• suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Boots, skirts, with slits - OH MY
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    sigh this thread again ...

OP you might want to add "no originality" to your thread concerns...

Oh and In...before the "police" lock this thing down..

Nick

dude, ease up on the Propecia... medical evidence suggests that using too much may make you grouchy. 
    :wink:

Oh he's totally right though! :laugh:

I own that!
  • jessjoye
    jessjoye Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I need more of you people to be my friends... love this post!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

It doesn't matter how you deliver it... someone is still going to find a reason to get butthurt.

Because butthurt is their perpetual state of being and they're walking around looking for reasons to justify it.

If your delivery doesn't suck, chalk it up to butthurt and move on. Others observing won't take it that way unless they are also prone to the butthurt. Someone once tried to accuse me of trying to be mean because I disagreed with them, and it was clearly a case of the butthurts.

But if your delivery sucks (and it's only those people that my comments are addressed at), own it or at least accept your butthurt at being told your delivery sucks is your own doing.

My delivery is never unkind. In fact, in serious threads, I'm not even sarcastic. It doesn't matter. People read the words of others in whatever tone they decide to, thus creating the insult where none exists.
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    You mean when I tried to kindly point out to a person on my FL that 3000+ calories a day and an average of 5000ml of sodium a day for an over weight woman is probably too much I was being a bully? No wonder she cursed me out and unfriended me! I shouldn't have said anything and let her keep telling herself that walking around a little bit was enough to compensate. Ill be putting myself in time out now.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

My delivery is never unkind. In fact, in serious threads, I'm not even sarcastic. It doesn't matter. People read the words of others in whatever tone they decide to, thus creating the insult where none exists.

It's true, tone can be misread, but if you are not trying to be unkind, chances are you will be seen as reasonable by the majority. I'd be surprised if anyone (save for the possible few, can't please everyone) considers you a mean person.

I only wrote my response to this part of Mirey's post:
    MAYBE, just MAYBE, the bullies, the meanies and the police, have something to share. Maybe the delivery can suck, maybe it can be hilarious at times... but the value is there...

just please... try to see it before you get mad?

Honestly, only to those whose delivery really does suck, and when someone is trying to be unkind, it's not hard to see the delivery sucks.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

It doesn't matter how you deliver it... someone is still going to find a reason to get butthurt.

Because butthurt is their perpetual state of being and they're walking around looking for reasons to justify it.

If your delivery doesn't suck, chalk it up to butthurt and move on. Others observing won't take it that way unless they are also prone to the butthurt. Someone once tried to accuse me of trying to be mean because I disagreed with them, and it was clearly a case of the butthurts.

But if your delivery sucks (and it's only those people that my comments are addressed at), own it or at least accept your butthurt at being told your delivery sucks is your own doing.

People jump in and get butthurt over things that AREN'T EVEN DIRECTED AT THEM.

"Oh... this conversation and everything in it is about you?" yeah ..not so much.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

"Oh... this conversation and everything in it is about you?" yeah ..not so much.

Ok, so chalk it up to the butthurts. On the other hand, if someone is deliberately unkind and tries to be hurtful to another, I'd expect someone else to take offense and say something. But again, if your delivery doesn't suck, no worries, no problems. Put the people whining on ignore, have a conversation about it, or let the conversation speak for itself to the reasonable ones.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

It's true, tone can be misread, but if you are not trying to be unkind, chances are you will be seen as reasonable by the majority. I'd be surprised if anyone (save for the possible few, can't please everyone) considers you a mean person.

MAYBE, just MAYBE, the bullies, the meanies and the police, have something to share. Maybe the delivery can suck, maybe it can be hilarious at times... but the value is there...

Honestly, only to those whose delivery really does suck, and when someone is trying to be unkind, it's not hard to see the delivery sucks.

oh puh-leeze!

very rarely have i seen genuine meanness and/or poor delivery on this site.

and when i do, it's almost NEVER by the so called "MFP police" (using somebody else's term from this morning).

if somebody is doing something stupid and asking to be supported doing something stupid, they should be told that what they are doing is stupid. and one shouldn't have to candy coat it.... because it's not just directed at them, but everyone else who is reading it who might have also been considering doing something stupid.

here's the truth about this site. the derpers outnumber the non-derpers by a vast amount. the non-derpers are like the Texans at the Alamo. they know they are hopelessly outnumbered and outmanned and that defeat is inevitable, but they still try to help SOME people whenever and wherever they can. in my book, that earns them a long leash with respect to how they deliver their message. a really long leash.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options

It's true. Every time I read something posted by Contrarian, she sounds like Jessica Rabbit in my head. *nods* true story
  • smantha32
    Options

Ok, so chalk it up to the butthurts. On the other hand, if someone is deliberately unkind and tries to be hurtful to another, I'd expect someone else to take offense and say something. But again, if your delivery doesn't suck, no worries, no problems. Put the people whining on ignore, have a conversation about it, or let the conversation speak for itself to the reasonable ones.

I've very rarely seen anyone here being mean on purpose.. and it's usually a troll... and yet we see several "Everyone is mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!" threads, every day.

Yeah there is some sucky delivery going on... mainly by people who get tired of walking on eggshells around people who are offended by everything.

There's a LOT of butthurt going on here. :smile:
  • smantha32
    Options

here's the truth about this site. the derpers outnumber the non-derpers by a vast amount. the non-derpers are like the Texans at the Alamo. they know they are hopelessly outnumbered and outmanned and that defeat is inevitable, but they still try to help SOME people whenever and wherever they can. in my book, that earns them a long leash with respect to how they deliver their message. a really long leash.

LOL!!! Best thing I've read all day. :flowerforyou:
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

oh puh-leeze!

very rarely have i seen genuine meanness and/or poor delivery on this site.

and when i do, it's almost NEVER by the so called "MFP police" (using somebody else's term from this morning).

if somebody is doing something stupid and asking to be supported doing something stupid, they should be told that what they are doing is stupid. and one shouldn't have to candy coat it.... because it's not just directed at them, but everyone else who is reading it who might have also been considering doing something stupid.

And ... those very rare times you speak of (let's not be ridiculous and claim they are as rare as unicorns, it's a public forum) are the ones I refer to. That Mirey referenced in her own post. That sometimes delivery sucks. You may find a long leash warranted if someone's delivery sucks, but I think there's a long leash warranted if someone wants to complain that someone's unkind delivery sucked.

And finally, I don't think the vast majority of people that think they are identified as MFP bullies or police really are seen as such by the vast majority of MFP users. Why care so much what that small minority thinks, particularly when you see them as derpy?
  • Contrarian
    Options

Thank you. I don't disagree that people should be kind. I am just so tired of my intent being misconstrued. :smile:
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

Yeah there is some sucky delivery going on... mainly by people who get tired of walking on eggshells around people who are offended by everything.

And maybe the mean people threads are because the OP's don't feel like walking on eggshells with those tired of walking on eggshells. The common defenses of sucky deliveries are: tired of walking on eggshells, true facts/deal with it, just don't like it that someone didn't tell you what you wanted to hear.

Complaining that people don't like what you have to say or how you say it and think you are rude or mean is the same complaint, different side. I wouldn't think those who self-identify as those being seen as police need everything wrapped up in unicorns and rainbows, right? Because some of the complaints about the people who complain about mean people scream butthurt as much as anything.

(Edited because I realized I misstated)
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Yup. I agree OP. Of course, I'm mean and I eat cats.

eating_a_cat1.jpg
  • Contrarian
    Options

It's true. Every time I read something posted by Contrarian, she sounds like Jessica Rabbit in my head. *nods* true story

That's because I sound exactly like her.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    quote]
    tumblr_mq36h4XPWo1raw1qjo1_500_zpscdf5d0e5.gif
    [/quote]

^^ This.. Oh, I do have a paddle in the trunk. :drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    Thank you. I don't disagree that people should be kind. I am just so tired of my intent being misconstrued. :smile:

I don't blame you. That would get old. It's definitely true that some of the time, someone gets upset because they weren't ready to hear the right answer.
  • smantha32
    Options

And maybe the mean people threads are because the OP's don't feel like walking on eggshells with those tired of walking on eggshells. The common defenses of sucky deliveries are: tired of walking on eggshells, true facts/deal with it, just don't like it that someone didn't tell you what you wanted to hear.

Complaining that people don't like what you have to say or how you say it and think you are rude or mean is the same complaint, different side. I wouldn't think those who self-identify as those being seen as police need everything wrapped up in unicorns and rainbows, right? Because some of the responses here scream butthurt as much as anything.

How do you figure? I haven't seen one butthurt response here.
    I disagree with you, but I'm certainly not offended if that was directed at me. :smile: