up eating off a food truck because I was Starving and I could feel my glucose dropping. It was beef-a-roo truck. I had 3 small chicken strips and some fries where each French fry was so tiny I had to use my bifocals to see them. The food was bland, simplistic and pretty awful. I wonโ€™t be doing THAT again! Glad to see my weight sustained and I sincerely hope it donโ€™t rear its ugly head in the days coming. I did tip-toe around food last night for dinner because of it and made some definite adjustments. This is really all about lifestyle changes and Iโ€™m glad I was able to make adjustments to my dinner and snack schedule to accommodate without too much trouble. Baby steps getting back in the saddle again.

09/06-189.4-(Trend Weight 191.2)- I usually donโ€™t weigh on Fridays as I donโ€™t get enough of a time span between my last night-time snack and my early rising to get my DGS off to school once day per week. Thereโ€™s also the Fosamax and the gulping of water. The normal span between food and morning is usually about 4.5 hours since I stay up very late by (retirement) habit. However, last night I dozed off early and had a 6.5 hours span this morning so I stepped on the scale. It was nice to see a drop. Yesterday stayed level so itโ€™s nice to see progress after a couple of disciplined days in a row. Even though my daughter and DGS are here I hope to link up another good day. Cold, Cloudy and Rain expected today so my roofing crew are fitting in what they can before the rain comes in. This is the kind of gloomy day that would be able to make you want to munch, snack, eat. I wonโ€™t be dictated today!

09/07-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/08-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/09-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/10-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/11-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

SECOND HALF OF THE MONTH

09/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

• jo_casey42
    jo_casey42 Posts: 116 Member
    SW 253
    First goal: Onederland
    UGW: 153

Goals:
    Track everything, consistency over perfection
    10,000 steps a day
    Gym 4x per week
    Drink two tumblers of water per day
    Read 30 mins a day
    One Masterclass episode a day
    Walk pup at least 30 mins a day

September Goal: lose 6 pounds

Sept 1: 230.6
    Sept 2: 230.4
    Sept 3: 230.2
    Sept 4: 230.8 (too much wine last night. weigh in day tomorrow, going to try and be smart today)
    Sept 5: 230.4 (down 1.8 this week yayyyy)
    Sept 6: 230.8
    Sept 7:
    Sept 8:
    Sept 9:
    Sept 10:
    Sept 11:
    Sept 12:
    Sept 13:
    Sept 14:
    Sept 15:
    Sept 16:
    Sept 17:
    Sept 18
    Sept 19:
    Sept 20:
    Sept 21:
    Sept 22:
    Sept 23:
    Sept 24:
    Sept 25:
    Sept 26:
    Sept 27:
    Sept 28:
    Sept 29:
    Sept 30:
  • iLive2Walk
    Didn't have time to read all the posts this morning before we headed out to Allyson's - so catching up now:

@jm216 Looks like you had a wonderful time. Love the pictures. I turned on your pick me while reading and posting! ๐Ÿ˜‰

@cattherien So glad that Alan talked to the cardiologist and is getting the heart watch and monitor. Hope he wears it (my hubby's watch sits on the counter) LOL! We are going to see the movie next week for Greg's birthday. We were going to see it this week, but the critics gave it bad reviews so decided to wait for it to come out on DVD. Then the "real" people gave it great reviews so changed out minds.

@jo_casey42 Fantastic week for you!

@deepwoodslady Sorry you didn't get your boards, but glad the roofers are busy! It will all be worth it when you are done. Glad you weighed in anyway - a beautiful surprise!
  • ozdeelite
    ozdeelite Posts: 370 Member
    Taking a few days off of weigh ins and relaxation at my mums.

September weigh in.

Start weight:
    110.5kg = 243lb

Goal weight: 107kg

1. 110.5kg ๐Ÿด2909๐Ÿ”ฅ2113๐Ÿ‘ฃ 2732
    2. 110kg โฌ‡๏ธ ๐Ÿด1643๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ’ช61 minutes walking
    3. 110.6kg โฌ†๏ธ๐Ÿด1876๐Ÿ”ฅ2274๐Ÿ‘ฃ3778
    4. 110.4kg โฌ‡๏ธ ๐Ÿด2006 ๐Ÿ”ฅ2625 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 6968
    5. 110.4kg ๐Ÿด2317๐Ÿ”ฅ2239๐Ÿ‘ฃ3873
    6. No weigh in ๐Ÿด2561๐Ÿ”ฅ2451 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 4945
    7. 110.2kg โฌ‡๏ธ ๐Ÿด๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ’ช

• koeitjiesa
    koeitjiesa Posts: 355 Member
    Hi all. I'm back for September. And it's the start of spring this side of the world. So feeling super motivated.

I'm very proud of my journey so far. I'm looking forward to continuing my healthier lifestyle with you all.

My starting weight in April: 94.2kg
    My current weight: 79.1kg
    My goal weight for September: 76kg

September 1 - 79.1kg
    September 2 - 79.2kg
    September 3 - 79.2kg
    September 4 - 79.0kg
    September 5 - 79.0kg
    September 6 - 79.4kg
    September 7 - 79.0kg
    September 8 -
    September 9 -
    September 10 -
    September 11 -
    September 12 -
    September 13 -
    September 14 -
    September 15 -
    September 16 -
    September 17 -
  • iLive2Walk
    edited September 7
    Hi I'm Darlene and have been with this group for a while - it was the first "challenge" I joined on MFP, so holds a special place in my heart. I am 64, married, (Greg - 37 years), one adult daughter (Allyson), one pup - Monty the Goldendoodle. I retired in 2020.

๐Ÿ‚ ๐ŸŽ Hello September ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‚

Starting Weight 228

SW Dec: 228 | Jan: 217 | Feb: 212 | Mar: 207.6 | Apr 200.2 | May 194.8 | Jun: 189.6 | Jul: 187.4 | Aug: 179.8 | Sep: 174.2 | Oct: 169.6 | Nov 164.6 | Dec 164 | Jan 159.8 | Feb 156.8 | Mar 152.8 | Apr 151.6 | May 149.6 | Jun 145 | Jul 143.5 | Aug 142.4

My September Goals

๐Ÿ‘ฃ Average 12k Steps per day
    ๐Ÿ“ Log Daily
    ๐Ÿฅ— Stay under my calorie range
    ๐Ÿ’ช Strength Train 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿซ€ Cardio 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿฆต PT Knee Stretch and Strength 3 days per week
    ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ 1Rest day - stretch routine
    ๐Ÿ’ฆ 8+ glasses of water
    ๐Ÿง‚Stay under sodium goal
    โš–๏ธ Get to the ideal bmi range - just 2.5 pounds to go[/quote]

๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚

For the new people I write a reflection on how my prior month's weight loss journey went. Here is mine from August for anyone that cares to read.

August Reflection

The highly anticipated terrible August came and as expected was kind of a wash. I had a wonderful time โ€“ but it is now time to get at it. Here is the good, the bad, and the ugly truth.

First and foremost, I lost 1.1 pounds this month. My steady shrinking is still in play โ€“ I have lost every month since I started this weight loss journey. That being said, I made it by the skin of my teeth My birthday, girls trips, and anniversary all happened this month. Phew!

Exercise was better this month. I got the green light to start unseated exercise again in August and gradually increased my steps to an average of about 12-14K steps per day.

I reached the 1,700-mile marker on my quest to walk 2,024 miles in 2024, logging about 200 miles this month, as we speak am at 1,720 miles. My tracker says that I hit my goal in Mid-October. My second goal of hitting 2,024 intentional miles is coming along โ€“ currently at 1,337 miles, 66% of the goal. Itโ€™s just shy of where I should be (67%), but if my body holds up โ€“ I can do it.

I am more determined than ever to get this done, and I hope that September will get me to the ideal BMI range (just 2.5 pounds to go). Then as I mentioned last month, will see where I end up as my goal weight when I get there - 100-pound loss or January 8, 2025 (my two-year starting date) whichever comes first.

My before and after pictures for August - not the best pictures - but didn't take too many in August.

kd1o1lhxc3hu.png

My Goals for September:
    • Get to ideal BMI Range (140 pounds)
    • Alternate Cardio and Strength
    • Average 14K Steps per day
    • Continue Physical Therapy Knee exercise โ€“ every other day
    • Make up miles for intentional 2,024 in 2024 to ensure that I make it

๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ•›๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚

Sep 1- 142.5 ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚I had a set back with my knee yesterday. Switched my strength exercise to a seated one, and couldn't get on the treadmill without pain - so was below my step goal. Iced and went to bed early - feel better this morning but will take it easy today - going to call it my rest day! Did my budget and my reflection (both not pretty this month).

Sep 2 - 142 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚Knee is feeling much better, iced whenever I was sitting on my bottom in front of the tube! Got my intended exercise done, a little bit of cleaning done. A productive day.

Sep 3 - 142 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚Beautiful day in CT. Got in our normal AM walk, then cleaned out the front garden. I weeded out the front flowerbed, getting ready to plant some fall mums. Picked some basil and made some tomato/basil sauce - it was just ok. Next time, add some more spice. Then it was bingo night with mom. I didn't win, but won the half time trivia contest and the door prize - I'm rich $20 (I spend $30). LOL! Mom was in a grouchy mood - her hip is bothering her AND she didn't win. โ˜น๏ธ

Sep 4 - 143.1 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚ Let's just say I did to myself and I'm not proud about it. It was one of those can't sleep days, and binged while I was up. I know it's temporary if I can turn it around today. I am not going down this road again where I get close and then sabatoge myself.

Sep 5 - 143 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚Another night of no sleep, didn't binge - but did eat late. I justified it because I had calories left in my day - so today adding another tracker to my list - eat within my eight hour window. I have an orthopedic appointment for me knee today, hoping another shot will help with the soreness.

Sep 6 - 142.5 ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ•›๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚Orthopedic appointment well ok. Dr is submitting a request to insurance for a gel injection. It is supposed to last about 6 months. We talked about another cortizone shot, but she thought this might be a better for me. We discussed surgery again for the meniscus tear - but she doesn't think that is the best solution at this time - the repair could make the arthritis pain worse. Also talked about just using over the counter ibuprofen - but I don't like that option. Allyson's diswasher wouldn't drain, so we went to her place after the appointment - the motor is shot. Picking up a new one and installing today. Then tonight Allyson is coming for the weekend - celebrating Greg's birthday - dinner tonight and we are going to see a play tomorrow. I'll try to stick to the plan!

[Sep 7 - 142.5[/b] ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ•›๐Ÿซ€๐Ÿฆต๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿง‚Happy with that number. We ordered in for dinner in - asian. Did well, ate 1/2 my entre - some endamame, and a spring roll and then a Yogurt Sundae (greek yogurt with mixed fruit, whipped cream, and some granola on top) for dessert. I tracked as good as I could and with my light BF and Lunch came under! I'm out again today - going out to lunch before we go to the play - checked out the restaurant and know what I am going to order - Arugula and Beet salad with goat cheese. Expect a rise tomorrow from the two days out - fingers crossed it won't happen.

@ozdeelite Have a wonderful time with Mom - see you when you get back!
  • cattherien
    August 31 ending weight: 182.7
    September 1 beginning weight: 182.7
    September weight goal: 180

๐Ÿฅ›= I met my water goal
    โœ๏ธ= I logged all my food
    ๐Ÿง‚= I stayed under my sodium limit
    ๐Ÿงฎ= I stayed under my calorie limit
    ๐Ÿฅ= Disc golf (golf, but with a Frisbee)
    ๐Ÿšถ= Steps (number)
    ๐Ÿ‹๏ธ= Exercise (stretch/strength/cardio)
    ๐Ÿ“š= I read for at least 30 minutes

Sep 1: 182.7 โœ๏ธ๐Ÿšถ(4398)
    Sep 2: 182.3 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿงฎ๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿšถ(2154)
    Sep 3: 182.7 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ‹๏ธ๐Ÿšถ(5433)
    Sep 4: 182.9 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿšถ(6746)
    Sep 5: 183.2 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿšถ(3655)
    Sep 6: 182.7 โœ๏ธ๐Ÿง‚๐Ÿฅ(4343) ๐Ÿšถ(3322)
    Sep 7: 184.2 ๐Ÿฅ›โœ๏ธ๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿšถ(3450)

Phooey. I did well last night... until I saw a salty snack right at hand. I didn't listen to myself when I said no.

With upping my vitamin D, I don't feel as sleepy after work, so I'm not taking a nap to reset my emotional state. I'd slipped back to stress eating. So today, I plan to use my emotional intelligence. I will sit down with a cup of tea and my journal, right after work, and name those feelings.

Something positive this week: I had been thinking of cutting my hair again... ๐Ÿซฃ (Insert the Bit from the first Tron movie, saying no-no-no-no). I had seen some photos of me when I had side-swept bangs, and it does look cute on me. But there's a maintenance commitment that I just don't want to make. So instead, I bought some clip-on bangs on Amazon. I was surprised at how natural they look! The color is slightly lighter than my own hair in sunlight, so when I dye my hair, I'll also dye these bangs, since they're human hair. But this more than satisfied the itch to hit the salon.

@deepwoodslady hooray getting a number below 190!๐ŸŽ‰

@ilive2walk yes, I hear you about Greg's watch! I am concerned the same will happen. About movies, we've learned to ignore the critics because sometimes they just initially dogged a movie but then it becomes a cult classic (Mystery Men; Galaxy Quest).

@ozdeelite have fun at your mum's!
  • jm216
    edited September 7
    Hi! Iโ€™m Jill and I absolutely โค๏ธ this group of like-minded friends. If youโ€™re here, then youโ€™re our friend!

Welcome to ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ‚September๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿƒ!
    Fall is my favorite season. I live in Michigan, and I love the chilly mornings and evenings.โ˜•๏ธ I love the sunny days and love watching the trees change colors ๐ŸŒณ ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿโ€ฆ and the smell of fall. I donโ€™t even mind the rainy days.

My goals this September are to:
    ๐ŸƒGet outside and ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธor ๐Ÿšด
    ๐ŸƒEnjoy the season
    ๐ŸƒLog daily
    ๐Ÿƒ15 minutes of intentional exercise each day

September 1: 213
    September 2: 213
    September 3: 212
    September 4: 212.8
    September 5: 212.8
    September 6: 213
    September 7: 212.8