WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    it.

:flowerforyou: Donna, can’t wait to see a picture of you in your wedding dress……there’s a site called “Photo Bucket” that some of us use to put pictures in the middle of our posts…..I’m just learning how to use it.

Barbie.... I am trying photobucket and I have used every copy and paste option and it's still not working for me. What am I doing wrong?

when you choose a picture in your Photo Bucket collection it gives you a lot of choices of links or codes
    use the one that says IMG
    copy and paste it into your post, then change the IMG at the beginning and the end to img
    change the upper case letters to lower case
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I knew Barbiecat would have the answer. :wink: :smile:

As for me, I spent an expensive afternoon at the vet's office. The clinic I go to is inside the Petsmart store and they are open 7 days a week. I noticed Mai Li was liking on her left front leg with great (you might say "dogged":noway: :bigsmile: ) determination.

Turns out whatever was bothering her got infected, but before we figured out it was a abscess, this lump looked like a tumor that had appeared out of nowhere. $130 later, we came home with a topical ointment, pills, and she got a shot besides. I had them bandage her leg to keep her from bothering it. Yeah right. In the time it took me to walk in the door and put my keys and purse down, she had gone in the bedroom and made like Houdini and managed to get the whole darn thing OFF!!:grumble: :mad: So now I get to convince her that she is having another bandage put back on. That oughta be LOTS of fun--NOT!!

If you hear naughty words coming from my direction, you know we are having a "discussion" about the process.:laugh:

Have a good night all. If I still have both my arms and all my fingers,:huh: :noway: I will be able to post later or tomorrow!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Barb
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    My grand daughters :heart: :heart: :heart:

mygrandkids001.jpg
  • Raynedancer
    Raynedancer Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Cathy,
    Since your daily use is 1570 the only way to increase your weight loss is thru exercise but that will not show in you goals for weekly weightloss. it will show up as you post your daily exercise. I am in the same boat. I can only get about .7 pounds lost thru diet and I do the rest thru exercise. I hope this makes sense.

You shouldn't go below 1200 daily calorie goals. I think your confusion is in the fact that exercise goals show up but they aren't calculated in your weght loss goal because you have to log them separately every day.

Thank you, Robin. This does help. So....I have to increase my exercise. Then I must also consume the calories that I burned off also?
    For eg.: I burn off 370 cal. via exercise...so I must consume the 1200 + 370 to = 1570 calories eaten?
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    no in your case you don't want to consume all your exercise cal cuz you are creating a deficit with them. you want left over calories at the end of the day so that the weight "you will be in 5 weeks" is closer to what you are trying to acheive. I try to keep a 500 cal deficit on the food page every day to lose an extra pound. (haven't been very successful lately but thats cuz I have been slacking lately)
  • donna56
    Options

mygrandkids001.jpg

OKay, I guess I'll give up for the night cuz I am changing to lower case and all I am getting now is that my photo has been deleted or moved, NOT!!
  • donna56
    Options
    I'll try a pic of my dress:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

th_mee.jpg

really frustrated... wth?
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options

mygrandkids001.jpg

OKay, I guess I'll give up for the night cuz I am changing to lower case and all I am getting now is that my photo has been deleted or moved, NOT!!

I know others have had this problem andI am not sure why. It has worked just fine for me and others but then some have the issue you are having. I am not sure what to tell you.
  • donna56
    Options
    Good night:sad: :sad: :sad:

Thanks Robin and Barbie. I really appreciate your help. I don't know what the problem is either. However, I put the pics on my profile if anyone wants to see them :smile:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Donna,

Did some googling and found a possible reason why your image disappeared. Here is a quote from a forum post where someone was having a similar issue: "If the photo is moved on the photobucket site, it's as good as being deleted when it comes to any of the links to the original. They do not have a smart mov e system in place. I believe the same can be said for any of the other image hosting services."

Did you by chance make some changes in the way you had your images organize on the photobucket site after you saved them there? If nothing else. Try saving the same image again. Good luck.

Barb
  • Raynedancer
    Raynedancer Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    no in your case you don't want to consume all your exercise cal cuz you are creating a deficit with them. you want left over calories at the end of the day so that the weight "you will be in 5 weeks" is closer to what you are trying to acheive. I try to keep a 500 cal deficit on the food page every day to lose an extra pound. (haven't been very successful lately but thats cuz I have been slacking lately)

Wow...now that makes sense...it finally just clicked. Thanks soooo much. ( I have been reading the forums, and I kept seeing that you must "eat" those calories you burned...which didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. ) Ok, I feel better now, so I think I will go get a good night's sleep and start again tomorrow. Thanks again .

Have a goodnight :smile:
  • donna56
    Options
    ?????
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    It's only the first day of Aug. and already I'm behind! :laugh:

For my July goals, I only did okay... I had a lot going on at work and I got into this "f, that I just don't care" mode. It was interesting that what went to pot was not my eating. It was my sleep. I started staying up late again and not getting enough sleep. I was shocked at how quickly it was to slip right back into that habit when I had been doing okay before that.

I did my AquaBike though! I did okay on the time. I don't have the official results yet. But I went over my swim time by at least 5 min and over my bike time by at least 6 min. I was under on my transition from swim to bike though! :happy:

Overall, I was happy. I felt like I could have done a better job on the pacing of the bike -- my first loop was 3:45 but the second was over 4:35 because I was so beat -- but I also felt like I could have gone out and run, if I'd had to. Also, at that point, if it had been a full Ironman race, I would have had 7:13 to finish the run part before the cut off. I could do that even if I had to walk most of it. Plus, the bike course on my Ironman is easier than the bike course on this race. So, I still have work to do, but I am at the point where I know I can finish the Ironman if it happened today. Now I just need to get my calf healed up and get my run fitness back, get slightly faster on the swim and the bike and my time goals are within reach!

So, for Aug... I'm going to concentrate on healing my calf. I can go back to PT and I'm going to do whatever the doctor says to get this injury healed! I'm going to get enough sleep and enough water and eat as healthy as I can so that my body is rested and can put all its energy towards resting.
  • Erica_q
    Erica_q Posts: 41
    Options
    Good Evening Ladies,

Vacation Bible School starts tomorrow, so I need to get to bed early tonight. I wanted to check in before I ended my day. I didn't have time to read everyone's posts, again, but I will try to get back into the swing of things tomorrow.

Chiclet - awesome feeling being able to fit into something you haven't been able to wear in awhile! :happy: Congrats!!!!

I have put my August goals in my signature, so if you all would check on me from time to time to make sure I'm working on them, I'd appreciate it. If I'm accountable to someone, I'm more apt to do them. Who better to be accountable to than all of you! :laugh:

The scale hasn't been cooperating lately, but I'm hanging in there. I found out yesterday that my hours at school are being cut in the fall :frown: , which isn't going to help our financial situation. I haven't had a chance to call my supervisor, yet, so I don't know why. We have a new lady joining us, and they gave her my hours. My coworker told me. She's just as upset as I am. :grumble: (I work in a school cafeteria.)
  • Erica_q
    Erica_q Posts: 41
    Options
    Sorry, I accidentally hit the reply button.

Anyway, I'll be talking to my supervisor tomorrow, so I can get my questions answered.

I better go. Goodnight all. Have a great day tomorrow. I won't be able to log on until the evening.

Erica
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Good night:sad: :sad: :sad:

Thanks Robin and Barbie. I really appreciate your help. I don't know what the problem is either. However, I put the pics on my profile if anyone wants to see them :smile:

Hi Donna. You may be choosing the wrong code. In your post you have the code starting and ending with URL. You need to pick the one starting and ending with IMG. Click on copy. Then, once you paste it in the MFP post, change the IMG at the start and the end from CAPS to lower case img. Ensure you don't change any of the other symbols, letters or numbers.

Good luck

Rebel
  • mimi7grands
    Options
    Just a quick post to say I EXERCISED FOR 2 HOURS TODAY! :happy: I know lots of you do that and more but it's a first for me. Thanks to all of you exercisers for the inspiration. :flowerforyou: It doesn't "feel" like it, but I have to think getting to like exercise will be similar to getting to like eating healthy food. And I love healthy food (fruits and veggies, especially) so I have high hopes for exercise.
    :heart:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    When I have the plain greek yogurt, many times I just add a tsp of honey to it, just to give it a little "something".

Donna and Amanda - I'm STILL waiting for Vince to replace the curtain rod in our bedroom. Then again, it's ONLY been 2 years that I've been waiting....lol He's Mr. OCD - you should see him putting up pictures, everything has got to be lined up just exactly perfect. It's sometimes hilarious to watch. I don't do it because I wouldn't do it right

Just got back from helping Jessica move. Think I did OK on my food choices. Please, people, check out my diary and let me know if there's anything else that I should have done. Remember, we were in the car driving most of Sat. so I really didn't feel like eating much. Then this gal that Jessica wanted us to help (and we did) move one of her big items into storage wanted to have lunch with us. We went to Panara. I just had a turkey but on rye rather than the Asiago cheese bread it comes with and with just lettuce and tomato. Oh, the Marriott was having this "breakfast special" for $10, so we took it. If you're ever staying at a Marriott where they have the bistro and not the buffet, don't take it. I was mega, mega disappointed. I really wanted to have some fruit and eggs, but if I got the eggs (which came with Canadian bacon of which I only ate 1 slice, Havarti cheese which I'd never heard of so I had on the side <it's not that bad, but when I looked at the calories boy, it sure isn't very diet friendly> 2 egg whites, spinach on an English muffin. I had them hold the muffin so I just had the egg whites, spinach, 1 piece of the Canadian bacon (I'm just not a real big fan of Canadian bacon) and the cheese. I was to get a drink so I took a 25oz bottle of water. If you wanted yogurt -- that was extra. They did have cereal -- but was it in these big bowls! I didn't want that much (not to mention the calories and added sugars). So if you're staying at a Marriott and they have the bistro -- don't bother, it really isn't worth the money. Here we thought for $10 we were going to get a Marriott buffet. So much for that. Vince doesn't like eggs and EVERYTHING except for the cereal was eggs. They did have French toast, but that is egg based. No waffles. Interesting....if Eggo can make a frozen waffle, you would think they would have it. I'm sure Vince is going to send them his feelings. He's a platinum member so they will hopefully read his comments. He became a Marriott rewards member when they first offered the plan.

Didn't exercise this weekend. Well, I did yoga Sat. but nothing formal Sunday. Did lots of stair climbing, tho.....lol

Thank you, Donna, for posting that link for the hummus recipes

Laura - congrats on reaching your goal. Awesome

chicklet - that's great that the pants fit you. WTG girl!

Donna - that's great that you get to see your grandchildren. What a great day this is!

Happy birthday Jackie

You know, all this weekend while we were helping Jessica, so many times she'd comment to Vince that she worries about him (she gets the worry gene from me...lol) because of his heart, but then she gave me a great compliment. She said "I don't worry about mom, she's in good health. She takes care of herself". That's my girl!

Welcome Bec! While I'm not a teacher, I'm sure people on this board will be able to more than help you out.

Welcome Iowamama

Barb (weaklink) - Jessica works in a Petsmart.

Mimi - can you give me some ideas? What veggies do you have handy in your refrig for snacking on? I'm not talking about something that you've roasted, I'm talking raw. On the other hand, I guess I could roast them and then keep them in the fridge. Ideas, which veges do you use and how do you roast them.

Well, going to bed, it's only 3:30. Going to the Y to use their Stair Master tomorrow. Then Tues is that personal trainer.

Michele
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    n614766479_632568_261.jpg

I was giving photobucket a try. This is a pic of myself with my two gorgeous daughters x
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    6211_132074126420_626226420_3634757_4253570_n.jpg

This was taken before I lost my weight. Gulp - I was huge! x