People can be cruel

Replies

• Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Oh look, this thread again. We get the "must say how mean everyone is by insulting a whole group of people (but it's not mean because I'm doing it)" post at least 10 times a week.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Honestly .. this site is TAME compared to another site I belong to. If you want to see haters .. have I got a site for you. I have been bullied lately ... and it was not a pretty thing. I know why teenagers that are cyber bullied commit suicide from all the crap. It can be pretty bad.

Sorry to see that you don't find the people here to be supportive. I personally have found just the opposite and I for one really like not having to put up with the bullying here.

Well?

I am so curious, too...
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Honestly .. this site is TAME compared to another site I belong to. If you want to see haters .. have I got a site for you. I have been bullied lately ... and it was not a pretty thing. I know why teenagers that are cyber bullied commit suicide from all the crap. It can be pretty bad.

Sorry to see that you don't find the people here to be supportive. I personally have found just the opposite and I for one really like not having to put up with the bullying here.

Well?

This one. http://www.balleralert.com/

Those witches are CRUEL and if you don't make $1M a year for playing sports. And they're catty, and spiteful. Every time I log in for some new ballerific news they tear me to ribbons for not being black enough and not being woman enough.
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member

Well?

http://www.justin_bieber_must_die.com

That is not a hate site just common sense advice
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Hi Jazzie!

I posted about the 15 calories I went over in my food diary (just wondering how to make up for it) and I was told that "maybe I shouldn't worry about it". People will be rude. Just ignore them sweetie! That's what I do!

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ii!!!

:laugh: You need to look up the word rude, by no means was that advice rude!!!

Needs to get her sarcasm detector looked at. It might be on the fritz.
  • delicious_cocktail

Well?

http://www.justin_bieber_must_die.com

THAT'S NOT EVEN A REAL SITE!
    oh and did someone say something because I'm ignoring him!
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    WHAT?

minus 10

Yay! I got a minus 10!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Just so I understand what's going on here...

...you're calling out a group of people for the tone of their responses...

...calling them names...

...pointing out their many perceived flaws...

...the most egregious of which is that they're "mean".

However, this post in which you're doing this is somehow immune to this same standard you have set for other people.

Do I have this mostly correct? Because I want to make sure I have the facts straight before I point out the glaring hypocrisy.

Eh, never mind. If you don't already see it, nothing I can say will help you bridge that gap.

Good luck on all of your health and fitness goals, OP. :flowerforyou:
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Hey jazzercise! I for one, agree with you - there are a lot of people here who think it's their way or the highway and would happily bulldoze a box of kitties to get their point across!

I'm nice sometimes, so if you wanna add me feel free :flowerforyou:

WHO is bulldozing a box of kitties? Point them out and let me at 'em. This evil shall not stand!!!
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    I want calorie-less chocolate sparkly donuts.
    If you don't share the recipe you're mean.
    And if you were just kidding that's mean too.
  • I've been using MFP for a while now but have only been active on the website and boards for the past month. I read a lot of the posts and comments on here, and I must say that some of you are very mean. Most people on this site are not fitness models and pro body builders. Most are trying to lose weight...some a lot of weight. You don't get to be obese by having all of the answers and having a great support system. That's why they came here. Some of you will argue that you're offering "tough love". There's a difference between giving someone an honest opinion and making them feel worthless. I'm sure this post is going to bring forth some rudeness but I don't care. If you are really trying to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle, and want the support of honest, nice people, feel free to hit me up. Have a great day everyone!

I read this and approached it with an open mind...maybe you are right, maybe you are wrong, even though I have seen the nastiness you talk about. One quick read of this thread has proved you right. No links needed. I wish people could realise that criticism can be contructive or destuctive, but not both. Flame away.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    OP: You rock.

As for the rest of you, where are we? Nexopia? Reddit?

Shame on you, My Fitness Pal Admin for allowing idiots to spew their troll garbage all over your forums. Hire some frickin' moderators.

The beauty of your complaint is that you could actually get a strike for it.

Welcome to hell.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Oh let me be clear, no one has been rude to me. I've just seen it many times and when I reached out to the person who was hurting, they were very upset by it. I knew I was going to get bombarded with rude comments and unfunny gifs but it was worth it because of the many people who are thanking me via msg. The good people far outweigh the rude ones on this site, it's just that they don't post anything from fear of retaliation. Just letting other people know that there is kindness out there..even if it is behind the shield of a computer screen.

unfunny gifs? you have far bigger problems than the mean people on this site. your lack of humor makes for sad panda.

sadpanda.jpg
  • meh
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Just so I understand what's going on here...

...you're calling out a group of people for the tone of their responses...

...calling them names...

...pointing out their many perceived flaws...

...the most egregious of which is that they're "mean".

However, this post in which you're doing this is somehow immune to this same standard you have set for other people.

Do I have this mostly correct? Because I want to make sure I have the facts straight before I point out the glaring hypocrisy.

Eh, never mind. If you don't already see it, nothing I can say will help you bridge that gap.

Good luck on all of your health and fitness goals, OP. :flowerforyou:

:heart:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    OP, I can honestly say that I have been here for a fairly long time, and have seen genuine cruelty maybe 3 times. There is a lot of support here. Telling someone that something they are doing is ineffective IS support. Preventing another person from wasting their time and/or money on foolishness IS support.

People are sometimes sarcastic, but they don't come across as cruel, to me. They are just trying to inject some humour into something that isn't always fun. I think that people often read hostility into comments that, quite simply, isn't there. The people who take the time to respond to people's questions aren't doing it because they are unkind. They do it because they ARE, for the most part.

Twinketta, please don't bother. Thanks.
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Hi Jazzie!

I posted about the 15 calories I went over in my food diary (just wondering how to make up for it) and I was told that "maybe I shouldn't worry about it". People will be rude. Just ignore them sweetie! That's what I do!

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ii!!!

That's not rude, that's good advice!

It was the way they wrote it. You had to have been there.

Must have been pretty traumatic for you i would have thought, they obviously didn't realise the seriousness of the situation, we are talking 15 calories here, just ignore all the nasty nasty people, i have lit a candle for you

Thank you for your kind words!

Your welcome i would have given more support but such a sad tale has left me a bit teary eyed to be honest which is making it difficult for me to tyyype pro per llly
  • delicious_cocktail
    OP: You rock.

As for the rest of you, where are we? Nexopia? Reddit?

Shame on you, My Fitness Pal Admin for allowing idiots to spew their troll garbage all over your forums. Hire some frickin' moderators.

No. We're on myfitnesspal. This is the community on the website, which you can see by the virtual unanimity of the responses.

This is not a place for sympathetic enabling of destructive behaviors, self pity, and diet myths. This community is made up of users.

Do you go whine on reddit about what people say on reddit?

Also, what General Diet and Weight Loss Help would the OP like? Is there some question about diet or fitness that you would like answered?
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Someone has their granny panties in a wad.

minus 5

This is substantially less interesting and funny than the things you normally post. Which, please believe me, says a lot.

My thoughts exactly. This level of humor is on par with the kid who keeps repeating back every word you say, and no matter how much you beg they just won't stop.
This discussion has been closed.