• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    whatever.
  • JulieAnn1109
    JulieAnn1109 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You mean we have rules? :laugh:

Just kidding.......................love this!! Sounds alot like my story, except I am far from being skinny, still workin on that!
  • msneave
    Options
    8. Some weeks I only weigh myself once, some weeks I will weigh myself 7 times. Sometimes I weigh myself more than once in a single day. It depends on how obsessive I am and wether or not I weighed myself and shortly before I had a good poop. Honestly, you can loose a whole pound just by going to the bathroom somedays.

Great post. Was laughing out loud at #8. But seriously sometimes people need the police. I used to get hassled over at about.com and bellaonline forums about my food cheats but some days I really needed that tough love to get off a weightloss plateau self pity junk food rampage. I think sometimes people post their unhealthy behaviors because they need/want to get a beatdown.

There should be a site just for this called health cheaters anonymous where you can go post your healthy lifestyle sins anonymously like I cheated on my cardio workout with a greasy burrito and a six pack of beer or I skipped my weekly 90 min. of flow yoga and rewarded myself with a venti mocha latte and a pastry. Then a person can get the tough love they need no consequences or hard feelings for anybody involved. :drinker: :sad: :laugh:
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Well done!

I do have to confess that weight loss isn't even my goal.

(*GASP*)

My goal is to still be able to move under my own power when I'm 95 (if I'm around that long).

I will credit MFP for helping me crystallize that goal by helping me fall in love with barbell training and a general idea of what my intake ought to be while at the same time connecting me with some fabulous ladies who are smashing all the prejudices one heavy squat at a time.

I was under the impression that this is MyFitnessPal and not MyWeightLossPal ?

I don't need support to lose weight. I've lost metric craptons of weight over the years and put it back on again because I was focused on the wrong things for the wrong reasons. I need support to get and stay fit, because that's a new thing for me and uncharted territory. But I'm finding my inner fit person now, and she's awesome. :drinker:

I do think people end up talking past each other because in reality they have different goals but assume everyone is here for the same reasons. When that's just not the case.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    It's kind of funny because in this string, I think I can identify the two camps: the supportive people and the snarky condescending people. Too bad the latter don't seem to recognize themselves. It would be nice if they kept to their own forum.

Thank you, OP, for your great post.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    It's kind of funny because in this string, I think I can identify the two camps: the supportive people and the snarky condescending people. Too bad the latter don't seem to recognize themselves. It would be nice if they kept to their own forum.

yup
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,002 Member
    Options

yup

whoa. Are you saying there's a snarky condescending Forum? Nobody tells me anything.

For the record, I don't do anything diet-wise by the rules. I'm not even sure there are rules anymore.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

yup

whoa. Are you saying there's a snarky condescending Forum? Nobody tells me anything.

For the record, I don't do anything diet-wise by the rules. I'm not even sure there are rules anymore.

James-in-Rebel-Without-a-Cause-gif-james-dean-30557222-500-197.gif
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

What makes you think they don't recognize themselves? Snarky and condescending isn't the same as being the MFP police, is it?
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

What makes you think they don't recognize themselves? Snarky and condescending isn't the same as being the MFP police, is it?

I for one found her post telling people to keep their own forum a little snarky and condescending myself. I don't think she realized it though.

And yea, what makes you think I don't realize I'm snarky and condescending?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Anything that isn't sunshine, rainbows and lollipops is the MFP police.

And look, yet another poster with less than 200 total posts complaining about the manner in which people that *actually give advice* give that advice. I wish they start the own forum. It would be polite but only one question would get answered a day. And no matter how bad the plan is, the answer would always be "Yes, it sounds like a great plan to me, go for it!"

At least they would all be there for the same things.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,002 Member
    Options

yup

James-in-Rebel-Without-a-Cause-gif-james-dean-30557222-500-197.gif

he heh. My edit was because my original reply was "I don't do anything by the rules" and I was afraid that would be misconstrued somehow by the victims.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    what! the police on here to...damn damn damn..gotta hide my stash man!
  • StephanieMM2013
    Options
    This is awesome :)
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, at the end of the day when I've eaten all my calories
    and I just can't say no to the pizza (or last nights In n Out)
    I log it on the next day.
    So, no. I did not have In N Out for breakfast. :)
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    looks like we're gonna have to share a cell lol. still don't know what TDEE means.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

I for one found her post telling people to keep their own forum a little snarky and condescending myself. I don't think she realized it though.

And yea, what makes you think I don't realize I'm snarky and condescending?

Can I has some of your ice cream?
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    You did WHAT!?!!???

*hides under table*

*plans next moves*
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Love this :-)
  • doctorsookie