Do older guys care less about looks and weight?

Options
Just want some opinions...In general, do you think men care less about what women look like and what their weight is as they get older? I like this guy SO much and I think he likes me...I'm pretty sure of it. He's divorced and she was crazy, but was also like a size 2. I'm very insecure about my weight so that's why I have such a hard time believing he could like me. Plus, he's the shy type so I don't see him ever making a move...it's gonna have to be me. Would an older guy, say 50ish care so much about looks or is he into personality more?

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    she was crazy,

Like all women.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I think it is so dependent on the guy honestly.

A guy is still a guy and will have preferences no matter his age.
  • BlueOrchidMoon77
    Options
    It's okay to be a little crazy, like fun crazy. But you just don't understand the level of crazy she is.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm a 52 yo woman. My experience is men are boys, oops, I mean men are men at any age. Some care about looks more than others, some care about weight more than others. Some would find a size 2 as replusive as others would find a size 22. It's a big world. Lot's of different likes and dislikes out there.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    As always, it depends on the man.
  • RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Every man has standards.

Some are lower than others.

Some are.... much. Lower.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    A man who got out of a crazy (as in institutional crazy, not fun crazy) relationship would be thankful just to get a normal woman. My two cents.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

A guy is still a guy and will have preferences no matter his age.

This
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Just want some opinions...In general, do you think men care less about what women look like and what their weight is as they get older? I like this guy SO much and I think he likes me...I'm pretty sure of it. He's divorced and she was crazy, but was also like a size 2. I'm very insecure about my weight so that's why I have such a hard time believing he could like me. Plus, he's the shy type so I don't see him ever making a move...it's gonna have to be me. Would an older guy, say 50ish care so much about looks or is he into personality more?

Make a move and find out. That's the only way to get a REAL answer to your question.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Speaking as an older gentleman...

I'm not an older gentleman.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I would say that a little extra weight trumps crazy any day. Go for it.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Guys always care about looks and weight - however, you have to temper your expectations with what you bring to the table (looks, weight, and yes, money).
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Do older guys care less about looks and weight?

Married, no.
    Single, yes.
    Married but looking, yes.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    It's okay to be a little crazy, like fun crazy. But you just don't understand the level of crazy she is.

He knew what she was like but still chose to marry her....what's that got to do with anything anyway?!
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their preference regardless of age
  • osothefinn
    osothefinn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just want some opinions...In general, do you think men care less about what women look like and what their weight is as they get older?

As a man (or woman) gets older their options are more limited, so it's generally either be more flexible or be single. Pretty sure this isn't news to anyone who isn't delusional.
    Plus, he's the shy type so I don't see him ever making a move...it's gonna have to be me.

I'm an introverted guy, so I can relate. You may have to make the first move, and make it fairly obvious. You may think you're being clear with non-verbal queues and he may miss the signal entirely. I recommend asking him out for coffee.
    Would an older guy, say 50ish care so much about looks or is he into personality more?

Personality can overcome quite a bit, as long as said personality is actual positive traits, such as friendliness, empathy, intelligence, and charm, and not the abrasive bombastic behavior so many people often refer to as personality in themselves. Not implying this is you, just mentioning it.

Give it a shot. Hope it works out!
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Men like confident women. You sound like you need to work on that.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Plus, he's the shy type so I don't see him ever making a move...it's gonna have to be me.

If he knows you're interested and he doesn't make a move, it's not because he's shy. You'd be surprised what a shy man can summon himself to do when motivated.
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Just go for it! Weight comes off. Crazy doesn't. And if he prefers the latter, maybe you are better off.
  • Snugglzz
    Options
    lol Standards drop with age. Proportionally to how far we let ourselves slide out of womens standards.