A confession to the MFP Police

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It's kind of funny because in this string, I think I can identify the two camps: the supportive people and the snarky condescending people. Too bad the latter don't seem to recognize themselves. It would be nice if they kept to their own forum.

Thank you, OP, for your great post.

yup

whoa. Are you saying there's a snarky condescending Forum? Nobody tells me anything.

For the record, I don't do anything diet-wise by the rules. I'm not even sure there are rules anymore.

James-in-Rebel-Without-a-Cause-gif-james-dean-30557222-500-197.gif

he heh. My edit was because my original reply was "I don't do anything by the rules" and I was afraid that would be misconstrued somehow by the victims.

Oh, don't read into the gif..lmao. Sorry CMR, I just wanted to post a scene from Rebel Without A Cause gif..hahahaha
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    My bra is too tight.

boobie bully:angry:
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    Hmm. Maybe knowledgeable posters should just stop trying to help. There appears to be a lot of resentment toward their efforts. That's sad.

That's knowledge shaming.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    It's kind of funny because in this string, I think I can identify the two camps: the supportive people and the snarky condescending people. Too bad the latter don't seem to recognize themselves. It would be nice if they kept to their own forum.

What makes you think they don't recognize themselves? Snarky and condescending isn't the same as being the MFP police, is it?

I for one found her post telling people to keep their own forum a little snarky and condescending myself. I don't think she realized it though.

And yea, what makes you think I don't realize I'm snarky and condescending?
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options

What makes you think they don't recognize themselves? Snarky and condescending isn't the same as being the MFP police, is it?

I for one found her post telling people to keep their own forum a little snarky and condescending myself. I don't think she realized it though.

Touché
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    You did WHAT!?!!???

*hides under table*

*plans next moves*

I was wondering when you and your steed were going to arrive.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mkky83gYGL1rxwm7zo1_500.jpg
  • BonTomlinson
    Options
    My thoughts EXACTLY. Possibly my favourite post ever.
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Maybe knowledgeable posters should just stop trying to help. There appears to be a lot of resentment toward their efforts. That's sad.

That's knowledge shaming.

I like that... "knowledge shaming".
    That should be an official term here on MFP.
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    I just want to see the post where someone said "Things are going great and I lost 35 lbs!" and someone said "Well clearly the problem is you gotta weigh your coffee creamer fatty"

Luckily, I have not had this happen to me..... I like to try to find a solution on my own first. So, I read. I read posts on here. I read replies to questions. And I am embarrassed that there are people on here that behave the way that some do. See, if (when) I catch my CHILDREN treating others the way some ADULTS on here treat people, there is hell to pay. So when I see adults doing this to people, it disgusts me. And a lot of the time, the people that are getting bullied are too afraid to stand up for themselves.

afraid of what? someone clicking his/her mouse?
  • tashaboo00
    tashaboo00 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yea ive logged a late night snack the next morning because I was too lazy to log it. Hey all works out in the end
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

Word. That cold, knowing gaze over that fro-yo lipstick. Snark city.
  • Cadori
    Options
    I just want to see the post where someone said "Things are going great and I lost 35 lbs!" and someone said "Well clearly the problem is you gotta weigh your coffee creamer fatty"

Luckily, I have not had this happen to me..... I like to try to find a solution on my own first. So, I read. I read posts on here. I read replies to questions. And I am embarrassed that there are people on here that behave the way that some do. See, if (when) I catch my CHILDREN treating others the way some ADULTS on here treat people, there is hell to pay. So when I see adults doing this to people, it disgusts me. And a lot of the time, the people that are getting bullied are too afraid to stand up for themselves.

I'm an obsessive knitter and mouse click sounds are a trigger. Why you shaming me???? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
  • Cranquistador
    Options

I'm an obsessive knitter and mouse click sounds are a trigger. Why you shaming me???? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

The power button...escape the bullying clickers.
  • Cadori
    Options

The power button...escape the bullying clickers.

ctrl + F4? :brokenheart:
  • lima013
    lima013 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Love this post!
  • Cranquistador
    Options

Maybe you "Knowledgeable Posters" should open your Doctors Office where people can come to you for your professional educated opinion. Where did you receive your MD Degree and License to Practice?

Where did you?

Since you ask, my college degree has nothing to do with the medical field therefore I do not offer any medical type of advice to anyone nor do I ask it of anyone online. I stick to the true professionals (MY DOCTORS).

Are you aware that a doctor is not a dietician and not the best source of nutritional information?

I am aware that, as a patient of the Veterans Administration, when asking my doctor these questions he set me up with the dieticians, physical therapist for a physical evaluation, cardiology, podiatry (due to foot disabilities), orthopedics (due to many other disabilities) and the weight management program. With all of the information obtained as a result of these examinations a plan was developed for me. I can assure you that the idiot MFP Police here who insist YOU HAVE TO INCLUDE RUNNING TO LOSE WEIGHT or YOU HAVE TO INCLUIDE WEIGHT LIFTING TO LOSE WEIGHT are clueless of individual situations and limitations. THAT IS FACT.

art thou incensed?
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    That doesn't make that someone a bully.

You are correct. At least a "bully" has the nerve to say something personally to someone's face. It would make these people cowards instead.
    [/quote]

I have been here for a year and a half...I have not one person on ignore but am very tempted...

YOU make no sense...For all intents and purposes you called yourself a coward as you are also unable to say things to anyone's face here.
  • HarrietSmeltzer1
    HarrietSmeltzer1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have kept 80 lbs off for 10 years and lost 13 on MFP. I never counted my salad dressing, nor my coffee creamer.
    It works for me. Are we bad or whaatttttttt.:frown:
  • 424a57
    424a57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post, we all make mistakes, do stupid things and need help...

I don't think she made any mistakes. The things she did were not stupid. I'm not qualified to say whether she needs help...

Sounds to me like she is living her life on her own terms and has come to understand the reality that ingesting fewer calories than you burn, over time, will ultimately result in weight loss--no matter what form the calories take.

Congratulations.