Options
    Monday = 0 drinks.:happy:

ditto! :glasses:
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Can I join your discussion? Mon = 0 drinks -
    (from 7/25 - to last night - its been one giant binge) just too much family drama
    I usually drink alone, late at night - nobody knows

Thanks
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Can I join your discussion? Mon = 0 drinks -
    (from 7/25 - to last night - its been one giant binge) just too much family drama
    I usually drink alone, late at night - nobody knows

Thanks

Of course you can join....we are here for support

Sunday and Monday, no drinks...but, I wanted to
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thank you - That helps. todays goal -

no drinking
    eat healthy (I have already planned & prepared most of my meals)
    get my butt to the gym -

Just take some "baby steps"

Again thank you
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    No drinks for me Sunday, Monday or tonight - good start to the week all round it seems.

Mom216 you might see those steps as baby ones but they are very important ones - you're doing great :happy: Your goal is pretty much my goal too, somedays I just acheive it better than others!
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I am cognizant that tomorrow is September 1st. I am also cognizant that I have been all but MIA from this thread and MFP in general for the last couple weeks and haven't even been trying to abstain. So, I no longer feel like the Lushes thread is mine. So.... Pam, Kim, Yvonne, Robin.... I'm leaving the Lushes "kingdom" to you. Start a September thread if you wish. Rule wisely. I'll be around when I get my shizzle together again.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Well there's no use me starting a September thread, I never usually manage to find the new thread until a week in. In all likelihood I'd lose the thread I started myself let alone manage to direct anyone else to it!

Hurry back soon Dave, miss you...
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I will start it if no one else has but remember I am on the west coast of the states and I don't get up very early :yawn:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I KNEW IT! so this article says that healthy weight women who drink moderately tend to gain less weight over time than those who abstain. Researchers studied 19,220 women with healthy BMI and monitored them for 13 years. Women who consumed 1-2 drinks per day were 30% less likely to become overweight or obese. Those who had 2-7 drinks per week were 14% less likely. The explanation is unclear, but drinkers consumed fewer calories from other sources... other research indicates that alcohol may effect metabolism and fat storage in women. It seems that lean women who drink a light to moderate amount can do so without fear of weight gain as long as they maintain healthy diet and exercise habits.
  • AuntMimi2010
    Options
    asjerven, so you're saying that the research tells us to keep doing what we're doing but eat better and exercise more??? I may be able to do that if I don't have to give up my wine:) We shall see! I guess it depends on how moderation is defined because even though I drink maybe only once a week, I generally am not able to keep it to a few drinks! I'm a bit of a train wreck. I do very well until day 6 or 7 then that wine is just calling my name and I cannot resist a bottle, or more...I'm a disaster. Lord help me!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I will start it if no one else has but remember I am on the west coast of the states and I don't get up very early :yawn:

You can have the honors....
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    GREAT NEWSS LUSHES!!! http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,2014332,00.html
    We will outlive non-drinkers!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I caved and had a glass of wine... but stopped at one (because I was too lazy to go to the wine cellar for another)... I don't think this is going to be a great alcohol free week.
    Leaving for the IL's place tomorrow... even more reason to drink!
  • jsg8tor
    jsg8tor Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow! I finally found my thread! I was feeling awful about the 6 bacardi and diet cokes that I drank out with friends last night.
    I have set up a separate food category for alcohol and in the 2 weeks that I've been on MFP, I think there has only been 2 days without something in that category for me~yikes!

Just knowing there are others on MFP that don't spend every extra minute exercising makes me feel better somehow.

Sorry for babbling, must be the fog in my head :tong
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Oh, and I caved and had a glass of wine... but stopped at one (because I was too lazy to go to the wine cellar for another)... I don't think this is going to be a great alcohol free week.
    Leaving for the IL's place tomorrow... even more reason to drink!

Bring the wine cellar with