WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST

Options

Replies

• MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    How can 2 sisters have such different body types? She has always been thin and can eat like a horse. I have had periods of thinness, but have been up & down my entire life. Everything I eat, I wear.
    Two different parents. :wink:

My sisters are both tall with dark brown hair. I am short and curvy with light brown (originally blonde) hair. They take more after my father and I take after my mother's side. I did get my boobies from Dad's side though (and thank god for that) while my taller sisters got them from Mom's side. Bwahahaha.

Just kidding. One of my sisters has never had a weight problem and the other is morbidly obese. I don't know if she goes up and down because, for various reasons, I don't talk to her. I went up and down though. But more up than down as time went on.

Interestingly, I am lean right now. But still curvy. I'm a D cup , for example. Also, my jeans tend to gap at the waist. Though some of that is loose skin. If I get PS, I might even go down a size in pants. But I doubt I'll ever by a Junior size like my sisters.
  • mynyddisamrs
    Options
    A later than usual "Good Evening" .......:ohwell: .one of those days today!!

Still chilly and cloudy today. A bit dismal.

:wink: The highlight was wheeling mum up to the chemist to get her prescription. It can't get better than that can it!!!

The scales were back to 153lbs ...up 1.5lbs ...don't really know why ...I'd stayed in my calories. Never mind .....
    tomorrow is another day. All mum's bad temper (unusual for her) and my short temper will no doubt be forgotten ...and I'll be 145lbs ...i:laugh: n my dreams!!

Still tomorrow ....DH and I will be let loose in Chester and we can have a civilised lunch out. I'm sure mum will enjoy her day too!

:heart: I love all the photos ladies ....I haven't got around to taking any of my "posh frocks" yet ...or rather DH hasn't. Perhaps lose a few more pounds before we inflict that on you all!!

So ...it's bye for now ...and back tomorrow
    :heart: Jackie
  • ainslieglen
    Options
    Hey all!

I was just about to launch into a major whine here:sad: when I read your post, Barb(weaklink) and decided I don't really deserve one! I feel so sorry for your friend with the double loss of both someone she cared about, AND income! I pray she finds another client to take up the slack.

Amanda and Donna...I really enjoyed seeing the pics you posted......very attractive people!:smile: It's fun to have faces to go with the names. Thanks.

Laura, Rj and all of you who commiserated with me over my lousy July.....Thank you from the bottom of my heart.:heart: I needed the kind words of encouragement. There are times for all of us, I'm sure, when every day seems like a long hard climb.
    Then I read a post like Barb's and I'm reminded how blessed most of us are.:smile:

I only blew a few days in July, but I was stuck at the same weight and when I had a couple of stressful things happen, I went out and bought candy(lots of it) cigarettes, stopped drinking water and didn't eat well.:sad: At the end of my Pity Party I was up 3 pounds. Geez, constructive way to deal with stress:noway:

I'm back on track now, and won't get on the scale again until Saturday. Hope to he-l I will lose some before then:drinker:

I don't enjoy drinking water at all, and it's the easiest thing for me to slip up on. Why can't it be wine???:cry:

Everyone have a good week, drink your water and be happy. Do something nice for yourselves...you deserve it:flowerforyou:

Hugs from a formerly chunky ole broad:bigsmile: Elizabeth:smokin: (Gotta stop smoking..AGAIN!!)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,971 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I am actively working on helping my knee heal
    that means that I am sitting with an ice pack on my knee and actively resisting the desire to go outside and do something in the garden in the beautiful and rare sunshine----North Wales, London, and NW Washington have a lot in common in weather---thus we are so very appreciative of every moment of sunshine :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: thank you to those of you who commented on my new glasses and new hairstyle.......the story about the hair is that the woman who cuts my hair took six weeks off to have a baby and told me that the other woman in the shop would do a good job, so when I went in, I said "cut it short and make it look cute"......since she has shorter hair than the regular stylist, she cut my hair shorter and I love it........I got the new glasses in March and changed from giant round frames to smaller lenses with no visible frame---this was the first change in decades.

:flowerforyou: when I got back from the dog park I fixed a favorite easy snack
    a bag of frozen broccoli and cauliflower microwaved in the bag, poured into a bowl and seasoned with garlic powder and "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray.
    a lot to eat for only 100 calories and almost no preparation.

:flowerforyou: Doobiedoo, look at the top of this page and click on the word "Signature", that's where you can write your goal and a motivating quote........I agree that having my goals where I can see them is very helpful and that goals should be achievable and realistic.

:flowerforyou: Amanda, I love all your pics especially the one with you and DH :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Donna, I love your pics, too, and that you kept on trying until you got it right......that never give up quality will serve you well.

:flowerforyou: Suezzzque, congrats on your new dog....he's lucky to have found you. :bigsmile:

I know there's more to say, i am always composing to notes to all of you in my head.....you are always with me....cheering me on and inspiring me........I log onto MFP every day to find out how you are doing.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • chicletgirl
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi All. Just testing things.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Suzzeque--

Forgot to wish you the best with your new furry family member. Hope you can post a pic soon. Little doggy sounds like a cutie.

I took my dad to his doctor's appointment today, and the doctor informed him that he had some concerns, as well as me, regarding driving and thought he should be retested, so now we wait for the state to contact my dad to set up a retest. I have been here at their place for an hour since, and no one has done any hollering, so I guess that means he is taking it better than what I expected. :wink: :bigsmile:

Elizabeth,
    Hang in there. August will be better than July. For one thing, you are a month older, and therefore WISER!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Barbie,
    Your veggie snack is making me hungry for dinner!!!

I have to get going, as I have to do some shopping and go home and placate some unhappy doggies who haven't had a walk yet today.

Barb
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    Good evening ladies, how's everything going? I thought I was having a bad food and excercise day, but apparently not :smile: I managed to stay below my calories and got some mowing done this evening and burned 348 calories according to my HRM. I am soooooo worried about my dress now :cry: I went to pick it up yesterday and they had me tried it on again and it was pretty snug :noway: :grumble: :noway: According to my weigh ins, I'm losing, but after yesterday, I don't know :sad: I know one thing, I better be eating very very carefully for the next 2 1/2 wks!!! I also have to make sure I drink my water. I wonder if a couple extra glasses a day would help? It would be terrible if I couldn't wear my own dress :explode: Yeah, no wine until the wedding either and I do like my white zifandale, but too bad! Talk about stressing. I don't understand how the dress can fit perfectly for 5 months and then I lose about 4 lbs and it feels tight.

I need some stomach excercises, any suggestions? All will be appreciated.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,381 Member
    Options
    BC1 - now I can't wait until we go to FL again to go to Public. I know that I'll want more of their mint chocolate chip merengues and now those AkMak. I'm DYING to try them.

mimi - How did you do the two hours? I'm lucky to get one in. WTG girl!!!!! You rock!!!

Peggy - from everything you said you were looking for -- you've come to the right place.

Bec - love your goal for the day! ((((hugs)))) for your sister. I know what she's going thru. And it's not easy, but she WILL get thru it. The review I've read about the yoga on the WiiFit says that it isn't all that great. I don't know enough about yoga to make a determination.

Barb (weaklink) - how very sad for your mom's "cleaning lady".

Donna - I know EXACTLY what you mean. There are days when I'm positive I've gone over on my calories, then when I log my food, I'm under. Problem comes in when there are days when I'm sure I've done OK with the calories, then go to log them, and I'm over. Stress can add weight so don't stress a lot and believe it or not, I always find that if I get enough sleep, then I'm most likely going to show a loss. A plus with sleeping -- if you're sleeping then you're not eating.....!!!!!

Did an hour on the Stairmaster today but walked sideways (good outer thigh). Tomorrow, the personal trainer. She mostly has me doing the TRX and I feel it in the backs of my arms. Not a bad hurt. Just a "hi there, I'm this muscle you haven't used" hurt. I suspect it's because you're holding those straps above your head.

Hope everyone has a great evening and great day tomorrow. Tomorrow I get to do the fun of the boob squeeze -- lucky me. Well, the alternative COULD be worse, so I'll take the squeeze. Actually, when we were in PA, they'd put your boob on this metal plate and squeeze it. At least down here there is padding on the metal plate. I always laugh when they say "now hold your breath". Like I can breathe!!!

Michele
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Morning ladies. It's a cool gray morning in York at the mo. I was up early and put some washing on the line to dry. I was hoping to get half an hour exercise in before DD came home with the dogs, but didn't manage it. I'll move the dogs into the other room after posting and give it a go. :smile:

:flowerforyou: Donna and Amanda loved the pics. I love looking at photo's. I haven't taken any for a while (mainly because every time I look for the camera DD has it for taking pics of the dogs) :bigsmile: :bigsmile: You wouldn't believe how many doggy photos we have on the computer, all very similar expressions only the background has changed.

:smile: My uncle should be out of hospital this afternoon, so I need to get him a bit of shopping this morning. I'm still not sure what the matter was but no doubt I'll find out when I see him.

:smile: Tomorrow I am visiting my aunt with my mum and dad, they see each other every week and I'm joining them tomorrow as I have a day off work. We'll be going for a drink and then back to aunts house for a bite to eat. (so I'll have to watch the calories) I have next Wednesday off too, so we'll do the same again only go back to mums house to eat.

:flowerforyou: Welcome to the newbies.

:flowerforyou: Well looks like DH is waiting for the computer so I'll go and do my exercises, at least he will be out of the way and I can do them in peace :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I don't like an audience.

BFN

:heart: Viv :heart:
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Hello All,

Here Viv is up already for tomorrow and I am still awake from tonight..:noway: :laugh:

I went and did some shopping for my mom tonight and then came home to eat and get the doggies their walk. After that, I went over to visit my friend, the one I mentioned earlier today who had a birthday. I found her a cute card while shopping. The outside said, "Happy Birthday, I have this friend who takes leftover wine and makes ice cubes. I didn't know that was possible".......(open card to inside)..."Having leftover wine, I mean. Happy Birthday!!"

I brought that over with a bottle of wine, and both were happily received. I also found out that her client who passed away has a four year old Miniature Pinscher named "Roscoe" who is going to need a home......

HOLD IT!!! BACK UP!!! I am NOT taking in a 4th critter!!!! NO WAY NO HOW!!! :laugh: :laugh: I am not sure I could handle that much fun!!!

As it happens, within the last week, I ran into a couple that I see regularly walking their cute little terrier mix, whose name is 'Scruffy'--he looks like his name, too, but VERY cute. Anyway, they mentioned they were on the lookout for a companion for their dog, but didn't want to do a puppy and didn't want to pay big bucks. I will be paying them a visit on Tuesday to try and put them together with "Rosco." Didn't realize I was a "matchmaker" in addition to all my other talents.:bigsmile:

Well, it is past my bedtime and I better quit as I am starting to get hungry....

Barb
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Hello All,

Here Viv is up already for tomorrow and I am still awake from tonight..:noway: :laugh:

I went and did some shopping for my mom tonight and then came home to eat and get the doggies their walk. After that, I went over to visit my friend, the one I mentioned earlier today who had a birthday. I found her a cute card while shopping. The outside said, "Happy Birthday, I have this friend who takes leftover wine and makes ice cubes. I didn't know that was possible".......(open card to inside)..."Having leftover wine, I mean. Happy Birthday!!"

I brought that over with a bottle of wine, and both were happily received. I also found out that her client who passed away has a four year old Miniature Pinscher named "Roscoe" who is going to need a home......

HOLD IT!!! BACK UP!!! I am NOT taking in a 4th critter!!!! NO WAY NO HOW!!! :laugh: :laugh: I am not sure I could handle that much fun!!!

As it happens, within the last week, I ran into a couple that I see regularly walking their cute little terrier mix, whose name is 'Scruffy'--he looks like his name, too, but VERY cute. Anyway, they mentioned they were on the lookout for a companion for their dog, but didn't want to do a puppy and didn't want to pay big bucks. I will be paying them a visit on Tuesday to try and put them together with "Rosco." Didn't realize I was a "matchmaker" in addition to all my other talents.:bigsmile:

Well, it is past my bedtime and I better quit as I am starting to get hungry....

Barb
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I'm really pleased with myself today as I've finally lost 80 pounds. I've got 32 pounds to go until I reach my target (although the goal posts may move!) and I'd really like to do it by Christmas which is just over 20 weeks away. So, if I lose 1.6 pounds a week I could do it! I've been losing about 2 pounds most weeks, but I know it's going to get harder as I get closer to my target. Numquam cede is definitely going to be my motto.

This morning I got some gym time in nice and early as I've got a bit of running about to do for my dad today and then I'm off to visit mum-in-law. We went over to visit her last night and she got my DH to get some of her chin hairs with a pair of tweezers. I would have offered, but I'd forgotten my close work glasses and would probably have ended up pinching off her nose or something. Normally one of the nursing staff does it for her but she is having one of her paranoid phases at present and isn't trusting them.

Barb - I would love a little miniature pinscher! They are so cute. I actually saw an advert for a one year old border terrier in need of a home yesterday. My hand was on the phone before I realised that I really need to convince DH to let me have another dog before I do anything rash.

Michele - good luck with the 'boob squishing'. I need to book my appointment for one next month too. Also, how do you go sideways on the stairmaster??

Donna - your dress will be perfect on the day! The night before my wedding, I shared the honeymoon suite with my sister and I kept her awake all night, convinced that I wouldn't fit into my dress the next day. Pure paranoia as it had fit a few hours before and, of course it fitted for the wedding. I lost a lot of weight between ordering my dress and actually getting married (but sadly put it all back on last year - with some!) so I had to have my dress made smaller by five sizes! Fortunately the designer was brilliant and made it fit perfectly.

Barbiecat - I'm pleased that you are being pro-active with respect to your knee. You really don't want it to get worse.

Elizabeth - would you like us to nag you about stopping smoking? I'm a former smoker and I know how hard it is to give up, but it really is worth it. Hey, I don't need to tell you that!

Jackie - have a great day in Chester. I love it there.

Laura - good luck with the 2 pounds this month. I have faith in you.

To everyone else, I'm sorry I didn't comment individually but it's getting impossible for me to remember everything that goes before in the postings. I do read every one though and really feel close to you all - my very own fitness pals.

Have a healthy and happy day if possible please.

Amanda x
  • bjbrown4
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this site and I love it already. Started Sunday and finding it easy to do so far. I have used the food journal everyday and it helps to write everything down.
    Goals are : Read my Bible every day, to work out every other day for at least 30 min., keep my food journal, drink water and try to get off diet pepsi.
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    Good morning ladies :flowerforyou: I'll try and keep this post short as it may end up being nothing but whinning :sad: A very bad week finacially this week and hardly any healthy food around. I can manage for today, but that's about it :cry: This is no time to be having difficulties as I need to be very careful for the next few weeks :noway:

Barb.... how sad for the cleaning lady. That must have been a terrible shock for her. That just goes to show that you never know from one day to the next what can happen. How sad though.
    I also could have had a new doggy :smile: Well, not really as the owner came along. Last evening while I was just finishing up with mowing the lawn, I looked up a few feet in front of me and there stood this beautiful yellow lab. He was just there wagging his tail watching me. I said ' where did you come from?" and that's all it took, he came up to me and followed me around for about an hour. He seemed to be lost, not straying away any further the 2 doors down and going back and forth. I had thought someone had dropped him off because he seemed to have no clue where he was at. He had no collar on either. Anyway after about an hour, the owner was around the corner looking for him. That man is lucky that my landlord wouldn't even think about me having a big dog. I had to give away a shepard mix away when we moved here because of no big dogs. My landlord is afraid of them.

Glad some liked my pic, too bad I didn't get them on here right, but the important part was on here, my grand daughters :heart:

We are supposed to get some scattered T-storms this afternoon. I think they will be here long before that. The sky is pretty dark out there. It will probably start before the next half hour is here :grumble: Rainy days make for lazy days for me. I am going to have to put forth some effort in getting motivated today. Geez!!! My mood is matching the weather, gloomy so I guess I'll go for now. I may lay back down for an hour or so. Hopefully I'll wake up in a better mood and start this day all over again. Besides, it was after 11 when I went to bed lastnight, woke up 3 times during the night and got up at 5 this morning, so I didn't get enough sleep :yawn: :grumble:

Oh yeah, I have one more compaint :laugh: MY CAR!!! The strut in the back is broke, so a friend of Bill's was going to fix it for us. Well, Bill is far from being mechanical and when he went to the parts store, he told the sales person the wrong year of the car :grumble: :grumble: Not once, but twice!!!! So for the second time, the wrong strut is on my car and that means it's still not fixed. We can't return the wrong struts until the friend comes back and gets the wrong one off. Why he went ahead and put it on seeing it didn't fit is beyond me, but nonetheless, it isn't making me very happy. Our neighbor and friend loaned us his little chevy S10 pick up truck last week so we could get around until our car gets fixed and I really appreciate it, but I am funny about stuff like that. I don't like barrowing big things, especially stuff like that.

Sorry so long and mostly complaints, had to vent I guess. :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Morning ladies. Today is one of those chock full of errands days that makes me extra glad to have a pair of Shapeups. Down side is its also my niece's last day. :ohwell:

So far the pooch I am fostering has adapted well to life inside the fence. She seems to respect my plants and hasn't gone on a digging spree. She loves our evening walks! We have yet to hear her bark and I noticed Violet nuzzling noses with her last night. I'm hoping all this convinces hubby to let us make her permanent if we get to response from the lost dog ads this week. I've been calling her Sophie. Yesterday the vet vetoed my samoyed mix guess and says she's most likely a pomeranian mix. She only weighs 19 pounds and estimates she is about 3 years old. PTL, she wasn't pregnant!
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Tuesday,

Elizabeth - you gave me a LOL moment...:laugh: yes it would be wonderful if our water that we need to drink was wine...come to think of it there is that great story in the Bible about the wedding where Jesus turned the water into wine...now wouldn't that have been a great wedding to have been at:wink:

Barbie - glad to see that you are taking care of your knee, don't want any permenant damage. The shorter hair and new glasses do give you that "cute" look:flowerforyou:

Barb- hoping that the tests for your Dad go okay. You just never know when something will pop up with them. So sorry about your friends loss, it's so hard when it's tied up as a friend and a job, hopfully she will find someone else that needs her help.

Donna - Sorry to hear you are stressing about your dress...but with only 2.5 weeks left you can do this...lots of veggies, salads, water and do the Butt & Gut exercises that might just do the trick for you:flowerforyou: Here's hoping that tomorrow is better than your Tues is.

Michele - I hear you about the boob squeeze:noway: I too have wondered why they bother to tell you to hold your breath, because if I could breath I'd be screaming:sad: and crying..thankfully it's only for a few seconds otherwise I'd pass on that procedure each year!

Viv - enjoy your visit with the family, I wish I was closer to my Mom and my other Aunts and Uncles, sometimes a phone call just doesn't cut it.

Amanda - :flowerforyou: I only wish the best for you setting your goal to reach it by Christmas. I suppose it all boils down to how determined you are, and I sense that you are "that" determined:flowerforyou:

SuzeQ- Glad your little house guest is behaving herself. I'm pretty sure that if another doggie decided to adopt us I wouldn't get to keep it:cry: , but then again I do live in the city.

Well the Doctor called back yesterday saying all my tests came back fine. My cholesteral is 169 and since I don't have a clue what is good or bad I will have to do some research to figure that out and my blood pressure was 110/ 76 which I know is good. At least now the Dr has a baseline for if anything ever starts to go haywire in my body.

I best get going I have an insurance audit this morning and I need to get all the papers together. Everyone have a good day, :drinker: drink your water:drinker: and do a bit of exercise. O one more thing, I started the Butt & Gut exercises on the 1st, and boy when I went to bed last night did my stomach muscles feel it:ohwell: I fixed my signature to add those exercises to my August goal.

Laura:smile:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say hello.

For this being a vacation day for me I will not be vacationing. lol Both Mom and my DS have doctor's appointments and we have shopping to do. We've had to shorten our lake trip due to DS's soccer tryouts and school registration. We are leaving Thursday and have to be back on Sunday. =(

Susan - I hope the doggy gets to stay with you and hubby warms up to it. My hubby has a heart attack if I say "fostering" and "dog" in the same sentence. 99% of them end up staying.

Have a great day all,

Jeannie
  • debieanne
    Options
    :drinker: water break hello and good morning haven't been on like i want to i just don't give me the time went to drs yesterday and not doing good with blood preesure and weight crepe up a few so today its like a struggle for me i know what i want to do i know what i need to do i just don't seem to get it together and i am 57 so you would think this would be easy . a friend says i should write a book cause nobody would believe my life and she wants to know why i smile all the time . well off and on today i am going to read some back post and see how everyone is i am sitting on my porch and the leaves are turning colors on some trees wow ,ok break over have a blessed and save day debi
  • hannatrip
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am only on this site for almost a week now!! I just found this topic and would like to join in!! I am 56 and in desperate need to lose weight and start feeling good again....I really let my self go the past 6-8 months and it has made my diabetes go out of control.....so far this week I have been doing well on my diet and I do feel better....I can at least walk to my office without being out of breath! I love this site and look forward to being freinds with everyone to help me along :) I am going to put my goals on my signature for August...
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!!!
    I am really enjoing reading all of your posts and (slowly) getting to know you. Yesterday I seem to have done alright with my calories but I can't seem to fit the exercise in. I will have to work on that tonight.

Debieanne - you sound like a kindred spirit. My life is so crazy and upside down I have also been told that I sould write a book. The problem is that it would have to be a novel as no one would believe that these things could really happen to one person.

I am going on a Girls Weekend next week so I will need to be in better control of my portions or I will undo everything. This is where about 15 of us will get together for 3 days at someones cabin. We all bring a dish to pass and whatever meat we want to grill and of course whatever we are drinking. There is ALWAYS way to much food and someone always has a new drink or food recipe that they are dying to try on the group. We have tried for years to somehow cut it back but we always seem to be sending leftovers home with someone. The good news is that I have a small motorcycle so I don't have room to take anything back. Oh I forgot to mention that most of us ride. I also talk a lot, it is hard to shovel it in when you are chatting away.
    Everyone keep up the good work
    Peggy