"Why are you single?"

Options

Replies

• oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    i'm single because the only men i attract are married or schmucks.
  • whatshouldieat
    whatshouldieat Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Because there is no bennefit in being married in today's society.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Because there is no bennefit in being married in today's society.

Never mind marriage!!
    There really isn't unless your religion makes it beneficial I guess. People can be committed to each other without a document saying they are legally and financially doomed.......I mean tied together. But maybe that's the pessimist in me talking.
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm single 'cause every guy that hits on me is a cheater, or a *kitten*. Or only after sex. No thanks buddy, get the hell out of here.
    Or they turn into complete stalker weirdos.. I do not understand it.
  • _DrDustin_
    Options
    Coz women say I fear commitment
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Because I'm bad at hitting on women...
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I have no idea. I could start being all analytic and pull myself apart, I do have a crazy personality, think a little bit New Girl and I kind of short circuit around guys I am attracted to. But honestly I know I am a catch. I am beautiful, fun, I have tattoos, I love to laugh. Beats me! It seems the only guys that seem to have the guts to ask me out are nerdy creeper types. LOL
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Because I am not willing to settle, and I haven't met the right girl just yet.

It's not 100% the absolute honest answer, but it's very close :)
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    busy with watching walking dead :D
  • KD454
    KD454 Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    single is just a state of mind.....I'm never alone....muhahahaha
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    because she has yet to discover the spy cam in her shower and understand how much i care for her wellbeing:love::heart:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    When I was single (I've only been married 4 years and I am 41 so I was single for a while) the answer was this...

I am picky and I intimidate most men in my small rural community.

In my area "men" wanted to be "needed" and I didn't need a man in my life to make it complete.

Great career, new car, my own money, bought a house on my own, great friends, large blahhed up family that I love dearly and my teenage son. I mowed my own lawn, tended my own garden, shovelled my own driveway etc. and to top it all off I made more money then most of them...that was usually the straw that broke the camels back...not that I told them that but they could tell as my car was newer and I had a house.

I didn't need a man in my life...and men in my area couldn't deal.

Then I found one who wasn't intimidated by all that...he was a decade younger and he's perfect for me.

It's been great...
  • xoxosuv
    Options
    i'm just waiting for the right person to come along...
  • Abrowe313
    Abrowe313 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    really just don't believe in love anymore
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    Because we have been conditioned to believe that love and romance is just like it is in the movies.......I'm an old fashioned hopeless romantic....
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Dont believe in relationships... people are only out to benefit themselves... when something isnt benefiting them anymore they take off.
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    When I was single (I've only been married 4 years and I am 41 so I was single for a while) the answer was this...

I am picky and I intimidate most men in my small rural community.

In my area "men" wanted to be "needed" and I didn't need a man in my life to make it complete.

Great career, new car, my own money, bought a house on my own, great friends, large blahhed up family that I love dearly and my teenage son. I mowed my own lawn, tended my own garden, shovelled my own driveway etc. and to top it all off I made more money then most of them...that was usually the straw that broke the camels back...not that I told them that but they could tell as my car was newer and I had a house.

I didn't need a man in my life...and men in my area couldn't deal.

Then I found one who wasn't intimidated by all that...he was a decade younger and he's perfect for me.

It's been great...

Ha Ha i can relate to this BIG time
  • missyj1115
    missyj1115 Posts: 1,220 Member
    Options
    AFRAID :/

Single mama here guess just concentrating on my son not much time on my hands
    to get out there and meet people. Relationships are messed up either they like you and you don't like them
    or the other way around!! Yeah it get's lonely from time to time but I'd rather be alone and happy than with the wrong
    person and miserable! After the hell my ex put me through I refuse to settle for someone who doesn't think I
    am worthy!

i want someone who wants to fall asleep with me not just sleep with me, who wants to wake up in each others arms
    not just leave in the middle of the night, who would share a cup of coffee watching the sunrise and a bottle of wine watching
    the sunset!! My emotions on this are very genuine to love and be loved is one of life's greatest gifts! I see old people holding
    hands and imagine what made it last, yet I see old people who can barely look at each other and think the very same thing!

I don't believe in soul mates or that there is that 1 person out there ment for you but no matter how afraid I am of never finding it
    I have hope that somewhere it is still out there...somewhere just not here... just not yet!!!