Girls around 5ft 4in, weight and jean size please!

Options

Replies

• AbstractAsterism
    AbstractAsterism Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    5'4", 288 lbs, size 24 jeans.
  • jocanlose
    jocanlose Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    5ft 4ins 153lbs 10.13 in stones and I wear a UK size 14
  • Frankii_x
    Options
    5ft4 - 169lbs - UK size 14 (which I believe is US size 10)
  • SimplyDenyse
    SimplyDenyse Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4
    I started out at 187lbs wearing a very tight size 14.
    Im currently 155lbs and wearing a size 8.
  • acloern1985
    acloern1985 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    5'4" SW: 181 Wearing 14

Currently, I'm 150 wearing 8-10 depending on brands (American Eagle - 8, Designer brands 10) . I have a butt though, so I don't go down quickly in pants sizes.
  • leslieleet
    leslieleet Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm the same size and weight as you and I wear an 18-20--soon to be a 16 as i am recently committed to not wanting to be this size anymore. my BIGGEST failing is comparing myself to others--others lose weight faster, they have flatter tummys and are the same size or carry their weight differently. the fact is, I'm large and unhealthy--if i want to be a smaller size, i have to stop driving through Taco Bell. Today is day one (again) join me?

leslie
  • blondiebabe92
    blondiebabe92 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't taller mean bigger jeans? Tall people typically have a larger structure.

not necessarily. At 239 pounds and almost 6ft I wear a size 14-16. When I was down to almost 200 I could do a 10-12 depending on brand. My nest friend is the same height and she wears smalls and a size 4ish. All size measures is around usually. WE do have to buy long sizes and a little luck is people always think we weigh less then we do.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    5'4", currently 125 lbs, wear a 10 Petite which is slightly loose, but the 8's are too snug for me...usually prefer Levi's, Lee's, & Penny's St. John's Bay. My daughter is 5'4", also 125, but she likes the size 8's.

On sizing though, it REALLY depends on the brand, the more expensive the brand, the more they do vanity sizing...calling what would be a larger size in less expensive brands, by a smaller number, so that wealthy women can brag about WEARING a smaller size, even if their body is larger. So if you would wear a 10 in jeans you could get at Walmart or Penney's, you'd probably be a 6 in a more expensive brand. They had a story in the TV Guide about one of the Biggest Loser contestants who'd been eliminated, what her weight was, & what size she was wearing. They got a lot of letters expressing doubt from readers. It was clarified that some stores have different sizing. But all the vanity sizing by various stores just makes it harder to find what fits you. The bad thing is that when people try to squeeze into a smaller size, that just makes the clothes look much less flattering & makes anyone who is overweight look worse. Better to find whatever size fits right, but not tight. :-)
  • Lanaye912
    Lanaye912 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"4 & weigh 150 (used to weigh over 210) and I wear a size 11/12 in jeans (have big thighs & butt so probably would wear a smaller size).
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Yeah it just depends on where your weight falls on your person. I'm 5'2" and 240ish and wear a size 18-20.
  • KatOls49
    Options
    I am currently 230 lbs and 5'3" for height. I wear a size 18 or 20 but the 20's are falling off me now
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    im 5'3 186lbs and wear around a size14-16, i have a 45 1/2 inch butt, so that plays a big roll lol
  • effrontery
    effrontery Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    5'4", 197, wear either 14s or 16s depending on the jeans.

(It's interesting to me, because when I was in college, I weighed around 180, and I was a size 14 then. I'm with one of the OPs who said that sizes have changed over the years...I definitely think sizes have increased a little.)
  • eanderson85
    eanderson85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just under 5'5", 166 and I wear either a 10 or 12 right now depends on brand.
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Sizing today is completely arbitrary.

Just because it zips, doesn't mean it fits.

Buy what fits best. The only one who knows the number is you!
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    On sizing though, it REALLY depends on the brand, the more expensive the brand, the more they do vanity sizing...calling what would be a larger size in less expensive brands, by a smaller number, so that wealthy women can brag about WEARING a smaller size, even if their body is larger.
    Actually, this is false. The NY Times did some research and found out exactly the opposite. The more expensive the brand, the LESS likely they are to have vanity pricing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/25/business/25sizing.html

For example, among Gap brands Banana Republic (more expensive brand) is sized smaller than Old Navy. A size 2 hip in Old Navy is equivalent to a size 8 hip in Banana Republic.

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2011/04/24/business/20110425_SIZE_graphic.html?ref=business
  • emelia_
    Options
    I'm almost 5'4! I weigh 112 lbs and it depends on the brand but I usually wear a size 2.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Just under 5'5. 152 lbs. Size 8. I can get 6s on but still snug. Probably comfortable in another 5-7 lbs.
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Im 5'3" 120 size 0-1 depending on brand.
    it also differs what size because of brand and where someone "carries" their weight. like my cousin is barely 5 foot, weighs around 95-100 pounds, and we wear the same pants, we trade back and forth all the time
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5", new weight 219 and still in my 16's. It depends on your body type, brand of jeans, and the country they are from. I wouldn't worry about comparing yourself to others, you are more than a number on a tag.