200+ (Week 41) Getting Fit For Fall Begins!

Options
124»

Replies

• KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Been stuck reading most nights this week and haven't watched tv so I missed SYTYCD. Its recorded so I may watch it tonight (I finished the books I have and need to go back to the bff's to get the next couple books in the series).

I didn't exercise yesterday because I was reading. But I'm still down a pound or so. I think I lose more when I exercise hard for a week and then take a week off. I still watch my cals and stay relatively on target.

anyways, I need to get to work
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I watched the first 70 mins of SYTYCD and I agree - Adi is gone. Kents disco blew terribly, but I still love him. LOL. I don't really care who wins. Cat's hair was a DISASTER last night, wow! LOL. I will watch the rest tonight.

I didn't exercise yesterday and ate more but my knee isn't as tweaky today and I will park at the pool and walk/run home again tonight.

I started tom today which is good because I have a company fishing trip next Friday and do NOT want to be on a river all day with it going on and nowhere to really take care of business. It should be dunzo by then. Sorry if that was TMI.

Weighed last night at 206 so I think Friday maybe will show me some goodness on the scale? Crossing fingers at least?

Planning on getting up Saturday morning and walk/running. Need to plot my route tonight.

Tonight I have to get my kiddo packed up so she can go to the camping blues festival with her dad this weekend. I also need to clean the house up since my BFF will be here Saturday morning some time. She wants to take her dog and my dogs to the coast but honestly I am not wanting to make the 45 minute windy drive to the coast when I live two minutes from a lake we could go to for less gas and money. We're gonna hit up the new delish italian restaurant here in town and finally go see Eclipse. Yeay!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Kendal - what book are you reading? I just bought Steven King's Under The Dome. It's HUGE and looks like it will be good. Kindof scarey but not "IT" scarey you know? I can't handle those kinds of horror books, but I hear from my engineer its not like that. So that is good.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Lacey- I've been reading the Sookie Stackhouse (True Blood) series. Easy to read and a great plot.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Kendal- I just finished reading that series... definitely an easy quick read. The books get worse as they go along, but they're entertaining if you go into them expecting them to be cracky. Now that i've read them, it's interesting to see how the TV show lines up/doesn't line up with the story plots.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Kendal- I just finished reading that series... definitely an easy quick read. The books get worse as they go along, but they're entertaining if you go into them expecting them to be cracky. Now that i've read them, it's interesting to see how the TV show lines up/doesn't line up with the story plots.

I read all but the last three or four I think. IMO the show barely follows the storyline. BARELY. They are both equally awesome in their own rights. I tended to think the books were about this kindof rattlebrained blonde southerner gal who happens to have telepathy and lives in a world with vampires and werewolves, etc.. I took them as more lighthearted I guess and the show is much more serious.

Both good though. Id probly have to reread the ones I have so I could get going on the next one. The last one I read was the one where they were in that hotel that got blown up and Sookie was dating the were...something...wolf? cat? Can't remember.
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I know I have been away for a while and I'm sorry. I was feeling pretty down about only a 2.5 lb loss last month when all was said and done. I thought my ride had come to a standstill and was pretty bummed about it. Although I didn't stop working out or stop watching what I ate the pounds were just not moving. The other day I decided to measure myself just to see if maybe I was missing something. Well it turns out I was! I was indeed losing inches. So yesterday I thought, hmm maybe I better do my first set of progress pics, I meant to do them monthly but somehow I just forgot (I hate having my picture taken). Well looking at those pic I can see a major difference in my body from start until now, 34 lbs so far.

This week I'm hoping for the scale to finally move I have been weighing daily but not recording it, well it seems the last 3 days I have dropped 2 lbs, so it's finally starting to move again and it couldn't have come at a better time. It gave me the jump start I needed to keep pressing on as I have been even though I'm slowing down in actual pounds lost. Now, I'm not sure what promoted the restart in weight loss but the last we days I have been eating a ton of protein and maybe with all the working out im doing and how hard im pushing myself it was just what I needed, I don't know. This is the longest I have ever lasted on trying to lose weight and I am determined to see this through even though it may taken me another 18 months or so so get the next 100 lbs off. I'm good with that. The way I see it is the time is gonna go by anyways, I may as well make the right choices and see what happens without being too stressed out about the number on the scale.

I feel 100% more healthy than I did when I started 4 months ago and my stamina is increasing daily. I surprise myself that, that drive I had as a teenager still seems to be in there. I thought I had lost that 10 years ago.

Anyways, I just want to appologize for my hyatis. I have this really bad habit of folding into myself when I feel im failing or no doing as well as I should be. It's been a problem my whole life and I am really trying to change that. I don't want to hide from the world anymore, I want to live in it. One of my other issues has been reaching out to people when I need support. I usually just deal with everything myself. From having kids for the past 14 years and never more than once or twice having a babysitter, to taking on every task in the house because I want to do it myself (I have 3 kids btw). That has to stop, I can't do it all, all the time and there are people here willing to help if I let them.

Sorry for the ramble, but I'm back.

I need to go back and read the last few weeks of posts that I have missed from all you guys. I hope things are going well for everyone.

I posted some progress pics in my profile and have a new profile pic that I just took with my webcam (really crappy camera, I need to get some done with my real camera but I guess i'd have to ask someone to do it for me :P).
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I too read the Sookie Stackhouse series & loved it!!! I find that it's similar to the Dexter books/TV series in that the books are very different than the the TV series but the series is just as good as the books. I've been reading the Hollows series but took a break to read a book by the author of Fight Club. I think that if you like the Sookie Stackhouse books, you'd also like the Georgina Kincaid books (They all start out as Succubus something or other - the first one is Succubus blues). Enough of my book report.

I'm here, we're being touristy, that's about it.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Another good series similar to the Sookie books is by Kim Harrison..the Rachel Morgan series. They are EXCELLENT and funny as all get out. I've listened to them on audiobook and cannot wait until the next one comes out! I'm all caught up in the series and am impatiently waiting until February until the next one comes out.
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: NEW THREAD Y'ALL :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: