Do older guys care less about looks and weight?

Options

Replies

• RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I think as guys age, we become wiser and realize that beauty fades. Also remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Don't judge your own beauty by waht you believe is beautiful. His definition of beauty, and waht attracts him could be different than what you see as beautify traites.

Also remember, different mean have different tastes. He may like a more rounded woman, he may really like your personality. Take a shot and open the door to see what he will do. You never know until you try.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

LOL
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    By the way, why do you care? You should want to look good and be fit for you. Not some damn man - old or young. Don't care what some man wants. Care what you want. Damn a man.

from your 2 posts it sounds like you have bad experiences and little knowledge of men.

Disagree. That's some straight talk right there. The other post was true too.

(well not sure about all men just preferring thin women, that's individual, but there's a whack of entitled feeling dudes out there.)
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Guys shop within their "league".. essentially what they are confident enough to approach. I'm not old, but I can tell you guys will ALWAYS go for looks first.

However.. major points are added in for down to earth and intelligent women.

But NO physical attraction - usually no pursue, unless the guy is struggling/desperate/low standards.

I REALLY dont want this to sound mean. Just being honest and logical.

I agree that you have to be physically attracted to go for someone, but like others have said, different guys have different tastes. I mean... there is a whole world of BBW (big beautiful women) lovers who only like large women, VERY large in fact. Some guys are only into super stick thin girls. But I think most men like a healthy looking woman with tits and *kitten* :P
    Personality first, but *kitten* and tits are right there following.

Don't lose that butt.......Sir MixAlot
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Just want some opinions...In general, do you think men care less about what women look like and what their weight is as they get older? I like this guy SO much and I think he likes me...I'm pretty sure of it. He's divorced and she was crazy, but was also like a size 2. I'm very insecure about my weight so that's why I have such a hard time believing he could like me. Plus, he's the shy type so I don't see him ever making a move...it's gonna have to be me. Would an older guy, say 50ish care so much about looks or is he into personality more?

Personally, in all my years, I find that men in their 50s prioritise their looks enough to equate their developed personalities and charm, complementing their physical attributes ~ their appeal, with the resourcefulness to match, without much of care for anything else but for what they want, to how they want it. My assumption from what I'd noticed is that their preferences would reflect themselves, depending on their voids, their cautions, their needs, their use of time consciousness (how and what do they want to reflect on, looking back ~ to have not missed out), and their desires, determining the scope and reaches of a prospective relationship.

Men no matter where they fall age wise, care just as much as we women do, by partial selection (Yes/No/Maybe); What we clearly recognise and accept as appealing ~ by preference, prejudice and perception.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    age=desperation for both sexes
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Guys shop within their "league".. essentially what they are confident enough to approach. I'm not old, but I can tell you guys will ALWAYS go for looks first.

The rich and famous can shop above their league
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have to disagree.....I have a 63 old coworker and he won't date someone unless she is thin and good looking. So it's all personal taste.

So you dont know unless you ask.
  • anemoneprose
    Options

Not true. I don't give a crap. I know plenty of women 50+ who are ecstatic to be free and themselves after years of that not happening, & who enjoy full lives. Kids are really the only thing that blip on my radar, and only just, & if it doesn't happen so be it.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    before i answer the OP's question, i need some more information...

how big is your bank account, OP?
  • osothefinn
    osothefinn Posts: 163 Member
    Options

Are you saying that a man who prefers a woman who is overweight and/or obese have much lower standards than, say, a guy who prefers a woman who is at a "society acceptable" weight?

I'm gonna throw gasoline on the fire and explain it like this. Imagine a 1-10 scale, measuring not just looks, but the whole package. Looks, personality, job, income, social status, the works. Appearance and fitness make up a percentage of that 10 point scale. Not all of it, but some. For the sake of argument let's say it's 50% (who knows for sure). If a man with excellent looks and fitness (5 points) who's a doctor making 300k annually (3pts?) and is well regarded in his community and has no mental issues etc (2pt), for a total of 10, is dating a woman who is morbidly obese with other health issues (0pt) but is also a physician (3 pt) and well regarded and not crazy (2pt), for a total of 5, then either she's his preferred type in some fashion or he's got low standards, because he could do better.

If the facts are offensive I apologize.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    You cannot generalise and assume that all men can be slotted together in neat categories to suit your desires( in this instance older men care less about looks and weight). Men have preferences. If you are his idea of his ideal for that moment ~ lucky you. If not and you do not make the cut, it matters not how much weight you lose or gain ~ he will never see you as his ideal woman. Move on!
  • osothefinn
    osothefinn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    By the way, why do you care? You should want to look good and be fit for you. Not some damn man - old or young. Don't care what some man wants. Care what you want. Damn a man.

Personality ladies and gentlemen.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    It depends on the man... it's hard to generalize on that sort of preference. My fiance is in his 40s and has always liked curvy women, and has said specifically he doesn't mind if I'm soft in the middle as long as I have the important bits :laugh: But his best friend is the same age and I've talked to him about women before and he says he prefers slim athletic women. He himself is slim and athletic, so maybe that's a good indicator.

So I'd say... get to know him, flirt a bit, ask him out for coffee... worst he can say is no thank you!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Hmm, I think often it's just the opposite. Often, you are more financially secure, more confident and independant, done with having children, etc. I think older people are more likely to be happy on their own than younger people who are looking to build a family and security. Sure having a soul mate is wonderful, but having someone around just to not be alone is more a young persons game in my experience.
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Just want some opinions...In general, do you think men care less about what women look like and what their weight is as they get older? I like this guy SO much and I think he likes me...I'm pretty sure of it. He's divorced and she was crazy, but was also like a size 2. I'm very insecure about my weight so that's why I have such a hard time believing he could like me. Plus, he's the shy type so I don't see him ever making a move...it's gonna have to be me. Would an older guy, say 50ish care so much about looks or is he into personality more?

Age is not the question - depends on the type of man and what his priorities are.

Also, every man will tell you his ex was crazy. Heaven forbid he admit he had faults, too!!!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

However.. major points are added in for down to earth and intelligent women.

But NO physical attraction - usually no pursue, unless the guy is struggling/desperate/low standards.

I REALLY dont want this to sound mean. Just being honest and logical.

24-year old responds with idiotic nonsense on a thread specifically asking for older guys' opinions.

seems legit.
  • anemoneprose
    Options

Age 69-70 = this lady was 20 in 1963. She's had different life experiences.

She's working out. She's in a bikini in her pic. She's living large & in charge & that is awesome.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

She's working out. She's in a bikini in her pic. She's living large & in charge & that is awesome.

Age does not always equal wisdom.
  • anemoneprose
    Options

Age does not always equal wisdom.

Whatever she went through, it was probably a thing, and she seems to have come out the other side & is defining her life her way & I totally respect that kind of growth.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    He's divorced and she was crazy, but was also like a size 2.

:laugh: they ALL say the ex was crazy,

Did HE tell you she was a size 2, or do you know her? If he mentioned it, then its probably something he cares about.