question : will eating clean help me to lose weight faster

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Read the quoted text.

I did. Perhaps it would help you on a re-read of the text if I specified who wrote what.

A person asked a question about clean eating, he got an answer from someone about clean eating, and encourages them to "do it their way". An uninvolved third party felt the need to ask why someone was telling him why he can't eat cake or chocolate -- which, of course, no one did, because no one was talking to him.
    (miller0438) Does eating clean have some advantages over just simple calorie counting?

(alwayskungfu)Well do you want to change? if yes then begin to re-educate yourself, faze out processed food, and eat fresh local home cooked food,
    avoid cakes and chocolate and eat fruit nuts seeds etc. Eat the way people did in the 1950s and be generally very active. Aim to be a better stronger version of you, one step, one day at a time, Understand the habits that got you here and set to work on building new healthy eating and exercise habits. Above all 'DO NOT COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS' this is your journey, learn to love you self, do it your way.

Good luck

(MrM27)
    Why?
    Why can't I eat cake and chocolate?

(me)
    Did anyone tell you you couldn't?
    Ah. I see. You just like to argue and will argue about anything and everything because you're probably bored.

Noted.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Healthful eating is a thing, you guys. And, it does matter. So, is enjoying food and having variety. Pizza, beer, ice cream is all part of life. But, you need to be mindful of your macros and think about health. If you don't think at all about it, why the fukc are you even on this site? Just stop being arguing douche bags and relax.

Yes, you need to be mindful of macros.

You don't need to be mindful of how "clean" your food is, unless you're talking about the absence of dirt.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Read the quoted text.

I did. Perhaps it would help you on a re-read of the text if I specified who wrote what.

A person asked a question about clean eating, he got an answer from someone about clean eating, and encourages them to "do it their way". An uninvolved third party felt the need to ask why someone was telling him why he can't eat cake or chocolate -- which, of course, no one did, because no one was talking to him.
    (miller0438) Does eating clean have some advantages over just simple calorie counting?

(alwayskungfu)Well do you want to change? if yes then begin to re-educate yourself, faze out processed food, and eat fresh local home cooked food,
    avoid cakes and chocolate and eat fruit nuts seeds etc. Eat the way people did in the 1950s and be generally very active. Aim to be a better stronger version of you, one step, one day at a time, Understand the habits that got you here and set to work on building new healthy eating and exercise habits. Above all 'DO NOT COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS' this is your journey, learn to love you self, do it your way.

Good luck

(MrM27)
    Why?

(me)
    Ah. I see. You just like to argue and will argue about anything and everything because you're probably bored.

Note made.
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Read the quoted text.

Good luck

(MrM27)
    Why?

(me)

Oh so what you are saying is someone posted a topic asking a general question. Someone else posted a strategy which I found issue with so I questioned it. That's where I went wrong ? Questioning something someone said in a public forum? OK, I get it now.

I could say the same to you. I questioned the person who said about chocolate. Which I'm still waiting for that person to come back and address. You decided to give your opinion which I did not ask for. See how it works both ways.

The person's answer only exists within the context of talking to someone who has already expressed an interest in clean eating. Someone asked how clean eating works, and the person described it to them. You somehow took that as an assault against people who don't follow clean eating, or a belief that what you're doing is wrong. It simply did not exist in the post you responded to.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Read the quoted text.

Good luck

(MrM27)
    Why?

(me)

Oh so what you are saying is someone posted a topic asking a general question. Someone else posted a strategy which I found issue with so I questioned it. That's where I went wrong ? Questioning something someone said in a public forum? OK, I get it now.

I could say the same to you. I questioned the person who said about chocolate. Which I'm still waiting for that person to come back and address. You decided to give your opinion which I did not ask for. See how it works both ways.

The person's answer only exists within the context of talking to someone who has already expressed an interest in clean eating. Someone asked how clean eating works, and the person described it to them. You somehow took that as an assault against people who don't follow clean eating, or a belief that what you're doing is wrong. It simply did not exist in the post you responded to.
    The OP asked if clean eating has advantages. The response you're defending did not, actually, answer that question. The response told the OP that he (she?) should eat clean and how to do it.

That wasn't the question.
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options

Note made.

You could have just said, "sorry, I was wrong," but whatever makes you feel better. My content on these forums speaks for itself.

Have a great day!
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Healthful eating is a thing, you guys. And, it does matter. So, is enjoying food and having variety. Pizza, beer, ice cream is all part of life. But, you need to be mindful of your macros and think about health. If you don't think at all about it, why the fukc are you even on this site? Just stop being arguing douche bags and relax.

You don't need to be mindful of how "clean" your food is, unless you're talking about the absence of dirt.

He obviously didnt see your post about the data point of your health screenings.

What I am getting from some people here are that if you dont eat Doritos and drink alcohol you are somehow better than the rest of us?

Drugs+Are+Bad+Mmmkay_6f2710_4753488.jpg
  • rml_16
    Options

Note made.

You could have just said, "sorry, I was wrong," but whatever makes you feel better. My content on these forums speaks for itself.

Have a great day!
    Why would I apologize and say I was wrong? I wasn't wrong.
  • kea9f
    kea9f Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I recently read The Fast Metabolism Diet (http://www.fastmetabolismdiet.com/) and according to that, eating clean WILL make you lose weight faster. It's something about how the chemicals your body needs to break down the food you eat for energy instead of storing it for fat are produced by your liver. But your liver also filters out all the toxins you eat (ie additives in food that aren't actually food), and if its busy doing that, its not making the chemicals you need to keep you from storing fat. I got the book from the library so I can't double check the exact reasoning for you, but that's the gist.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I recently read The Fast Metabolism Diet (http://www.fastmetabolismdiet.com/) and according to that, eating clean WILL make you lose weight faster. It's something about how the chemicals your body needs to break down the food you eat for energy instead of storing it for fat are produced by your liver. But your liver also filters out all the toxins you eat (ie additives in food that aren't actually food), and if its busy doing that, its not making the chemicals you need to keep you from storing fat. I got the book from the library so I can't double check the exact reasoning for you, but that's the gist.

This is nonsense, and that book is bunk. If the best explanation is "your liver is too busy with those toxins to prevent you from storing fat" because of "something about the chemicals" then.... no.

Forget everything you read in that book.
  • Carmella9
    Carmella9 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    People are so quick to judge!

What works for one may not work for another, everyone has different circumstances (different exercise goals, weight targets, body fat targets, PB targets and different metabolisms).

Choose what you want to do, but Im sure no one whos commented is likely to be qualified to give there opinion.

Eat clean for one week see how you feel (sticking to calorie goal)
    Eat unclean for one week see how you feel (sticking to calorie goal)

..... then choose the one that makes you feel the best (more energised and awake) SIMPLE.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    h8B3C8C0F
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Especially considering you can get broccoli on a pizza, but can't get pizza on broccoli.

Challenge-Accepted-2f2xs0v.jpg

HA! I had exactly the same thought, you could totes do that!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

So...you're saying I can't eat dirt? Douche.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Sigh. I've got this one on my kindle, because I always read the junk science books tossed around here, but I only got 25 pages in before it made me hate myself. And, by association, hate the very idea of "clean eating" just a little bit more than I already do.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    no, its eating at a deficit....clean eating is not putting chemicals in your body. still have calories.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean by clean eating, and I have to say this.

You lose weight by a eating a calorie deficit no matter what the food is. if you have like 1,800 calories to eat in a day, some clean foods might have less calories and therefore you could eat more of it than some other food choices. Thats the advantage to some clean foods (i.e. fresh spinach vs frozen spinach souffle that you buy in the grocery freezer.)

Clean eating might enable you to feel better, because you would be eating more fruits and veg rather than hotdogs and cookies.

so if you feel better choosing those foods, by all means do so and dont let anyone tell you not to. if eating that way and you see weight loss, it is then shown to be working for you. Some people feel the need to eat cookies and cake on their diet, others feel they want to choose fruit and veg and that is fine too.

Do what YOU want to do, and dont let anyone stop you or make fun of you for wanting to "eat clean". Especdially if it works for you.

Well said.

No, eating "clean" will not help you lose weight faster.

thank the Lord, i finally worded it right :)