"Why are you single?"

Options

Replies

• Renegade706
    Options
    After my divorce i was trying to hard to "Find Happiness" again, getting into relationships that with some thought i would kow wouldnt last. Trying to make something work that wasnt meant too. Now i have learned that the cliche is true, there is a big difference between being alone, and being lonely. I devote myself now to my son, work,being fit, helping others and spending time with family and friends. I have learned its better to wait for the right one, than waste time with wrong ones. :)
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Because I like being alone.
  • Renegade706
    Options
    Because my ex bf couldn't keep it in his pants!
    His Loss!!
  • Pacefit4God
    Options
    I've been told my standards are too high. I really don't think that's the issue though. I'm not looking for anyone who is perfect, just one who's flaws I can live with the REST OF MY LIFE!
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    "It'll take time" is what I've heard so often for so long :/
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    I'm not. BAHAHA SUCKS FOR ALL OF YOU BAHAHAHA
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    Because I like being alone.

seriously, i dont get why people dont understand that. i mean im not a recluse or unabomber, but i do kinda like the idea if i want to sleep in on a weekend i am free to do so. if i want to get up at 6am on the weekend and then nap from 10-4 let me.

downside is i have to do my own laundry and make my own sandwiches and i go through a lot of lotion and socks :/
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Why am I not, is the question!

haha I kid, I kid.. :)
  • farmgirlrrt
    farmgirlrrt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I've been dating myself for awhile and I think I might be the one.
  • Edwin_S
    Edwin_S Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I've been dating myself for awhile and I think I might be the one.

I love this ^^^
  • EvyMetal
    Options
    Because my picker is broke! Long term relationships failed because they were very dysfunctional - my bad - I picked 'em. These days I prefer dating younger men and not trying to find "the one".
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Most adults are single because they refuse to fix the person in the mirror. High standards or picky? Lol, find a better excuse. No one is that wonderful that everyone else has to conform to them.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Because Captain America is imaginary.
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Because being alone is better?

I strongly disagree with that as a married person, though it may be true for you. I don't feel lonely anymore since I got married. I don't have to deal with that pain anymore and it was excruciating. My depression has decreased so much since I got married. I feel comfortable with myself and life. I am happy to be alive. I always have someone to talk to about the things that are important to me. I have someone to focus on me and love me. I have a wonderful son who brings so much joy to my life.

I am not made to be single. Being married, even though my husband and I can fight, has so many benefits.

This need for another is extremely puzzling. I do not experience loneliness and pain associated with loneliness. I am truly a born loner. I feel relaxed, at ease, peaceful, happy and in my zone when I am alone. Other people freak me out. So, being single is perfect. I'm not a relationship person. It would really take an extremely special person to break my bubble. It is definitely possible and I am always open to the idea, but it would take a truly amazing woman.

That's exactly how I felt for many years before meeting my husband. I was truly, honestly 100% happy being single and content with the fact that was how it was likely to be for the rest of my life. Which is why it now blows my mind how attached I am to another human being, lol! But yeah, I was never lonely when I was single, or looking for someone.

QFT - me too. Loved being single - wasn't looking, happy. Met my husband and well, it's a new level of happiness :D
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Because I like being single. Your relationships last exactly as long as they work for both partners, and you always have your own space, your own life, your own free time, etc.
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    What?????
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options

At least Batman is real.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member