People can be cruel

Options
I've been using MFP for a while now but have only been active on the website and boards for the past month. I read a lot of the posts and comments on here, and I must say that some of you are very mean. Most people on this site are not fitness models and pro body builders. Most are trying to lose weight...some a lot of weight. You don't get to be obese by having all of the answers and having a great support system. That's why they came here. Some of you will argue that you're offering "tough love". There's a difference between giving someone an honest opinion and making them feel worthless. I'm sure this post is going to bring forth some rudeness but I don't care. If you are really trying to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle, and want the support of honest, nice people, feel free to hit me up. Have a great day everyone!

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    why?
    who cares???
    worry about you, and only u.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    why?
    who cares???

Luv ya!!:love::flowerforyou:
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Some of you will argue that you're offering "tough love". There's a difference between giving someone an honest opinion and making them feel worthless.

Here's the thing: some of the people who are on here aren't ready to really commit to a lifestyle change. And that's great, fine. We all get to our goals at different paces and different times.

However, you're also dealing with people who probably have a lot of self-esteem issues and who are used to be coddled and NOT taking accountability for their actions and just trying to get validated. Where has that sort of behavior gotten people? At some point you have to stop making excuses for yourself and own up to the idea that YOU are the one that got you were you are and YOU are the only one who can get yourself out. No one else can do this for you.

Now, if you're so overly sensitive that you cannot handle the idea of an alternative or opposing viewpoint, then you probably need more help with things beyond weight loss. Disagreeing does not equal bulling or making people feel worthless. It's just not all rainbows and unicorns and calorie-less-chocolate-sprinkled-covered-glittering donuts.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    WHAT?
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Uh Oh!!!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    JSF
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    JSF

:heart:
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    ok
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    All I got out of this is that you think most people on mfp are really fat and mean.

what-do-you-mean-im-fat.jpg
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Hey jazzercise! I for one, agree with you - there are a lot of people here who think it's their way or the highway and would happily bulldoze a box of kitties to get their point across!

I'm nice sometimes, so if you wanna add me feel free :flowerforyou:
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    why?
    who cares???

MyFitnessPal
    @MyFitnessPal
    MyFitnessPal is a free and easy health and fitness system that helps you attain fitness goals. Tools, tracking, and support - get your fit on!

San Francisco · myfitnesspal.com

I just copied and pasted this. See..."tools, tracking and SUPPORT".

If MyFitnessPal is only for the tools and tracking, then the powers that be need to take "support" out of the description of this website.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    lxkqjHw.gif
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I am going to mark all replies from 1 to 10

1 being negative and 10 being great....cos I just feel in the mood yay!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    HFS. Off to check friend lists, if possible...

eta: Checked, and surprisingly, not on each other's FL.
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hi Jazzie!

I posted about the 15 calories I went over in my food diary (just wondering how to make up for it) and I was told that "maybe I shouldn't worry about it". People will be rude. Just ignore them sweetie! That's what I do!

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ii!!!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    OH FFS!!!

If I only had a $1 for every time one of these threads pop up I'd be rich.
  • twinketta
    Options
    For the love of god.

Are we being punked?
    Just 1 for you girlie God and punked do not mix and you totally did not help the OP
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Hmm, not all of us have been obese.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    The easiest way is to post you are just looking for friends and if they fit your life, keep them, if they don't delete them. Some people are nice, some are rude, some are helpful, some aren't. That's just life. You can't always take things they are because it is the internet. Somebody could say something completely helpful and you take it wrong because it's words on a screen and you don't here the tone. Good luck finding some friends that fit your life. :flowerforyou:
  • twinketta
    Options
    Jesus. Christ.

LOL. Shall you get the popcorn or shall I? :drinker:

You made the same mistake as the other poster but you added beer and popcorn...no help at all to the OP 1 point for you
This discussion has been closed.