Do older guys care less about looks and weight?

Options

Replies

• ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    By the way, why do you care? You should want to look good and be fit for you. Not some damn man - old or young. Don't care what some man wants. Care what you want. Damn a man.

Wow! Looking at your two posts, you seem really bitter about something. I hope your day gets better
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Depends on how good a sammich you make and if my beer is kept cold. :smokin:
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Men like confident women. You sound like you need to work on that.

True but low self esteem, daddy issues, and subconscious needs for approval are all fine traits to look for in a gal at 1:55 am on a Saturday night.
  • Greywalk
    Greywalk Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    As an Older guy...

The outer person general reflects the inner person. What we are looking for and I have found is some one who we can enjoy life with. This means the energy to get out of bed each day and work, play, and share life. As for all other things sense of humor, some wisdom developed by life's hard knocks, a willingness to be part of the team granting and receiving space as needed....all of these work in your favor. The size 2 and crazy we can do without the drama regardless of the size. I prefer my wife to be a healthy size in this case a 8 or 10 as she is a bit tall and she is very smart much smarter then me. However I am more laidback and less likely to stress so we both bring something to the table. I would recommend all things being equal take the advice of the woman who said make your move and you will get the real answer. My hope is regardless of the response you will both be happy with it.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Some guys like rounder women even better than more slender women, regardless of their age. If a guy ONLY likes larger women, I find that as much a turn-off as one who ONLY likes smaller women. In my entire dating history, I've had only one man who made an issue of my weight and we broke up ON THE SPOT the first time he brought it up. He was crushed by the breakup (mentioned suicide, even) and couldn't understand why I wouldn't want to get weight loss surgery and make my 5'9" frame weigh 120 lbs. just so that he could enjoy looking at me more. Even though we're still platonic friends to this day, he never got to see or lay a hand on my beautiful booty again! He has expressed extreme regret for his arrogance many times over the years, but I'm unrelenting (and I'm married to someone else now, soooo) ...

I was really pissed because he knew what I looked like when we met and I was always very open about having no plans to lose weight. If he had simply said up front, "I like slender women and my interest in you is contingent on your fitting into that image," I would have said, No problem, I'm not your gal. He waited a few months though, until after we were "involved" and he was starting to push for long-term commitment. I guess he just thought he could change me. You don't want anyone who thinks you need changing, whether it's your weight, your hairstyle, your job or anything else about you.

I'm saying all this because it may seem at first like he's "just fine" with your body type, but you have to get to know him and his motives first. Some guys just want sex and don't care what their partner looks like because their plan is short-term anyway. Some guys want the whole dealio, but only on THEIR terms.

Take the time to get to know him and make sure that his interest in you is as genuine as your interest in him. Make sure he has no plans of changing you, henpecking you or making you feel badly about yourself for not fitting into his idea of a suitable partner. Don't let him manipulate your perceptions about yourself. Any guy who makes you feel insecure about yourself is not a good match.

Just my 2¢ ... good luck! xo
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    By the way, why do you care? You should want to look good and be fit for you. Not some damn man - old or young. Don't care what some man wants. Care what you want. Damn a man.

from your 2 posts it sounds like you have bad experiences and little knowledge of men.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    As I've matured - we don't ALL stay boys our our entire lives ;) - I've come to realise what is more important to my long-term happiness.

Having a hot partner doesn't make it anymore - of COURSE it did when I was young, but not now. And you want to feel physically attracted to someone, sure.

But personally, at 43 I value intelligence and sense of humour, character and kindness. Aesthetics only after you've ticked those boxes ... :)

Go for it - good luck!

Lovely attitude. :)
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    At 64, I'd say I'm older. Being a gentleman is still being debated though. My opinion, is that personality trumps many things. I agree you should ask him to meet for coffee. If you like, somewhere in the conversation, you could let it slip that you're working on your weight.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on the personality of the guy. If he cared about looks when he was younger, he will probably care about them when he's older. Unless he himself is like super old/fat/ugly etc then he might not be as picky.

Also, a lot of guys actually want a woman who has curves, not a girl with a 12 year old boy body lol

If this guy seems like he likes you, don't worry about what size his ex was. He obviously finds YOU attractive & likes your personality, and he is no longer with her for a reason. My boyfriend is a lot skinner than me and he thinks that I'm sexy and attractive still even though I am close to my highest weight ever.
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with a few others. being a b!tch can drop a 10 to a 5 in hot second.
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    My man is 20 and he doesn't give a f**k about looks... well he says a girl has to have a pretty face. He is attracted to all body types but prefers bigger woman. It is dependent on the person... and their tastes.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Do older guys care less about looks and weight?

From what I've seen most older guys don't give two cents about looks or weight.

Obesity.jpg
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    not sure, but I do know that since I hit my mid 40's I have got hit on by more men that iI can shake ny *kitten* at

I would imagine its confidence and self assurance
  • mud7urtle
    Options
    Guys shop within their "league".. essentially what they are confident enough to approach. I'm not old, but I can tell you guys will ALWAYS go for looks first.

However.. major points are added in for down to earth and intelligent women.

But NO physical attraction - usually no pursue, unless the guy is struggling/desperate/low standards.

I REALLY dont want this to sound mean. Just being honest and logical.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options
    Most men want a woman with whom they have common interests and chemistry.

The rest is whatever because the above two things are different for every man. As the old saying goes, there's somebody out there for everybody. It you think this guy is your "somebody," then why wouldn't you let him know you think so?
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, the "crazy" size 2 ex. So he was with a woman he now describes as "crazy" . . . I wonder why else he was with her? Good conversation? Same meds?
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options

you are GREAT
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Every man has standards.

Some are lower than others.

Some are.... much. Lower.

So, clearing up, because this confused me. And the only way for me to know is to ask. There is no flaming involved in the inquiry.

Are you saying that a man who prefers a woman who is overweight and/or obese have much lower standards than, say, a guy who prefers a woman who is at a "society acceptable" weight?

Once again, only asking as to clear up, no attack or flaming of this poster in any way. Just asking to ask 'cuz I'm nosy like that

Wondering the same...
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Guys shop within their "league".. essentially what they are confident enough to approach. I'm not old, but I can tell you guys will ALWAYS go for looks first.

However.. major points are added in for down to earth and intelligent women.

But NO physical attraction - usually no pursue, unless the guy is struggling/desperate/low standards.

I REALLY dont want this to sound mean. Just being honest and logical.

I agree that you have to be physically attracted to go for someone, but like others have said, different guys have different tastes. I mean... there is a whole world of BBW (big beautiful women) lovers who only like large women, VERY large in fact. Some guys are only into super stick thin girls. But I think most men like a healthy looking woman with tits and *kitten* :P