Replies

• LePetitCochon
    Options
    Girl: L-a (pronounced La-Dash-A)
    Boy: Mufasa
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I'm done having kids but there was a time when I thought I'd have more . . .

Girl:
    Olivia
    Vivian

Boy:
    I'm not particular, probably would go with a family name.

My one and only child is Ava Elizabeth. A woman I worked with years ago had a daughter named Ava and I always thought is was a beautiful name for a girl. Elizabeth was my ex-husband's grandmother.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I have a variety of names for both genders...

Boy:
    Jason Alaxandre
    Thomas Erik
    AlphaCentauri Dylan
    Squall Zakary

Girl:
    Andromeda Venus
    Amanda Laura (honoring a late friend)
    Lillyanne Rebekkah
    Felicity Sawyer

Do you like these names ?

Dear-parents-thank-you-for-giving-me-a-weird-name.jpg
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    If I were going to have children (which I am not), I would name them either Ocean or Meatball. Boy or girl.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I only have my a girls name that I'm set on, no way in heck am I changing it.
    Adelaide Anne, Anne is my mother's middle name. I think Adi for short would be adorable. :)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Girl: L-a (pronounced La-Dash-A)
    Boy: Mustafa

:laugh:
  • SweetTrouble_
    SweetTrouble_ Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I want two boys. They will be named:
    Walker and Texas Ranger.
    perfect!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Speaking as someone with a hard to spell surname, for Dog's sake don't give your kid a name with unusual spelling. It's annoying enough having to spell your surname every time, without having to deal with constant misspelling due to people thinking they know how to spell your adjusted spelling common name.

And when in doubt - go with British Royal family names. Can't go wrong, really.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Unlikely, and Not Happening.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    You know, with all the talk about bullying, one would think that parents would want to give their children "bully-proof" names. Why send your kid to kindergarten with a bulls-eye on their back?
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Boy: Shi-Thead
    pronounced: sha-they-add
    Girl: Le-a
    pronounced: La dash a
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You know, with all the talk about bullying, one would think that parents would want to give their children "bully-proof" names. Why send your kid to kindergarten with a bulls-eye on their back?

Or the inability to obtain a job.

Or the thousands of dollars you need to pay to legally change your name.

Or the knowledge that their parents were idiots.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I'm now wondering if the OP is related to the Zappa clan...
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    sorry but... having weird spellings does not make your kid unique. it just makes them have a commonly misspelled name and no keychains with their name on them! seriously, I have a NORMAL name and I was bummed enough as a kid when I couldn't get a freaking mickey mouse keychain at disneyland. if you like the name do your kid a favor and go with the way it's most commonly spelled, they will thank you for it later.

some of these responses are gold though
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I have a variety of names for both genders...

Boy:
    Jason Alaxandre
    Thomas Erik
    AlphaCentauri Dylan
    Squall Zakary

Girl:
    Andromeda Venus
    Amanda Laura (honoring a late friend)
    Lillyanne Rebekkah
    Felicity Sawyer

Do you like these names ?

Dear-parents-thank-you-for-giving-me-a-weird-name.jpg

No kidding! My daughter's name is Ava (not odd, right?) and FFS I can never find anything with it spelled that way. I find Eva all the time but rarely do I see things with it spelled with an A.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    "bully-proof" names

No such thing. If you're picked out as a target for bullies, they'll always find something. Just a name that has a few rhymes can be turned into a taunt - even if it's a nonsensical one.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    No, no, no, I dont like your names jason alaxandre is nice, but the rest just hmmm NO
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    sorry but... having weird spellings does not make your kid unique. it just makes them have a commonly misspelled name and no keychains with their name on them! seriously, I have a NORMAL name and I was bummed enough as a kid when I couldn't get a freaking mickey mouse keychain at disneyland. if you like the name do your kid a favor and go with the way it's most commonly spelled, they will thank you for it later.

some of these responses are gold though

AGREED. You want you kid to be unique in the world? Raise your child with integrity and a good character. Believe me, in this day and time, you child with definitely stand out.