People can be cruel

Options

Replies

• twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Some of you will argue that you're offering "tough love". There's a difference between giving someone an honest opinion and making them feel worthless.

Here's the thing: some of the people who are on here aren't ready to really commit to a lifestyle change. And that's great, fine. We all get to our goals at different paces and different times.

However, you're also dealing with people who probably have a lot of self-esteem issues and who are used to be coddled and NOT taking accountability for their actions and just trying to get validated. Where has that sort of behavior gotten people? At some point you have to stop making excuses for yourself and own up to the idea that YOU are the one that got you were you are and YOU are the only one who can get yourself out. No one else can do this for you.

Now, if you're so overly sensitive that you cannot handle the idea of an alternative or opposing viewpoint, then you probably need more help with things beyond weight loss. Disagreeing does not equal bulling or making people feel worthless. It's just not all rainbows and unicorns and calorie-less-chocolate-sprinkled-covered-glittering donuts.

good job 7 for you
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    LIGQcG7.png
    "Kids can be so cruel."
    -- "We can? Thanks, Mom!"
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Hi Jazzie!

I posted about the 15 calories I went over in my food diary (just wondering how to make up for it) and I was told that "maybe I shouldn't worry about it". People will be rude. Just ignore them sweetie! That's what I do!

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ii!!!

:laugh: You need to look up the word rude, by no means was that advice rude!!!
  • twinketta
    Options
    Yay for the butthurt!

minus 1
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Hi Jazzie!

I posted about the 15 calories I went over in my food diary (just wondering how to make up for it) and I was told that "maybe I shouldn't worry about it". People will be rude. Just ignore them sweetie! That's what I do!

That's not rude, that's good advice!

It was the way they wrote it. You had to have been there.

Been there? I am here, it's the internet.

Maybe it's the way you read it? You know how it is, depending on what frame of mind you're in you'll take the same written words completely different. We all do it.
  • twinketta
    Options
    WHAT?

minus 10
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hi Jazzie!

Must have been pretty traumatic for you i would have thought, they obviously didn't realise the seriousness of the situation, we are talking 15 calories here, just ignore all the nasty nasty people, i have lit a candle for you
  • Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD!!! Are you serious? People have been mean?! On the internet!!!?

Pretty sure some people were dropped in glue and rolled in cotton wool as children.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Waaahmbulance.jpg
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I need another drink.

Be supportive and grab me a beer while you're up hunting for tissues, mmmmkay?
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Hey, OP, you're pretty!

And other than that, I don't really have very much to say about this thread.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, I see very little shaming on the MFP boards, and very few genuine attacks.

What I do see, and what is often interpreted as meanness, is people correcting others who are preaching incorrect beliefs, and people defending their choices after they have already been attacked.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Honestly .. this site is TAME compared to another site I belong to. If you want to see haters .. have I got a site for you. I have been bullied lately ... and it was not a pretty thing. I know why teenagers that are cyber bullied commit suicide from all the crap. It can be pretty bad.

Sorry to see that you don't find the people here to be supportive. I personally have found just the opposite and I for one really like not having to put up with the bullying here.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Oh let me be clear, no one has been rude to me. I've just seen it many times and when I reached out to the person who was hurting, they were very upset by it. I knew I was going to get bombarded with rude comments and unfunny gifs but it was worth it because of the many people who are thanking me via msg. The good people far outweigh the rude ones on this site, it's just that they don't post anything from fear of retaliation. Just letting other people know that there is kindness out there..even if it is behind the shield of a computer screen.

tumblr_m7cd1784yX1qi2qcg.gif
    wD719.gif
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hi Jazzie!

Must have been pretty traumatic for you i would have thought, they obviously didn't realise the seriousness of the situation, we are talking 15 calories here, just ignore all the nasty nasty people, i have lit a candle for you

Thank you for your kind words!
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hi Jazzie!

You burned the 15 calories starting the thread!!!!!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Oh let me be clear, no one has been rude to me. I've just seen it many times and when I reached out to the person who was hurting, they were very upset by it. I knew I was going to get bombarded with rude comments and unfunny gifs but it was worth it because of the many people who are thanking me via msg. The good people far outweigh the rude ones on this site, it's just that they don't post anything from fear of retaliation. Just letting other people know that there is kindness out there..even if it is behind the shield of a computer screen.

again, links? please.

if you are going to make accusations, there should be some evidence supporting your accusation.

Agree. Waiting...
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD!!! Are you serious? People have been mean?! On the internet!!!?

Pretty sure some people were dropped in glue and rolled in cotton wool as children.

I don't know how they manage to get out of bed without a sponsor's support. if they can't find their keys they call Oprah
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Someone has their granny panties in a wad.

minus 5

This is substantially less interesting and funny than the things you normally post. Which, please believe me, says a lot.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Honestly .. this site is TAME compared to another site I belong to. If you want to see haters .. have I got a site for you. I have been bullied lately ... and it was not a pretty thing. I know why teenagers that are cyber bullied commit suicide from all the crap. It can be pretty bad.

Sorry to see that you don't find the people here to be supportive. I personally have found just the opposite and I for one really like not having to put up with the bullying here.

Well?
This discussion has been closed.