Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Journey to sustainable and healthy lifestyle and optimal health!

Hello Everyone!

I had let myself become 40 pounds overweight - clinically obese by definition. Now is the time to reverse that! My consciousness of this journey began 5 weeks ago— but I need further support that is healthy and affordable. (I can neither afford nor do I want to use the shots many of my friends and colleagues have been using.). I have heard great things about this app - so here I go - joined today. I am down 10 pounds in the past 5 weeks through the use of a 16/8 intermittent fasting window and being more conscious of what I eat in those 8 hours. I will lose 30 more pounds with the support of this app and most importantly - become healthier and embrace a new lifestyle to maintain. No more diets! No matter what approach you choose - I wish all of you the best in your healthy journey! We got this!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,625 Member
    Hello and welcome!

Congratulations on your success so far: That's great!

I'm 100% with you on the idea that changing eating activity habits (and mindset) is the key thing. Losing weight is good, but staying at a healthy weight long term is the bigger prize. Most people seem to find maintaining loss the hardest part, too. That really depends on finding new, relatively pleasant routine habits (that can run almost on autopilot when other parts of life get challenging, which they will). If 16/8 IF and more conscious eating are doing that for you, that's perfect.

Wishing you continuing great results!
  • trixsterjl31
    trixsterjl31 Posts: 55 Member
    Welcome. Congrats on the progress. You must be really small for 40 lbs to make you obese. That makes 2lbs a week quite impressive.