What Would You Name Your Future Kids ?

Options

Replies

• JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I am finished having kids, but if some crazy accident happens I have swore to a lady I work with I would include Blaze somewhere in the miracle child's name.

My kids have simple first names and more unique, but not crazy middle names. Their middles are Raine, Cole and Mason.
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    It's doubtful that I will ever have any kids. However, if I were to have any, I do have a few names picked out.

For a boy, I like Matthew Elijah, which would be naming him after two uncles I am very close to.

I'm not 100% sure for a girl. I would want to have some version of Lucy since there's been a Lucy, Lucille, Lucinda, or Lucretia in my family for many, many years. I'm Lucy, my mom is Lucille, and my grandmother was Lucy. Lucinda was my great grandmother, and so forth.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    1) they're going to be your kid's name, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Not true. It matters what the kid thinks!! Naming a kid Dumbledore because YOU are a Harry Potter fan is stupid, selfish and mean and will just make your kid hate you.

It also matters what other people in your child's life think. You do your kid a disservice by naming them S'peshul Snowflayk. Your name is your identity until after you've died. Every teacher, potential employer, client, etc *will* make a judgement about you based on your name. If your child wants to be a supreme court justice, or CEO, it's unlikely to happen if their name is Bambi Trixibelle, for instance. Your child is not an accessory. It's a human being with a long life ahead of it.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    1) they're going to be your kid's name, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Not true. It matters what the kid thinks!! Naming a kid Dumbledore because YOU are a Harry Potter fan is stupid, selfish and mean and will just make your kid hate you.

It also matters what other people in your child's life think. You do your kid a disservice by naming them S'peshul Snowflayk. Your name is your identity until after you've died. Every teacher, potential employer, client, etc *will* make a judgement about you based on your name. If your child wants to be a supreme court justice, or CEO, it's unlikely to happen if their name is Bambi Trixibelle, for instance. Your child is not an accessory. It's a human being with a long life ahead of it.

OMG. I am totally naming my kid Bambi Trixibelle.
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Pretty normal names (I think) for my kids:

Ryan Scott
    Matthew Dean (Dean is grandpa's name)
    Amelia Lee (call her Mimi)

No more for me--I'm a grandma--I think there's a rule or something. :laugh:

Granddaughter is Lilah Rae, which I LOVE!

When we were thinking about having more, names were Eden Grace for a girl and Mason Alexander for a boy . . .
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I want to make sure my child's name is awkward to say and spell so that the world knows I value being a trendy attention *kitten* more than I value the sanity of my child. Cause it's all about mom feeling special when naming a kid, right?

"Hurry up Jaxsoniqua Braeydon Paeyton Aiden Caydun Smiyth. Where is your sister Nevaeh?"
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I've got two boys already. Not sure any more will be coming along. Anyway, names chose were James Dean (no, not after the actor), and Connor Patrick. James we actually call Jamie, the story behind his name is James for my husband's grandfather, and Dean because it's my husband's middle name, and my father in laws as well. Connor's first name was chosen just because we liked it, and his middle name is in honor of my grandmother who passed away while I was pregnant, her name was Patty.

Should a girl ever make her way into our family, she would be called Lillianna. Not sure about middles names at this point.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Clawshot and Bombchu.

Pure. Effing. Genius.
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I want to make sure my child's name is awkward to say and spell so that the world knows I value being a trendy attention *kitten* more than I value the sanity of my child. Cause it's all about mom feeling special when naming a kid, right?

"Hurry up Jaxsoniqua Braeydon Paeyton Aiden Caydun Smiyth. Where is your sister Nevaeh?"

:drinker:
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    My baby making days are also over...I'm not a fan of odd spellings or names-that-aren't-really-names...but, its your kid and his/her therapy bills, so YMMV.

FWIW...my son's name is Timothy James, and my daughter's name is Teagan Constance. All four names are family names.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Just so you know, if "no one thinks these names are dumb" its because no one wants to see you cry.

I named my daughter carefully, making sure it sounded good with Dr., Senator and Judge in front of it. Just in case she wants to, you know, be taken seriously and not be a stripper.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Your child is not an accessory. It's a human being with a long life ahead of it.

/endthread
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Clawshot and Bombchu.

Pure. Effing. Genius.

I think so! I'm excited because I'll finally be able to go pick them out from a shelter in a few months. Teaching them to use the litter box will be a pain, but parenting will be so rewarding.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    If it were up to me only, Cadence for a girl and Marshall or Benjamin for a boy
    If it was with my current boyfriend, Clara for a girl and hopefully Marshall Joseph for a boy
    I also like for middle names: Madeline, Victoria, Michelle, Grace, Gianna, Evelyn, and Luca/Lucas

I like old fashioned names which are getting very popular, so they are almost the "trendy" names now, I'm probably not ever having kids lol. Boyfriend's name is Matthew Joseph which I adore.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I named my daughter carefully, making sure it sounded good with Dr., Senator and Judge in front of it. Just in case she wants to, you know, be taken seriously and not be a stripper.

That's what I did with both my children, thus, Victoria and William. Those names are also in line with someone else's suggestion - you can't go wrong stealing names from the Royal Family.

On a side note, my son is named after his dad, my ex. But my ex was called "Billy" growing up and absolutely hated that. So our son was (and still is) always called "William". No nick-names in this family.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Bambi Trixibelle

FTW.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I have two kids...Michael and Daniel.

No future kids here.....I'm fixed.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Whoops or awwchit.

The two boys I have are enough, thank you. They are Padon and Preston.
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Fortunately, parenting will not be something that happens in my life. :happy:

^ what she said :wink: :drinker: :happy:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    We found out were having a little boy. I am really stuck on the name Seth. Possibly Seth David (his Dad) or Seth Kyle (my Grandpa)