SEPTEMBER 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,343 Member
    @kgirlhart Nice run. Glad the storm stayed away. We are having a lot of rain and storms here, so will probably be doing TM runs the rest of the week.

Sorry your run was not good @tarun_yadavA . I'm sure you are glad you did it once you were done.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,261 Member
    @Laurz9191 I have run some races that are more of the here's your banana variety, but you're right, our races don't tend to be minimalist. I think it's at least partially due to the sheer volume of races available. If you have tons of options, people will pick the one with a cool medal or a beautiful location or a good post race party. It seems almost every race has a gimmick. For my 50 states races I also actively seek out races that are unique and seem to capture something special about the state. It's part of the fun of traveling for them!

Hopefully the sore throat is just taper week stuff and you feel fine tomorrow.
  • WarmJellyfish
    WarmJellyfish Posts: 77 Member
    edited September 25
    My total for the month 137 of 150km goal. Will blow past that by this weekend.
    Now that my big run is over, I'm floating around looking for another challenge.
    What do y'all do after running say, a marathon? Sign up for another one? :D

@martaindale nice you got in a massage. I should do the same.
    @AmunahSki yea I hated it when Garmin decides that my long run is in the middle of the week instead of the weekend like I had specified. It must be programmed to irk us.

• quilteryoyo
    Sounds like a great run @Laurz9191 .

Congrats on your amazing run @AmunahSki ! I wonder if you can google it and find a way to set your long run back to the weekend?

@martaindale Glad your run went well today and recovery from your race was quick.

@WarmJellyfish Great running. Signing up for another race is always a good thing to do. :wink:

• Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 487 Member
    Hi everyone!

This morning, I got in an easy 5km run and some run form drills. It was dark, dreary, and rainy out, with some slug piles. So, just your stereotypical German fall day. I am still feeling good, kids are all back to good health, so I will knock on wood now and say that Sunday is on :). I'm heading to Berlin tomorrow.

@martaindale I forgot that we do have the salami race in December :). No bananas or apples there. But that makes sense that people could be more enticed to sign up if there are cooler snacks. The obstacle course run I ran in last month gives you color coded bracelets depending on how many times you've run it before and there was also gummy bears and tons of activities for kids, so that was a much more fun (but also much more expensive) experience.

251,2/270km for September.
  • quilteryoyo
    Thanks @Scott6255 . We've already had over 5 inches of rain and it's supposed to rain all day today and tonight. It's a lot, but fortunately, it seems to be heavy only in spurts (with easy rain in between), so that it has time to soak in/run off before the next heavy hits.

You must have had work today @tarun_yadavA . Great job getting out there. All is okay, so far. Winds hit tonight, so may have some trees down and power outages. I hope not, but will be prepared.

Welcome @KarinSanden . If you weren't planning on it, I would suggest going to a shoe store that specializes in running that can fit you for the correct shoe. You can still come on here an comment, if you like. Welcome to the group. You'll love it.

@Laurz9191 Glad that you have escaped the crud. Have a safe trip and enjoy your race! Looking forward to hearing all about it. I had forgotten about your salami race. :lol: