Replies

• Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    2000-2200
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    5'4" 130 lbs on maintenance--I eat 1600ish on rest days, and I eat back most of my exercise calories, usually somewhere around 2000.
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" , 199, and eat around 1700-1900 on an active day. Lazy days are about 1450. And I do eat back most of my exercise calories
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    5'4"
    Not sure of current weight as my weighing scales have died. I was 147 last time I weighed, and I suspect about 145 now maybe.

My current goal is 1500 + exercise calories. Not exercising much lately as in anything hardcore as I have Glandular Fever and no energy. I often come home from work and have a nap.

Anyway, once I get back to normal (did a jog today on my day off, going to the gym tomorrow for the first time in about a month!) and get back to the gym 2-3 x a week with weights + HIIT, plus dog walks every evening, I'll up my goal again. I was losing on about 1800 before.

In brief, 1500 when I'm not as active - 1800 when working out regularly. I hope to maintain on 2000ish.
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I just joined a few weeks ago and per the MFP instruction I am on 1200 calories. I try to be right under it most days. I am 45 and 5 foot 4. I'm curious as to why others who are shorter than me have more calories. Am I doing something wrong whe I calculated how much I wanted to lose. I have about 15lbs to go to goal.

Your suppose to eat back your exercise calories!!

What do you have your weight loss set to - 2 pounds a week? 1 pound per week? with only 15 pounds to go, it should be at .5 per week and it will give you more calories to eat.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and 148.5 pounds(yes .5 counts). I recently changed my goal to lose 0.5 pound per week, because the calories earlier seems too low for me. Even this is low for me ..LOL.. I eat back all the exercise calories on top of that. I seem to be doing ok. Have lost 24 pounds till now and weight loss has slowed down as expected, but i am not in hurry and i love my food!
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    1380 daily and I eat back maybe 50% of my excercise calories....:flowerforyou:
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    5'2 33yo 121-124lbs. Currently trying to find my true maintenance level and eating 2100 cals. Calculators have me at 2100-2300 and I increase slowly each week to watch trends. I lift 3-4 days a week and run 3 currently but when I'm not prepping for a race I only do cardio 1-2 times a week. When cutting, I eat 1700-1800.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Don't mean to be rude, but to those of you who posted that you're 5'1" or shorter, but eating 1450 calories or more on rest days: how much do you weigh? I'm 5'1" and my no exercise maintenance is 1320! BUT, I'm 99 pounds. Height can't be the only factor here. Just curious, again, not trying to be rude.

My BMR alone is 1400 bc I have a high amount of muscle. More muscle mass=More calories burned at rest. Conclusion? I burn more sitting than someone my same size with a higher body fat than me. Thus, I get to eat more! ????????????
  • amcj000205
    Options
    i'm a newbie...and I'm learning...quick question are you supposed to use up the extra calories earned after a workout?

Please add me, would like more weightloss buddies :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    ok...so I'm VERY NEW to dieting and I'm apparently clueless to what I'm suppose to be doing but how can you eat so many calories and still lose weight? I thought you ate less calories=weight loss? I workout out guaranteed for 30 minutes of the 30DS and i try to jog/run/walk at least 2x/week. My calorie goal is 1100. Is that right?

Not likely.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    i'm a newbie...and I'm learning...quick question are you supposed to use up the extra calories earned after a workout?

Please add me, would like more weightloss buddies :)

Yes.
  • Banoon1984
    Banoon1984 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5 feet tall. About 120lbs right now. I work out 5-6 days a week. Cardio and weights/strength training. Sometimes also yoga. I don't sit at work (standing desk) and generally move around a lot. I'm also pretty active during my rest days (ie cleaning whole house, cooking and doing meal prep on weekends). I lost about 40 lbs using MFP and then gained about 8lbs of muscle mass. I have seen a sports registered dietician. She works with Olympic athletes so she knows her staff. I completed body mass composition testing with her and my BMR is 1200. She said to never ever eat under 1600 cal based on my lifestyle and BMR. In fact during most active days her calculations told me to eat between 2000-2200 cal. This seemed and still seems waaaay too high for a tiny person like me. I never really followed this count (excluding odd cheat days). I'm in a dilemma because I am not leaning out as much as id like despite making every possible change I can think of (more water, more sleep, less stress, more HIIT workouts, heavier weights). Does anyone think I should eat as much as was recommended? I eat around 1600-1800 on active days and 1600 on weekends.

Anna
  • Loralrose
    Loralrose Posts: 203
    Options
    I eat 2000-2600 a day, losing somewhere between .5 and 1 lb a week. I'm 5'8 and very active.
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My goal with MFP is 1820 a day. I net about 1,700 most days, but I eat more like 2,100. I am 5'4" and in the low 200's right now.

I have my goal set to lose 1 lb a week but I've been averaging more like 1.5-2 lbs a week. I guess maybe that's because I'm breastfeeding too? I don't know . . . my baby is older and only nurses about 4 times a day. Does that still burn 500 calories a day? I guess that would explain my extra losses, if it does.

Now I'm afraid to wean!
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I net around 1200. If I exercise, I will "eat back" my calories usually. I'm 5 1.5" and weigh around 120.
  • MemphisHellFire
    MemphisHellFire Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    2000+ on workout days and 1800-1900 on rest, im 5'3 and weight 139, got a few more pounds to loose :)
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet tall. About 120lbs right now. I work out 5-6 days a week. Cardio and weights/strength training. Sometimes also yoga. I don't sit at work (standing desk) and generally move around a lot. I'm also pretty active during my rest days (ie cleaning whole house, cooking and doing meal prep on weekends). I lost about 40 lbs using MFP and then gained about 8lbs of muscle mass. I have seen a sports registered dietician. She works with Olympic athletes so she knows her staff. I completed body mass composition testing with her and my BMR is 1200. She said to never ever eat under 1600 cal based on my lifestyle and BMR. In fact during most active days her calculations told me to eat between 2000-2200 cal. This seemed and still seems waaaay too high for a tiny person like me. I never really followed this count (excluding odd cheat days). I'm in a dilemma because I am not leaning out as much as id like despite making every possible change I can think of (more water, more sleep, less stress, more HIIT workouts, heavier weights). Does anyone think I should eat as much as was recommended? I eat around 1600-1800 on active days and 1600 on weekends.

Anna

Well, I'm 5' 2" maybe, 53 years old, not as active as you, and I am losing on 2,000.
  • ChristineRoze
    ChristineRoze Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1500 calories a day, i lose 150 calories from walking on the treadmill and i have a active job.

I'm going to up the calories to maintain level when i reach my goal weight

I'm 5'8, 22 years old