Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

🍃🍂September Daily Weigh-in and Logging Challenge🍂🍃

jm216
jm216 Posts: 3,901 Member
Happy September! Fall is just around the corner, and fall is my absolute favorite season! Whether you’re just starting with this group, or you’ve been here for a while, we’re so glad you’re here on this journey with us. 🍃🍂

This year we’ve added a year-long challenge as well: ❤️⭐️2024 Weekly weigh-in Challenge⭐️❤️

We thought it would be fun to have a place to go for the entire year as well, so make sure you bookmark both of these threads so you can easily find them.

This year is about you setting your personal goals and how you’d like to achieve them and having friends to cheer you on!

We’re so glad you’re here! 🍃🍂 Get the pumpkin spice ready…

Jill and the gang 🥰

Replies

• jm216
    Welcome Jazz! I'm so excited too!
    You are just going to love this wonderful group of supportive people. I've been on My Fitness Pal for years...and I've had the most success when I log and weigh in daily. Exercise just helps whole process too and is so good for your mental health.

I am also an outdoor person... I love to cut the grass, trim the bushes...attempt weeding...play in the yard.

Welcome to the team!!

Jill :)<3
  • Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 150 Member
    jm216 wrote: »
    Exercise just helps whole process too and is so good for your mental health.

Thanks for the welcome Jill, from past experience, I totally agree. I've no excuses but allowing myself the time. And yet, once I establish the habit, mentally it has felt good in the past. Appreciate the reminder.

Being an outdoor person, I too "play in the yard". Chuckled at your "attempt weeding"

• cattherien
    cattherien Posts: 323 Member
    Hey Jill, and welcome, Jazz! Great to see you here, hope you'll like this group. We're friendly, supportive, and sharing.
  • cinw1501
    cinw1501 Posts: 74 Member
    Hi everyone! I am excited for September. @Jazz_2014 this is a great group. I joined in July and everyone is very supportive of each other. Not sure I will get to post again until the 9th. I'm not sure I will be able to figure out how to post from the app while I'm out of town. I am a little tech challenged. :smiley:
  • jm216
    @cinw1501 I do most of my posting from my phone with the MFP app. Weighing in from out of town may be a challenge, but don't worry about it...
  • ozdeelite
    ozdeelite Posts: 370 Member
    Hello everyone. Some great posts already! @cattherien love the nails. Welcome @Jazz_2014 @iLive2Walk love the comment about peel refresh and start again. @jm216 glad to have this group.

So I’ve picked up old and bad eating habits but as it is spring her in Australia it’s time for new things - flowers blossoming , birds hatching 🐣 and new habits.

September weigh in.

Start weight:
    110.5kg = 243lb

Goal weight: 107kg

1. 110.5kg
  • koeitjiesa
    koeitjiesa Posts: 355 Member
    Hi all. I'm back for September. And it's the start of spring this side of the world. So feeling super motivated.

I'm very proud of my journey so far. I'm looking forward to continuing my healthier lifestyle with you all.

My starting weight in April: 94.2kg
    My current weight: 79.1kg
    My goal weight for September: 76kg

September 1 - 79.1kg
    September 2 -
    September 3 -
    September 4 -
    September 5 -
    September 6 -
    September 7 -
    September 8 -
    September 9 -
    September 10 -
    September 11 -
    September 12 -
    September 13 -
    September 14 -
    September 15 -
    September 16 -
    September 17 -
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hi I'm Darlene and have been with this group for a while - it was the first "challenge" I joined on MFP, so holds a special place in my heart. I am 64, married, (Greg - 37 years), one adult daughter (Allyson), one pup - Monty the Goldendoodle. I retired in 2020.

🍂 🍎 Hello September 🍎🍂

Starting Weight 228

SW Dec: 228 | Jan: 217 | Feb: 212 | Mar: 207.6 | Apr 200.2 | May 194.8 | Jun: 189.6 | Jul: 187.4 | Aug: 179.8 | Sep: 174.2 | Oct: 169.6 | Nov 164.6 | Dec 164 | Jan 159.8 | Feb 156.8 | Mar 152.8 | Apr 151.6 | May 149.6 | Jun 145 | Jul 143.5 | Aug 142.4

My September Goals

👣 Average 12k Steps per day
    📝 Log Daily
    🥗 Stay under my calorie range
    💪 Strength Train 3 days per week
    🫀 Cardio 3 days per week
    🦵 PT Knee Stretch and Strength 3 days per week
    🧘‍♀️ 1Rest day - stretch routine
    💦 8+ glasses of water
    🧂Stay under sodium goal
    ⚖️ Get to the ideal bmi range - just 2.5 pounds to go[/quote]

👣📝🥗💪🫀🦵🧘‍♀️💦🧂

For the new people I write a reflection on how my prior month's weight loss journey went. Here is mine from August for anyone that cares to read.

August Reflection

The highly anticipated terrible August came and as expected was kind of a wash. I had a wonderful time – but it is now time to get at it. Here is the good, the bad, and the ugly truth.

First and foremost, I lost 1.1 pounds this month. My steady shrinking is still in play – I have lost every month since I started this weight loss journey. That being said, I made it by the skin of my teeth My birthday, girls trips, and anniversary all happened this month. Phew!

Exercise was better this month. I got the green light to start unseated exercise again in August and gradually increased my steps to an average of about 12-14K steps per day.

I reached the 1,700-mile marker on my quest to walk 2,024 miles in 2024, logging about 200 miles this month, as we speak am at 1,720 miles. My tracker says that I hit my goal in Mid-October. My second goal of hitting 2,024 intentional miles is coming along – currently at 1,337 miles, 66% of the goal. It’s just shy of where I should be (67%), but if my body holds up – I can do it.

I am more determined than ever to get this done, and I hope that September will get me to the ideal BMI range (just 2.5 pounds to go). Then as I mentioned last month, will see where I end up as my goal weight when I get there - 100-pound loss or January 8, 2025 (my two-year starting date) whichever comes first.

My before and after pictures for August - not the best pictures - but didn't take too many in August.

kd1o1lhxc3hu.png

My Goals for September:
    • Get to ideal BMI Range (140 pounds)
    • Alternate Cardio and Strength
    • Average 14K Steps per day
    • Continue Physical Therapy Knee exercise – every other day
    • Make up miles for intentional 2,024 in 2024 to ensure that I make it

September 1 142.5 📝🥗💪🦵💦🧂I had a set back with my knee yesterday. Switched my strength exercise to a seated one, and couldn't get on the treadmill without pain - so was below my step goal. Iced and went to bed early - feel better this morning but will take it easy today - going to call it my rest day! Did my budget and my reflection (both not pretty this month).

Thank you @jm216 for setting us up again!

Welcome back everyone and welcome to our newcomers @jazz_2014 and @travelgoddess365 (so far)!

@jm216 Thank you again for setting us up for September! 💗
    @jazz_2014 I walk every day - love using youtube for my other exercise routines - here are some of my favorite channels:

https://www.youtube.com/@SeniorShapeFitness
    https://www.youtube.com/@yes2next
    https://www.youtube.com/@PaulEugene
    https://www.youtube.com/@silversneakers
    https://www.youtube.com/@HASfit
    https://www.youtube.com/@ImprovedHealth
    https://www.youtube.com/@RickBhullarFitness
    https://www.youtube.com/@LeslieSansonesWalkatHome

@cinw1501 Have a wonderful time at Disney! So jealous.
    @cattherien Love the nails - very pretty. My are short and chewed off! By the way the meal worms yesterday certainly made me chuckle. Such a personality on that one!
    @ozdeelite I agree, spring and fall both time for new things - I have a feeling September is going to be your month.
    @travelgoddess365 Wow, 220 pounds. I am so looking forward to hearing your story.
    @koeitjiesa Woo Hoo - just noticed under that big swish!
  • cattherien
    A bit about me for the newcomer: I've gained and lost the same 30 pounds over and over, for the last 32 years. I've been on MFP since 2012, but logged inconsistently for most of that, until about 4 years ago. Like Darlene, this is my first group. I appreciate the daily weigh-in, and I'm so grateful to Jill for posting this group month after month! I think I've been here for...4 or 5 months? More ? I can't remember when I started, but it hasn't been that long. Darlene also invited us to try her other groups, and I'm doing that for the first time. I'm grateful to everyone here for sharing their ups and downs, sharing about their day, their families, etc. Most of our kids and grandkids live local, but some are in Missouri, and some in Nebraska. We see them about 2-3x a year.

I'm Charlene, 59yo, 5'8", married 40 years to Allen, 6 kids, 9 grandkids, work as a caregiver for the elderly so they can stay in their homes. I live in Central Illinois, I love summer and hate winter. I'm creative, curious, and chatty. I have a lot of food allergies, so I don't follow any certain eating plan.

August 31 ending weight: 182.7
    September 1 beginning weight: 182.7
    September weight goal: 180

🥛= I met my water goal
    ✍️= I logged all my food
    🧂= I stayed under my sodium limit
    🧮= I stayed under my calorie limit
    🥏= Disc golf (golf, but with a Frisbee)
    🚶= Steps (number)
    🏋️= Exercise
    📚= I read at least 30 minutes

Sep 1: 182.7 ✍️🚶(4398)

Yesterday, I just mostly rested. I did my nails (you might've seen the picture I posted yesterday), listened to some podcasts, watched some TV/YouTube, and washed the dishes. Allen had a long work day, and I just enjoyed the quiet day all to myself without having to talk to anyone or meet anyone's needs. I didn't cook, which meant eating whatever I found in the house that could go in the microwave or air fryer, and I allowed myself to go over on calories and salt. I didn't quite meet my water goal either, but I was close. Oh, I remember now, I did cook - I made a gluten free, dairy free grilled cheese sandwich while I was doing the dishes. Hey it might sound gross, but gluten free bread and dairy free cheeses have come a really long way in the past 10 or so years!

Today is church, and then I need to knuckle down and get some continuing education classes done for work. I likely will try to do some of those while I'm on the treadmill, if I can prop my laptop on it. We might go out to dinner tonight with our oldest son and his family. Whether I do go depends on how much of this training I can get knocked out.
  • cattherien
    edited September 1
    @cinw1501 - ditto what Jill said, I also almost exclusively post from my phone. So even if you can't weigh in, you can always pop in and tell us how you're doing! DNW days still count. 😉😉

@ozdeelite - hello, spring for you! 🌸 I hope it motivates you, and once you kinda get that new job groove under your belt, you'll be back to your healthy habits. ❤️👍

@travelgoddess - welcome welcome! I hope you like it here!

@koeitjesa - welcome back and happy spring! 🌸 You're so close! And your journey has been inspiring!🎉👍

@ilove2walk- well phooey about your knee. Smart to have a rest day today. Thanks for posting those YouTube links - you're always such a great resource. ❤️ And yep, I'm married to a character, alright! 🤦😂
  • Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 150 Member
    @iLive2Walk thank you for the YT suggestions, I will definitely take a look. I walk (truth be told I stroll) at least 3x/day) to give my German Shepherd outlet for her energy. She runs, I pitch a toy. This might be a good way to incorporate, and I pick my pace up.
  • melstevens12345
    melstevens12345 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m excited it’s September and a new month.. a reason to be motivated and a goal to focus on.. I will log, drink water and weigh and break through this plateau I’m on. Very slow but consistent weight loss over the last four months. My name is Melissa, I’m 52. I’m a nurse and I’ve hit menopause but I’m not gonna let it slow me down:) Happy September to all!
  • jo_casey42
    jo_casey42 Posts: 116 Member
    SW 253
    First goal: Onederland
    UGW: 153

Goals:
    Track everything, consistency over perfection
    10,000 steps a day
    Gym 4x per week
    Drink two tumblers of water per day
    Read 30 mins a day
    One Masterclass episode a day
    Walk pup at least 30 mins a day

September Goal: lose 6 pounds

Sept 1:
    Sept 2:
    Sept 3:
    Sept 4:
    Sept 5:
    Sept 6:
    Sept 7:
    Sept 8:
    Sept 9:
    Sept 10:
    Sept 11:
    Sept 12:
    Sept 13:
    Sept 14:
    Sept 15:
    Sept 16:
    Sept 17:
    Sept 18
    Sept 19:
    Sept 20:
    Sept 21:
    Sept 22:
    Sept 23:
    Sept 24:
    Sept 25:
    Sept 26:
    Sept 27:
    Sept 28:
    Sept 29:
    Sept 30:
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,789 Member
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 5’ 5” tall, 64 years old and from Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

This Challenge Starting Weight (from Aug 29th): 190.2
    Goal: 186.2 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx
    Total Lost/Gained this month: xxxxx

**********************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME********************

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

09/01- My starting weight this month is my last known/posted weight from August 29th. I got my grocery shopping done out of town and eliminated some of the “approved” snacks that were just too tempting. Will there be more eliminated later? Maybe, but it’s a start. I hate how much harder it is to breathe and also maneuver steps into the house with the grocery bags when these extra pounds are on. Incentive! I will likely post a weight tomorrow. Good luck this month my friends. This will be a very challenging month for me with lots of travel including some overnights. I’ll be giving it all I’ve got! Welcome to our new friends that have joined us. It’s wonderful to have you here!

09/02-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/03-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/04-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/05-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/06-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/07-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/08-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/09-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/10-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/11-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

SECOND HALF OF THE MONTH

09/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

09/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

• jm216
    Hello Friends! Let's do this!!

I am in such need of a new month and a fresh restart. The past few months I feel like I've been going through the motions...gaining slowly along the way. I'm sick of it, and I'm totally over it... it's time to recommit to being the best person I can be. My goal is to hit 199 by the beginning of December.

September 1: 213 pounds... Let's GO!
  • jm216
    1a73p8zkhg8f.png