How often do you look at your friends/co-worker's feet?

Options

Replies

• lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I would notice if they were really gross (fungus or chipped paint or something) or if they were painted brightly. I wouldn't notice and certainly wouldn't judge if they were unpainted. I like the look of mine with french tips, but don't usually bother. and really.... Who cares what other people think? If they judge you for something like that, then they are extremely shallow and not worth your time anyway!
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Painted toenails unless a french tip looks ugly to me, like why? Are you hiding something!? Im fine with just clear polish and go!
  • HOPEPATRICK74
    HOPEPATRICK74 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I always look at feet, don't know why. I look at shoes, painted nails, deformed feet, I guess I'm just odd. But I get some really good ideas about nail polish color when I look at others jobs!
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I work in an office so I don't wear open toe shoes. I look at my painted or unpainted toes all the time at home. I do notice other peoples feet, but I'm a nail salon person- I get my nails done every 2 weeks since I do interviews and see so many people a day.

If your feet are nice, clean and fungus free your good to go and I really wouldnt care if your toes are done or not.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I do not "comply" and I do not judge others who "comply". I do not think that anyone has to wear polish just because their toes are showing. Like make up, I think polish is a personal grooming choice. Clean, moisturized feet are just as nice. Of course, all of this from someone who does not spend a lot of time looking at other people's feet.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I don't look at anyone's feet, and I don't care what they think of mine!

I paint my toenails occasionally - when the mood strikes. I think professional pedicures are uncomfortable and creepy, so I refuse to get them. I have a bone spur on one of my big toes from an old broken bone. I also was born with hammertoes and super high arches - nothing I can do about that. My feet will never be 'pretty', but they carry me happily through all the things I like to do in life (hikes, backpacking trips, long daily walks). I would never quit wearing flip flops or sandals because someone thinks my feet look bad. :smile:

LOVE this!
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hate feet. Omg. I hate that word and the word toes... :-(

So your kids piggies will never go to the market?

Cute! I always thought feet were gross until I had kids. Baby feet are the best!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I have never had a manicure or a pedicure in my life, and don't plan on it. I take care of my own feet, and they are lovely. I usually never wear polish. Just occasionally and even then usually clear or a light pink or something. I don't look at people's feet, and when I do not very closely. I'm a dancer, though, so sometimes we massage each others feet or see each others feet while dancing (I rarely see the dancers with polish).
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Now the reason I'm asking... I had a rather traumatic experience this summer at an upscale spa/nail salon - as in roaches running over my hands in the shellack manicure drying machine. And the place looked clean and beautiful. You just never know.

Now I am wearing sandals without a pedicure (clean, healthy, clear pink nails). No polish. Can't bring myself to go back to a salon.

I wonder if anyone really does look and judge. We as a society came up with this arbitrary and artificial idea that nails need to be painted. Sounds ridiculous, but all women comply.

Do I really need use polish if I wear sandals or be considered an "unkempt" woman?

Comply? I paint (my own) toenails because I like it, not because I think I'm supposed to. You're seriously suggesting people judge me by my toenails? That gives me an idea, but sadly, doing the head maths, I know that "what the hell are you looking at?" Has more than 10 letters.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    What I don't understand is why you have to go pay for a full pedicure to have painted toenails. Although I occasionally like to go have a pedicure, the majority of the time I just do mine at home.

They can't charge $20-30 if you just want polish. Besides the extras are really worth it.

Well worth it.... I get a massage with my mani/pedis. :bigsmile:
  • anniecrisis
    Options
    I find nail polishes, hands or feet, pointless - and long, multiply coloured nails to me just look utterly impractical, as well as unhygienic - I can't help thinking of just how much grime such scoops will collect over a day *shudder*. I certainly don't understand why anyone would want to cultivate the sort of talon which makes it impossible to type, or play a musical instrument, or sew or knit, never mind gardening, or baking. If I look at hands and feet, what I notice is clean or dirty, intact and healthy or damaged and infected, which after all is what is important.

Nail bars? Gruesome - much like the awful eyebrow-pulling-out stalls which seem to be multiplying over here. To me that sort of grooming should be done in private, like cleaning teeth....
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I spend as much time as possible barefoot or in sandals or flip flops so I like my feet to look nice and I always keep my pedicure up. But I don't get professional pedicures done very often; I just do it myself. I don't really notice other people's feet much - unless they're really nasty - all foot fungus-y and long dragon claw toenails - blech. And I don't like long fingernails.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I never look at other people's feet....well except today so funny you mention it. In the next stall of the bathroom someone had toenails that looked like they'd never gotten a pedicure in their entire life...and hadn't taken a shower yet since last week at least. :ohwell:

But I don't usually look.

As far as my own...I do look at them. And I like them to look pretty. :smile: But, I agree on the nail salon's and not knowing what you are going to get, therefore I usually paint my own toes. My fingernails I leave short and clear.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    What I don't understand is why you have to go pay for a full pedicure to have painted toenails. Although I occasionally like to go have a pedicure, the majority of the time I just do mine at home.

They can't charge $20-30 if you just want polish. Besides the extras are really worth it.

Well worth it.... I get a massage with my mani/pedis. :bigsmile:

Or you find a man with a foot fetish. :wink:
  • jaedizzle01
    jaedizzle01 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I work in a shoe department, so im always looking at people shoes/feet. i dont think its a big deal if ur nails are done or not though.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I would never judge someone negatively for not having polish on, but I did find it strange that my friend who always wears nail polish didn't have her toes pedicured. Toes are just so boring without a pop of color to me, so I never keep mine plain. But there is nothing wrong with you if you prefer not to paint them.
  • VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    That is highly disturbing and I'd be traumatized too!!!!! Yuck!! Honestly, I have not had a pedicure in quite some time and my feet are not grotesque or anything but I don't consider them to be beautiful, unfortunately, I inherited my father's feet genetics. *pouting*.
    I do not paint my toes at all, but i do keep them trimmed and lotion occasionally. I could give myself a kind of pedicure and so could you by simply soaking them in something and doing similar things they would do at a spa/salon, like slough off dead skin, lotion, massage etc..
    I completely whole-heartedly agree about it being arbitrary and artifical but it is nice to feel more feminine sometimes with soft/soft-looking feet and well manicured toes but it doesn't have to be a big to-do.

I only look and notice if they're overly grotesque, as in, serious calluses an inch thick and long yellow toe nails and the like. Most people at least take care of the trimming and if for some reason my nails ever look weird/nasty, I will paint them, it's not that hard. ;)

Again, I never wear polish and I used to sometimes and see a lot of women do, as you say, it's the norm, but as long as you keep them up and they look decent, you'll be fine!
    Now the reason I'm asking... I had a rather traumatic experience this summer at an upscale spa/nail salon - as in roaches running over my hands in the shellack manicure drying machine. And the place looked clean and beautiful. You just never know.

Now I am wearing sandals without a pedicure (clean, healthy, clear pink nails). No polish. Can't bring myself to go back to a salon.

I wonder if anyone really does look and judge. We as a society came up with this arbitrary and artificial idea that nails need to be painted. Sounds ridiculous, but all women comply.

Do I really need use polish if I wear sandals or be considered an "unkempt" woman?
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I always have polish on. Part of my basic upkeep :) I do it myself. You don't need to go to a salon.