Eat Stop Eat..how it's worked for me.

Options

Replies

• shorthand73
    shorthand73 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I found this thread yesterday, and decided to give it a try -- started last night about 7:30. Went through most of this morning feeling great, but got sick after taking my medications. None of them specifically say to take with food, but obviously it doesn't work to take them alone. I could easily change the time of day that I start the fasting, but the 7-7 time is definitely my best option. I could probably also get by with eating just a couple of soda crackers with my meds, but will that completely throw everything off? (I noticed in the online info that it stated NO calories...)
  • shorthand73
    shorthand73 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    So here we are -- almost 22 hours into my first fast. I am looking forward to supper tonight, but am not ravenous. More than anything, I am really proud of myself. :happy: I know that probably sounds dumb, but food/weight has always been such an issue for me. Today, right now, I feel like I've got the upper hand. Being a holiday, I was at home with the family all day. I did not eat the fabulous bbq beef that I made the family for lunch. I did not touch the bowl of candy sitting on the counter. I even made a batch of chocolate chip cookes, and did not even take one single lick from the beaters, eat any of the dough, or any of the cookies. That in and of itself is such a huge accomplishment for me -- I almost don't care if this isn't reflected on the scale!!!
  • makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Still trying and still unsuccessful!!! trying for wednesday night from 7-7pm. Hope to finally make it through!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Interesting.....I'm gonna keep this one in mind if I ever reach a plateau or something. Thanks for sharing.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    AGAIN! I failed to fast. Friday will be my lucky day, esp because my friends want to do happy hour so I have to save up some calories for that. Go

I'm not picking on you, but this mindset isn't healthy, or in your best interests.

What's wrong with having a deficit of calories each day, and exercising? Too stable, safe, recommended?

Why would you all feel the need to do such an extreme method? Your body is meant to digest food. It isn't necessary to "rest" from digestion. Peristalsis doesn't stop because you're behaving like an anorexic. Your heart (for example) doesn't need a rest-why would you think your digestive tract does?

Please understand I am not trying to be rude but we have new members (fewer than 20 posts=newbie) who are being swayed by this.

Folks- check with your doctor before you begin extreme methods such as the ones described here.
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Afraid I have to agree with Lucky, but there again I come with an eating disorder background. Surely, its not about quick fixes but a lifestyle change that you can maintain for the rest of your life.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    So here we are -- almost 22 hours into my first fast. I am looking forward to supper tonight, but am not ravenous. More than anything, I am really proud of myself. :happy: I know that probably sounds dumb, but food/weight has always been such an issue for me. Today, right now, I feel like I've got the upper hand. Being a holiday, I was at home with the family all day. I did not eat the fabulous bbq beef that I made the family for lunch. I did not touch the bowl of candy sitting on the counter. I even made a batch of chocolate chip cookes, and did not even take one single lick from the beaters, eat any of the dough, or any of the cookies. That in and of itself is such a huge accomplishment for me -- I almost don't care if this isn't reflected on the scale!!!

Great job! What I like about the ESE is that on the days I am NOT fasting, I find I have a lot more self-control for those bowls of candy, chocolate chip batter, or whatever else I might be preparing for my kids. And when I do have a little bit of yummy stuff, I can take a bite or two and move on. For me, the first two weeks didn't reflect any weight loss, but like you I felt like I was finally back in control of my life. And I was still getting 1000 to 14000 calories in on those days because I would eat a snack, then a decent dinner, then dessert. No starving feeling after the second time.

I only fast now for 20 hours as I am up at 3 am every morning and just find it more reasonable. So my time ends about 4 p.m. today, just in time dinner with the family. Going on vacation this week so I don't think I'll fast as we will be very active and I try not to do it on days the kids are home.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shellishell
    Options
    bump*
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    how is everyone doing?
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Going along. Didn't do the fast as long as I would have liked yesterday what with traveling in the car. Boredom eating and stomach growling. Probably will skip any other ones til I get back from vacation as I'm too busy enjoying time with the family. Just need to keep my munching under control.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Well started a fast at 5:45 last night. On vacation and eating a lot of "road food", but heading from mountains to the beach, so decided to fast to "reset" myself. Ended with a nice Butterfinger Blizzard. Going to fast until dinnertime tonight which will probably be about 4:30. Fortunately, the fasting will help me with the one thing I have been seriously lacking these past few days, which is water. Clean that old system out. Laying on the beach will help too. :wink: Hope all is going well.

Miss you lots imagymrat!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I agree lulubellwoowoo, ese really helps with water. For some reason though I tried to do it the other day and got really weak. Maybe cause i was sleep deprived or something. I'm going to give it another go next week
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Going to use the fasting on the car ride today as that is a huge downfall for me, snacking while being stuck in a car. Hubby says he will stop as often as I need to pee, but still think I'll have to control my water intake a little bit. Going for 20 hours as we had a late dinner last night, so til 5 pm today, dinnertime, which will get us close to home. Hope you all are doing well.
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I just finished a week long detox and being away for four days for the long weekend so I haven't fasted in over a week. I started last night at 7:00 and will go till tonight after Kickboxing class, which will be around 7:30. I walked to work today too, so that is 30 mins each way then will go right to Kickboxing, so I think that I may just be beat by the end! But I know I'll make it through it, I have corn on the cob awaiting me on the other side, lol!
    I'm glad to see you are all doing well. Ttyl :bigsmile:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Jenn, what kind of detox do you do? I've never been able to do those. Do good on your fast. You can do it!

I had to forego the fasting this day on travel day. Too much going on. Not enough distractions. But I am going to start tonight after dinner and carry it through til dinner tomorrow as I won't have kids to feed and will be extremely distracted catching up on laundry and work.
  • kargreen
    Options
    I am definitely going to try this - TOMORROW in fact. I will only be able to do it once this week because I know I couldn't do it on the weekend.

I like to run... I try to run at least 3 to 5 miles a day. I have also been doing the 30 day shred. If you do it consistantly you will see results. My problem is TIME. I have two kids and work full time so I don't have two or three hours a day to workout. I try to fit the running in on my lunch break and then do the video or some other type of exercise in the evening. I want to lose 10 pounds. I weighed 105 before my son was born and now I can't get below 115. It's driving me nuts.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    My legs are fine - its just my stomach and arms.
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    lulabellewoowoo it's a detox that I got free from U Weight Loss for having a consultation, I just did it for the detox lol I don't need a 'program'. But anyway, Its all natural, theres a bunch of suppliments you take 30 mins before you eat, twice a day for 7 days. You are supposed to lose 5-9 pounds in that time, I haven't seen much, but my TOM is due so I will know for sure next week. So far so good on the fast, as I chew my gum vigorously, lol! I've got to make up for the beers and chocolate I had on the weekend, lol so I have to be good. I"m sure tonight's fast will go better, it's too hard to deal with when travelling for sure. Good luck tomorrow!
  • EzraCCM
    Options
    This interests me... bump :)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Okay, enough messing around. I should have known better than to try and fast on vacation. But now I really need to reset big time. Had a gain of 3 lb while on vacation, which isn't too bad as a lot of that is mostly water retention. So fasting started last night at 9 p.m. and will stop today at 7 p.m. Got my water all set up along with my coffee and teas. Ready, set...GO!!!