JEALOUS & HOT WIFE

Options
So, I'm a big girl! I don't think I'm the ugliest thing in the world because of it but I also don't feel 100% comfortable in my own skin, at least not yet. I'm 5'6", 220 lbs, I was blessed with a flat chest (LOL) and a big butt! lol.... I like the fact that between most Hispanic women I'm considered tall. I enjoy make up and dressing classy. I carry myself as if I'm extremely confident so that others don't see a weakness in me. I enjoy respect and have never let my weight problems show to the world.

With all of that said, I have a little thing going on at work and I just can't wrap my head around it:

My ex-boss (I'm under another project now) a young married man has always been extremely nice to me. Paying my days off and reporting them as "work from home", giving me a $5.00 hourly raise within 2 weeks of working here, letting me come in late and miss days without a worry, and even fixing me cups of tea when I was sick. Many times I thought there was something else to this, but I couldn't let those thoughts get the best of me. I would notice him looking at me when I would wear skirts (never short!) and high heels ... but I didn't want to give too much thought to it all. Men like to look at things, it meant nothing. Why wouldn't I believe that maybe he had a little crush on me? Well, because his wife is a HOT WOMAN! I mean, HOT HOT HOT! She has a body that I would kill for! Seriously! She's short but her body is STUNNING! She is a beautiful woman! I thought to myself that this man was just nice to me because ... well, he was just a nice person. I didn't want to confuse politeness with flirting!

Well, little by little I noticed his wife becoming a total ***** with me. We went from having long conversations about our daughters and our weekend plans to NOTHING AT ALL. I walk into my office and she would give me the death stare .... stare at me from up and down. I never disrespected her husband or her AT ALL! I'm a married woman and I would NEVER do such thing! I say good morning and goodbye when I see her and she responds, but her tone is different. Now, I don't know what to think about all this? If this would happen to you what would U think about it all?

\\

Replies

• iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    She is probably jealous of your curves!
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    She is probably jealous of your curves!
    Agreed, Strong first post.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just ask her?
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just ask her?

This.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Yeah.....just ask her.....

hi-res-7086272_crop_exact.jpg?w=340&h=227&q=85
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mettbt9wAc1rj3izuo1_400.gif

If you feel that you have done nothing wrong then don't sweat it. You probably won't change her attitude towards you anyway even if you did approach her. Even the "hottest" people have insecurities.
  • AdriMinus80
    Options
    Yeah.....just ask her.....

hi-res-7086272_crop_exact.jpg?w=340&h=227&q=85

LOL! I continue to be nice and just take it as ... she has a personal problem at home and it isn't personal to me. I guess also the fact that I no longer work with my ex boss, I don't think I need to make things worse. Just keep being nice and keep working.
  • Shannellyn
    Shannellyn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Maybe because you are confident in who you are, and because your boss takes good care of you; however that seems to be his nature. Nonetheless I agree with the others that you should ask if you are concerned.

PS: Beauty is skin deep!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    And next on Jerry Springer we meet the husband and the wife where the wife discusses how OP failed to ruin the couples life by being delusional.

Stay tuned. Don't go anywhere.

ETA: just kidding. She's totally jealous of you because in her heart (and yours) she knows that you're better than her and can fulfill the void her thigh gap just can't fill so her hubby needs your "curves"
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    different men like all types.

she may be hot, and sexy in your eyes, but what does HE see?

he obviously likes spending time looking after you. Maybe he needs to feel more needed in his life. Maybe she's too self sufficient.

Does it really matter? I mean as long as you comport yourself so that you are always appropriate in the work situation then it doesn't matter.

if you miss a friend, then talk to her about it.

not us.
  • IronCakes
    IronCakes Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8st85oIf21r6gk4zo1_400.gif
  • AdriMinus80
    Options
    different men like all types.

she may be hot, and sexy in your eyes, but what does HE see?

he obviously likes spending time looking after you. Maybe he needs to feel more needed in his life. Maybe she's too self sufficient.

Does it really matter? I mean as long as you comport yourself so that you are always appropriate in the work situation then it doesn't matter.

if you miss a friend, then talk to her about it.

not us.

I like how you said that maybe he just wants to feel needed and she is self sufficient. YEAH, she does seem very hardcore self sufficient. LOL....

AND no... not at all, she wasn't a friend, just a coworker to talk to .... lol.... If she was a friend I wouldn't expect her to feel that way. Thanks tho -
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

I like socks.
  • fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    She probably doesnt like the thought of him working so closely with another young woman. Its not logical, but its definately possible. But I don't think you should mention it to her or your boss. Just ignore it. Its a job, and emotions and things shouldn't be involved.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Maybe she was just upset that her husband was helping you steal by putting your time off in as working hours. Or maybe she was upset because she's afraid that if management finds out that he did this his job could be on the line too. Or maybe she's insecure and he's noted your confidence to her as something that is attractive on a woman and wouild be nice for her to emulate. Or maybe he's into you.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options

I like socks.

I'm JEALOUS!!! of her socks! I want them!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    This is hilarious.

"Hi, I'm flirting with my boss, and we're trading bennies back and forth. I don't understand why his wife is getting mad at me. Why is she so mean?"

roflcopter
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    1311620085836.gif
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    just because you find her hot, doesn't mean she feels that way, especially if he is doing nice things to/for you and maybe not giving her the same attention? You never know what is going on in someone else's world, without asking. Also, hot girls can be insecure, too.
  • HikerRR50
    HikerRR50 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Just because you think she is hot doesn't mean thats how she feels - I would bet she's pretty insecure, maybe you could compliment her to help defuse the situation