what was your BMI when you moved to maintain

Options
I have been stuck at the same weight since May, I did my BMI out of curiosity this morning and I am at 21, went from 32 where I was 18 months ago.

Seeing this made me obsess less about the fact that the scale is not moving anymore, I am the lightest and healthiest I have been since high school and all health issues that had been creeping up on me over the last 20 years are now all gone.

So at a BMI at 21 I feel for me that is more than healthy and I am going to focus on strength and stop focusing on the scale and enjoy.

So what BMI were you at when you moved to maintenance, and how far have you come?

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I went from a 30 down to about a 26.3 for maintenance.
  • symonspatrick
    symonspatrick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    23.6 from a 49.6.
  • princesspea234
    princesspea234 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My BMI fluctuates between 21 and 22. (I'm short...5 lbs makes a huge difference.) I'd like to get to 20, but I'm more focused on reducing body fat...even if that means my bmi goes up. I want to reduce body fat from 27% to 20%. I'm ok with how I look with clothes on. I'm working on being ok with how I look with clothes off now!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Many folks on here don't like or use BMI, however. Just an fyi.
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    From 59.4 to 22.9.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I'm at 22.7 and maintaining. Not because I don't wish to lose more, but because it is harder now and honestly, I feel decently healthy and attractive, so am not as motivated.
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm a 21.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I am at 24.8 down from 28.8. I will stop concentrating to weight loss when i am somewhere around 22 and focus completely only on muscles and weights after that. So not complete maintenance.
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I haven't reached maintenance yet but was happy to see it move from obese to overweight recently. How crazy is it when you are happy to see something report you are overweight - lol
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    30ish. I am a big ole boy.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I was around a 32 when I started. I'm down to 20.4 and holding now.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I really do not track BMI ...track body fat % instead, that is a better marker of progress, IMO
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    was at 38.2 and now i'm at 24.4 not at maintenance yet.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I entered maintenance with a BMI of 20.1. I upped my calories, but still lost 10 more lbs. My current BMI is now 18.5, and I've maintained it for almost two years.
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting maintenance at 23.2. I started at 27.0.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    About 21.6, down from about 28.6 at the start.
    ETA: I agree with ndj1979, body fat percentage is more meaningful. So... Mine was unrecorded for the first half of my loss, 34% when recorded for the first time. About 26-28% when I went into maintenance (it's hard to get precise there because surgery) and now around 24%. Assuming my fancypants scale means anything, that is.
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    23.6 from a 49.6.

that is INCREDIBLE! You are dedicated!
  • mumtoonegirl
    Options
    From 59.4 to 22.9.

what an incredible transformation
  • mumtoonegirl
    Options
    thanks for everyones feedback, I had a number in my head and honestly now looking at it and the BMI it might not be a healthy weight for my height. I honestly have little more in LBS to loose but more a focus on strength which I still have a fair bit of work to do.

My body fat % is in the healthy range but I have areas like my legs/*kitten* that I am still working on - bring on the 5x5!!!