I Ate 1500cals at Once Last Night - WTH?

Options
First of all, I know why I did it. I got a low blood sugar from too much insulin taken (Im T1 diabetic) and I lost control for treating the low. I went wayyy over board and wasn't thinking right. The only thing on my mind was stuff face until this "low" feeling went away. I know thats not how im supposed to do it but hey, i am still human and i did it. Now, what im wondering is 1500 cal overload gonna set me back anyway? Like have to wait a week longer to reach my goal or just screw it and move on - nothing i can do?

Replies

• KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I mean there's really nothing you can do for an overeat that extreme. If your daily calorie limit is not already low, you could cut back a little bit the rest of the week, and/or bump up your exercise level this week, but IMO it's not worth it. Just move on. It happens to most of us at some point, and as long as you're back on track, it's okay. People of normal weight overeat sometimes too, it's just a matter of being in control MOST of the time.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Your diary shows you went over by 1200. You're showing a 500/day deficit plan. So you set yourself a couple days back. It's not a big deal.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I would go ahead and delete the "Quick Add Calories" and actually log what it was you ate last night. Be more accountable to yourself.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I would go ahead and delete the "Quick Add Calories" and actually log what it was you ate last night. Be more accountable to yourself.

NO! I don't want too. It bothers me what I ate. I need to try my best to avoid lows because they are what cause my bingeing.
  • MB_Positif
    Options

NO! I don't want too. It bothers me what I ate. I need to try my best to avoid lows because they are what cause my bingeing.

The rationale I have behind logging it is that it might help you identify trigger foods and the feelings that led you to those foods. If you won't own up and log it here, I suggest you at least start a written food journal of some sort.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Oh man, a couple weeks back I had a piece of ribeye that was at least 1700 calories on its own.

So good.
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    Oh man, a couple weeks back I had a piece of ribeye that was at least 1700 calories on its own.

So good.

oh man, I LOVE ribeye!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

NO! I don't want too. It bothers me what I ate.

There's an attitude for long-term success.

:noway:
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I ate 1040 in one sitting last night. An entire big bag of dill pickle chips.

tumblr_miedz5bO6v1s10m6fo1_250.gif
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Here you go, Barbara: http://bit.ly/15XLnDT
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    Another thing that might help is keeping processed foods out of the house. I have noticed you eat a fair amount of Butterball turkey and packaged snacks. If convenience food wasn't there you probably wouldn't binge.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Here you go, Barbara: http://bit.ly/15XLnDT

BAHAHA.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I ate a cup and a half of ice cream and a portion of chips last night. Still within my cals and macros.

tumblr_lvwy46vAyK1r6aoq4o1_500.gif
  • mbcaldwell123
    mbcaldwell123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to binge right now!!!!!!!!!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I ate half a large pizza and half an order of bread sticks a few weeks ago (about 8 weeks before my bodybuilding competition).
    jX6ej27042.jpg
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options

The rationale I have behind logging it is that it might help you identify trigger foods and the feelings that led you to those foods. If you won't own up and log it here, I suggest you at least start a written food journal of some sort.

Nothing to do with that. When u have a low blood sugar, you're brain doesn't function properly. You can cry, laugh and get mad all in 2 minutes together. But u do know that you have to eat to get your sugar back up and sometimes diabetics go crazy and eat alot to get the sugar up. To avoid this, drinking oj or apple juice works best because it works fast. Last night i didn't have access to that.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Nothing to do with that. When u have a low blood sugar, you're brain doesn't function properly. You can cry, laugh and get mad all in 2 minutes together. But u do know that you have to eat to get your sugar back up and sometimes diabetics go crazy and eat alot to get the sugar up. To avoid this, drinking oj or apple juice works best because it works fast. Last night i didn't have access to that.

I'm not hypoglycemic or nothin, but I'm pretty sure that having low blood sugar doesn't mean you need to eat until you puke.
  • jclark0523
    jclark0523 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    There are still a 3 days left in the week. See if you can burn off enough through exercise to put you under for the week. I crushed some Heinekens watching Monday Night Football an have been hitting it hard all week to get back under my calories for this week. Finally made it back under yesterday.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I ate 1040 in one sitting last night. An entire big bag of dill pickle chips.

tumblr_miedz5bO6v1s10m6fo1_250.gif
    We must be related. Dill pickle chips are the best. :love: