Girls around 5ft 4in, weight and jean size please!

Options

Replies

• marianb2001
    marianb2001 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 3.5'. Currently 134lbs. I wear US size 8 right now, but plan on getting into 6 or 4 soon. HOWEVER I have no butt and my weight is around my middle hence the 8. I was in a 12 when I was weighing in at 146. I really think that it all depends on where our inches are, and that jean size cannot be estimated on hieght/weight alone. My friend wears size 4, but she has a butt and a tiny little waist. Same hieght and weight as me. I say just find the pair that makes you feel comfortable and look fabulous and scratch out the size with a Sharpie if you like. :smile:
  • CrazyCatLadylovescats
    Options
    5'4", 144 lbs and wear a size 8 jean. Ten years ago those pants would have been size 12. This is also Walmart brand size 8, so more pricey stores may have a different size to appeal to their customers and help them feel "better."
  • sandytoshiko
    sandytoshiko Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3", 147 lbs, and a size 8 pant.

A lady at work earlier today very rudely told me not to get too excited because how woman's pants are sized are a lot different than they used to be. Well you know...I am still freakin ecstatic considering I was in 16-18 less than a year ago!!

Forget her! What a %{<}]€! Tell her you live in 2013. And in 2013 you successfully cut your size in HALF!

You should be proud! Good job!
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    5'3.6
    SW: 255 size 22-24 us
    CW: 234 size 20-22 us
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5" and I'm 148lbs, just bought skinny jeans for the first time, they were a size 9. My daughter was with me, she's 5'6" and weights 145 and bought size 9 as well. Interestingly, I threw on the size 7 she couldn't fit into and they fit me, but I'm not comfortable wearing things that tight.
  • lovebig30
    lovebig30 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    height 5'4' cw 225 I can wear between a 14 and 18 depending on the brand of jeans.my workout shorts are a large 12-14 from danski the xl 16-18 is too big and tend to not stay in place when iam working out waist band rides up because there not enough to fill them out anymore.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    5'4
    size 9/10 depending on the brand
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4, I weigh 201, and I'm just fitting into 12s, but most of my stuff are 14s.
    It honestly depends on your build and where you carry your weight. I know people around my weight that are my height still in a size 16. They have larger hips/butt/thighs than I do. My weight is very proportionate over my entire body. I don't really have an area that's heavier than another. I carry a lot around the middle, but that doesn't affect my pant size.
  • kaligrl1
    Options
    5'2 weight is 186 and wear a 12-14
  • sweetasunshine
    sweetasunshine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and weigh 132, wear a size 4 or 6
  • winterasylum
    Options
    I'm 5'4'' and I'm 110 lbs and my jean size is a 3-4.

Edit: I buy my jeans in junior's, not women's sizes.
  • Kimpossible1230
    Options
    5'4 Currently 200.6 in a comfortable 16 (first time EVER!). I find Jeans are more difficult to judge. I've been wearing 16 dress pants for about 10 to 15lbs now and just Sunday I tried on 16 jeans and they are comfy. I'm hoping the jump from 16 to 14 is much quicker than it was from 18 to 20.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    5'4.5" (that extra half inch is very helpful when I am feeling low)
    121 lbs
    Size 6 (jeans)
    But I have small bones and narrow shoulders so I am XS-S on top. No boobs!

Also, when I was very fit 115, I was a size 0-2. When I was a moderate 121 (but before I had a kid) I was a size 4.
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3", 147 lbs, and a size 8 pant.

A lady at work earlier today very rudely told me not to get too excited because how woman's pants are sized are a lot different than they used to be. Well you know...I am still freakin ecstatic considering I was in 16-18 less than a year ago!!

Forget her! What a %{<}]€! Tell her you live in 2013. And in 2013 you successfully cut your size in HALF!

You should be proud! Good job!

Thank you!! I really hate rude people who are just unhappy with themselves and have to cut you down!
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this has been posted already but you might check out: http://www.mybodygallery.com It's a collection of photos of women that you can sort by height, weight, age, size, etc... It's really interesting to see how different people can look at the same weight.

Also I'm just over 5'3", I'm 152lbs, and the last pair of jeans I bought was a size 10.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and weigh 132, wear a size 4 or 6

Yep, I'm 5'3.75 and weigh 136 as of this morning, and I wear a 4 or 6 (usually a 6, though).
  • cyoung0317
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 175 lbs. I wear a size 10 or 12!
  • vonirae2
    Options
    5' 4" started at 186, down to 170.
  • msjeannettea
    msjeannettea Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    5'2 and 185 lbs.... jean size i go between a 14 and a 12.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4, I weigh 201, and I'm just fitting into 12s, but most of my stuff are 14s.
    It honestly depends on your build and where you carry your weight. I know people around my weight that are my height still in a size 16. They have larger hips/butt/thighs than I do. My weight is very proportionate over my entire body. I don't really have an area that's heavier than another. I carry a lot around the middle, but that doesn't affect my pant size.

I'm the same, almost all my weight is in my stomach/upper stomach area and it doesn't really seem to matter when it comes to jeans. I know I probably shouldn't have 4s that fit because I need about another 15 lb at least before I'll be at a BMI of 20-21. There's no way I'm tiny enough. I just carry it in my chest (34DD) and upper stomach, so jeans will zip right up over my non-existent butt :D