People can be cruel

Options

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    OH FFS!!!

If I only had a $1 for every time one of these threads pop up I'd be rich.

$4,597 isn't being rich though
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    In. Again. :glasses:
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Oh sweet baby Jesus.

Yes he is..but where is your help for the OP? 1 for you too...
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Hi Jazzie!

I posted about the 15 calories I went over in my food diary (just wondering how to make up for it) and I was told that "maybe I shouldn't worry about it". People will be rude. Just ignore them sweetie! That's what I do!

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ii!!!

That's not rude, that's good advice!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1099969-why-all-the-negativity-where-is-the-motivation

Can you just leave your butthurt in the thread posted above, please? Kthxbye.
  • twinketta
    Options
    why?
    who cares???
    worry about you, and only u.

Gonna give you a 4 for that statement
  • jazzerciseN
    Options
    Oh let me be clear, no one has been rude to me. I've just seen it many times and when I reached out to the person who was hurting, they were very upset by it. I knew I was going to get bombarded with rude comments and unfunny gifs but it was worth it because of the many people who are thanking me via msg. The good people far outweigh the rude ones on this site, it's just that they don't post anything from fear of retaliation. Just letting other people know that there is kindness out there..even if it is behind the shield of a computer screen.
  • twinketta
    Options
    why?
    who cares???

Luv ya!!:love::flowerforyou:

Copy cat but nice with the flowers ...4
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for a while now but have only been active on the website and boards for the past month. I read a lot of the posts and comments on here, and I must say that some of you are very mean. Most people on this site are not fitness models and pro body builders. Most are trying to lose weight...some a lot of weight. You don't get to be obese by having all of the answers and having a great support system. That's why they came here. Some of you will argue that you're offering "tough love". There's a difference between giving someone an honest opinion and making them feel worthless. I'm sure this post is going to bring forth some rudeness but I don't care. If you are really trying to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle, and want the support of honest, nice people, feel free to hit me up. Have a great day everyone!

links? please.

Seriously... I get so tired of seeing "you people are so mean" threads without real examples of said perceived meanness!!

Oh wait... pointing that stuff out would be against forum rules, wouldn't it? So instead, let's just make a generalized statement that could pretty much be directed at the whole community.

Well guess what, OP, it's our MFP too!

#soeffindone
  • AdriMinus80
    Options
    I've been using MFP for a while now but have only been active on the website and boards for the past month. I read a lot of the posts and comments on here, and I must say that some of you are very mean. Most people on this site are not fitness models and pro body builders. Most are trying to lose weight...some a lot of weight. You don't get to be obese by having all of the answers and having a great support system. That's why they came here. Some of you will argue that you're offering "tough love". There's a difference between giving someone an honest opinion and making them feel worthless. I'm sure this post is going to bring forth some rudeness but I don't care. If you are really trying to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle, and want the support of honest, nice people, feel free to hit me up. Have a great day everyone!

I agree! AND being healthier means being emotionally healthy too! Carrying anger to spread around at other people doesn't seem like a healthy thing to do.
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hi Jazzie!

I posted about the 15 calories I went over in my food diary (just wondering how to make up for it) and I was told that "maybe I shouldn't worry about it". People will be rude. Just ignore them sweetie! That's what I do!

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ii!!!

That's not rude, that's good advice!

It was the way they wrote it. You had to have been there.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    15gtlvs.jpg
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    why?
    who cares???

MyFitnessPal
    @MyFitnessPal
    MyFitnessPal is a free and easy health and fitness system that helps you attain fitness goals. Tools, tracking, and support - get your fit on!

San Francisco · myfitnesspal.com

I just copied and pasted this. See..."tools, tracking and SUPPORT".

If MyFitnessPal is only for the tools and tracking, then the powers that be need to take "support" out of the description of this website.

So does that mean by signing up, I am therefore OBLIGATED to support other members using this site?

I had no idea.

*deactivates*
  • twinketta
    Options

links? please.

Boring no help at all 1 for you my lad!!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Oh let me be clear, no one has been rude to me. I've just seen it many times and when I reached out to the person who was hurting, they were very upset by it. I knew I was going to get bombarded with rude comments and unfunny gifs but it was worth it because of the many people who are thanking me via msg. The good people far outweigh the rude ones on this site, it's just that they don't post anything from fear of retaliation. Just letting other people know that there is kindness out there..even if it is behind the shield of a computer screen.

Oooh, the hero complex.
  • twinketta
    Options
    Oh and Holy Moses!!

• beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I find 95% of people on here are helpful and kind. If you come across some of the other 5% you can walk away, or lurk, watching the thread for the laughs.

How the "top" contributors from the 95% don't go MENTAL answering the same questions every day, I'll never understand.
  • twinketta
    Options
    Holy Mary Mother of God.

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    OH FFS!!!

If I only had a $1 for every time one of these threads pop up I'd be rich.

$4,597 isn't being rich though

Hey, that'd pay off my A/C unit and then some!!! I'll take it. You can make the check out to...
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Holy Mary Mother of God.

Why do you hate religion so much?
This discussion has been closed.