I did not know! I did NOT know!

Options

Replies

• mom2zowen
    Options
    1. I did not know that I can feed my children without stealing a bit of food.
    2. I did not know that I can get up at 5am to workout and have energy all day.

Kristen
  • tericamp
    tericamp Posts: 19
    Options
    1 – I didn’t know that I would look forward to my workout days.
    2 – I didn’t know that I would be so awnry when I missed a week’s worth of workouts.
    3 – I didn’t know my husband would beg me to go to my workout class before coming home…
    4 – I didn’t know that finishing a 5k is so cool!
    5 – I didn’t know that helping another person finish a 5k is even better!
    6 – I didn’t know that I would start cringing every time my kids asked to go to McDonalds.
    7 – I didn’t know that fast food in general would make me feel like I was walking knee deep in mud for three days after eating it.
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I did not know:

1. Pretty much anything about nutrition or exercise habits and never thought I'd count calories.
    2. Just how much sodium is in EVERYTHING! Even the stuff you thought would be healthy. :frown:
    3. That this weight loss lifestyle change was the bump I needed to finally start cooking!
    4. That Diet Mt. Dew actually isn't terrible (though I still plan to avoid all others, lol).
    5. That losing weight and changing my dietary lifestyle would have such a huge impact on other parts of my life that have nothing to do with food.
  • twinmom333
    Options
    I did not know about ChaLean or Hip Hop Abs until I signed up on this website and saw your post..
    I did not know about this website until I heard about it on NBC show this morning Hoda and Kathy Lee with a gal losing 100+ pounds.
    I am starting today to use this website to help me lose 50 pounds. Wish me luck!
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    1. I did not know that it was possible for me to eat less and feel good....
    2. I did not know that I was capable to find alternatives to make myself healthier
    3. I did not know that I would actually start feeling so much better just after my 1st 20 lbs loss.
    4. I did not know that wheat and grain bread was actually better tasting than white bread
    5. I did not know that I could still have a snack and chocolate without eating alot of calories....

There are alot of things I am still learning and still do not know as of now; however, what i have learned to this point is awesome....
  • jac2lyn
    jac2lyn Posts: 90
    Options
    This is very inspirational and I am so happy for everyone that has found their "I didn't knows"

I didnt know:
    1. that I would look so forward to bootcamp twice a week and be depressed when I didnt go
    2. that my husband would notice my weight loss after only 7 lbs.
    3. that working out each morning would actually give me more self confidence
    4. that I would ever in a million years CRAVE SALAD and LOVE eating it!!!!
    5. that I would actually not feel the need to eat dessert every night.
    6. that a dinner of chicken or fish and veggies could me me content.

Wow!! I even thought of more but I will stick with 6... Amazing post...
  • sherryar
    sherryar Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats....I just found this site today and I hope I am able to share a story like that in the future!
  • ATJune
    ATJune Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    very inspiring!! I hope I have somethin to share soon too:)
  • jesse14472
    jesse14472 Posts: 161
    Options
    Love all the posts...very inspirational! Just started my 2nd week, but:

1) I didn't know that if I worked out in the morning, that I wouldn't crash and need a nap at 3:00 p.m.

Hope to add more!
  • fowlmeli1093
    Options
    I did not know that the first two weeks of starting a new lifestyle change are, by far, the hardest!

I did not know that you feel so much better when you don't stuff yourself full of food every ten minutes!!
  • kdolce15
    kdolce15 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1. I didn't know I'd ever find a protein shake I ENJOY drinking.
    2. I didn't know I'd ever actually sign up for a race.
    3. I didn't know I could be so knowledgable and confident about my weight loss.
    4. I didn't know I could lose 20 lbs doing something I LOVE!
    5. I didn't know I could fall in love with food and cooking all over again...and that food be healthy.

What's the shake....I only like slim fast but I know it's not the best for me.
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    1. I didn't know I'd ever find a protein shake I ENJOY drinking.
    2. I didn't know I'd ever actually sign up for a race.
    3. I didn't know I could be so knowledgable and confident about my weight loss.
    4. I didn't know I could lose 20 lbs doing something I LOVE!
    5. I didn't know I could fall in love with food and cooking all over again...and that food be healthy.

What's the shake....I only like slim fast but I know it's not the best for me.

I don't know about them but I use BSN Syntha-6 shakes and they taste pretty good. My husband tried a bunch of different shakes from GNC and this is the only one he said doesn't taste like crap. BSN also makes a dessert shake but I've never tried it.
  • sarajanette
    Options
    I did not know a lot of the things everyone shared.....thank you....

I did not know that I need to limit shellfish...

I did not know that there are alternatives to whole milk.....

I did not know that I can make time for myself.......

I did not know that I need to think twice about some of the sweets I eat, including fruit!

I am still in the I don't know stage.....
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    * I did not know how much I would need a morning walk and evening bike ride to give me a burst of energy, rather then a monster.
    * I did not know that losing weight would make my shoe size shrink too.
    * I did not know that low-fat cottage cheese could be sooooo yummy with some fruit mixed in.
    * I did not know replacing soy milk could be sooo yummy in my Bran Flakes.
    * I did not know that drinking water could be sooooo thirst quenching....not until joining mfp, I use to hate drinking water but have learned that it makes me feel so good and actually quenches my thirst rather then making my thirstier like other sugary drinks
    OKAY I KNOW THIS IS MORE THEN 5...I COULD GO ON ALL DAY BUT MY FAVORITE IS
    *I did not know how generally good, just all around good getting my heart rate up and working out, sweating being out of breath and sore the next day...I had no idea how GOOD that would feel. I would rather be sore and know I got a killer workout, thn not workout at all, it makes me feel so so good and full of energy!!!

GREAT POST:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I did not know that a bowl of sweet summer fruit can taste BETTER than that lard laden cupcake! I just did not KNOW!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I did not know about ChaLean or Hip Hop Abs until I signed up on this website and saw your post..
    I did not know about this website until I heard about it on NBC show this morning Hoda and Kathy Lee with a gal losing 100+ pounds.
    I am starting today to use this website to help me lose 50 pounds. Wish me luck!

Yea Tamara! and Welcome to you!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I did not know that a community of people I will likely never touch or hug, could comfort and embrace me each and every day. Keeping me from eating the dreaded cookie.........reminding me I can do this.

Oh and I did not know that logging your food every day would help you maintain those lofty goals you accomplish

I just did not know!
  • wingshadow
    Options
    how did you lose the sweet tooth crave I lost 53lbs on Atkins and have gained 30 lb back (why I'm here)
  • dlrcpa
    dlrcpa Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I did not know:
    1. My face would look thinner after losing just a few pounds.
    2. I would actually every buy a pool pass again and like the way I looked in a tank suit.
    3. I should not have let out the waist on 3 pairs of pants 6 months ago so I could wear them again. This weekend's project is taking the waists IN again. DOH!!
    4. The guy I work with would be impressed with my biceps and shoulder muscles. He is teaching me arm-wrestling technique.
    5. That calorie-burning and strength training exercise does not require fancy equipment or a gym. Light hand weights, jump rope, stretchy bands, yoga, library books and DVDs, and walking the dog have all been enough to keep me more than occupied.
  • trejon
    trejon Posts: 203
    Options
    Been there done that. Those Fad Diets remove weight fast and bring it back faster. I guess I have also learned that this is not a diet it is life change and life skills that we can continue. Cannot imagine only eating meat and cheese the rest of my life.