What Would You Name Your Future Kids ?

Options

Replies

• livelaughlove384
    Options
    I have a variety of names for both genders...

Boy:
    Jason Alaxandre
    Thomas Erik
    AlphaSentauri Dylan
    Squall Zakary

Girl:
    Andromeda Venus
    Amanda Laura (honoring a late friend)
    Lillyanne Rebekkah
    Felicity Sawyer

Do you like these names ?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9hXD3pb_kwEE3Iw_kxvk5pc60UdQVQpO1vrT6hKcbKXA9RDiNPg

LOL agreed!
  • BooBoo1264
    Options
    For a girl:

Evelyn Dahlia

For a Boy:

Patrick Bryan or Bryan Patrick :D
  • THE_DOCTORSWIFE
    THE_DOCTORSWIFE Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am waiting to have a child until we find out The Doctors real name. Boy or Girl dose not matter
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My oldest sons name is Emmanuel but we have always called him Manny for short - honestly I would never give another child a name at birth knowing we will be shortening it. He was so confused when he first started school, not to mention his teachers (you would think they would be use to this). I have thought about legally changing his name to Manny just to make it easier and he's not even 9 yet.
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have a variety of names for both genders...

Boy:
    Jason Alaxandre
    Thomas Erik
    AlphaCentauri Dylan
    Squall Zakary

Girl:
    Andromeda Venus
    Amanda Laura (honoring a late friend)
    Lillyanne Rebekkah
    Felicity Sawyer

Do you like these names ?

The ones in bold are horrible. I mean, they're so bad I'm not sure if you're serious. :huh: The rest of them are super annoying b/c of your attempt at original spelling. Sorry, you asked.

Looks like quite a few people on here are attempting the unique spelling thing...I named my son Jacob Alan...guess I missed the memo. He should be Jakib Allinn instead. I feel left out. :(
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm never having future kids! 3 is enough.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I want twin girls: Destinee and Journee
    I also like Bryce Daniel for a boy and Kaidence Nikole for a girl

To add to this I already have a boy name John Nathan and a girl named Gracelyn Fayeth

I don't meant to be mean, I am just trying to understand. What is up with the misspelled names? What is the logic behind it? I have a rather common name that still gets misspelled. Why would you want to put your kids through this?

My children"s names are not misspelled. My daughter's middle name is Fayeth and it is spelled that way because both of her Grandmother's middles names are Faye. There are various spelling variations for every name. Look at a baby book. How do you misspell a name when it's the name you are giving to your baby. My children are teenagers and perfectly happy with the names and the spellings they have been given. I will more than likely not be having anymore children but the names above were names my 13 year old daughter picked out for me to name my future children if I ever had any. Everyone is unique in their own way, why cant they have a unique name? ( as long as it isn't way out there!) I have seen children with names their own mother has to think about when she spells it. I think my names are fine.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    My oldest sons name is Emmanuel but we have always called him Manny for short - honestly I would never give another child a name at birth knowing we will be shortening it. He was so confused when he first started school, not to mention his teachers (you would think they would be use to this). I have thought about legally changing his name to Manny just to make it easier and he's not even 9 yet.

Not all kids get confused by shortened names or nicknames.. My middle daughter is Madilynn and we call her Madi for short. She knows her name is Madilynn and that's what she tells people, she always says we call her Madi. She's 3... My oldest is Natalie and likes to be called Nat, same thing, she's 4.
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    I have 2 wonderful children. Cassandra Grace and Jonathan Daniel. I'm not into making names up or trying to customize the spelling. But no more for us. As much as I wanted more kids, I no longer have the organs to do it! :ohwell:
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    1) they're going to be your kid's name, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Not true. It matters what the kid thinks!! Naming a kid Dumbledore because YOU are a Harry Potter fan is stupid, selfish and mean and will just make your kid hate you.
  • KristysLosing
    Options

Not all kids get confused by shortened names or nicknames.. My middle daughter is Madilynn and we call her Madi for short. She knows her name is Madilynn and that's what she tells people, she always says we call her Madi. She's 3... My oldest is Natalie and likes to be called Nat, same thing, she's 4.

We don't have confusion either. Cassie/Cassandra and Jon/Jonathan.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I have two more names based on some beloved hobbies.

Samuel and Gaston
  • RozayJones
    Options

My son prefers Manny over Emmanuel - And obviously your childs name is not just Nat.
  • hickorycutie
    hickorycutie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Girls..... Makayla Starr
    Anniston Marie

Boys..... Blake Allen
    Braxton Lee
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Fortunately, parenting will not be something that happens in my life. :happy:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    1) they're going to be your kid's name, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Not true. It matters what the kid thinks!! Naming a kid Dumbledore because YOU are a Harry Potter fan is stupid, selfish and mean and will just make your kid hate you.

LOL...yeah, I'd have to agree with this. Your kid is the one who has to live with the moniker that was bestowed by you...not you.
  • RozayJones
    Options

We don't have confusion either. Cassie/Cassandra and Jon/Jonathan.

The confusion comes in when he writes his name on homework some teachers are ok with Manny and some want Emmanuel.
    When he first started school he was put on the wrong bus and they said STUPID EXCUSE that I did not buy - but they still blammed it on the fact that he said his name is Manny - again we NEVER call him Emmanuel and maybe Manny isn't an obvious way to shorten Emmanuel. None of my other kids have names that are shorten and we like that.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    No, no, no, I dont like your names jason alaxandre is nice, but the rest just hmmm NO

Also the name of a very distinguished actor!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvzkAI6Gg1a1HCljOx2pSHfvTlxbg5dhJ2d5H9t3jtu93GYafANw
    distinguished?????? :huh:

Some people may recognize my comment as possibly being tongue in cheek. Either that or he is a very distinguished actor.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Clawshot and Bombchu.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    sorry but... having weird spellings does not make your kid unique. it just makes them have a commonly misspelled name and no keychains with their name on them! seriously, I have a NORMAL name and I was bummed enough as a kid when I couldn't get a freaking mickey mouse keychain at disneyland. if you like the name do your kid a favor and go with the way it's most commonly spelled, they will thank you for it later.

some of these responses are gold though
    I have to agree with this - I have 4 kids - nothing good comes from spelling a kids name strangely - except the assumption that his or her parents are illiterate among other not-so-niceties.