what was your BMI when you moved to maintain

Replies

• was 30ish, looking to maintain at 23. maybe more depending on how much I bulk up with muscle.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    I set my goal at 145lbs, which is a BMI of 22. I hover between 21 and 22 and I feel like this is a good, healthy weight for me.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    I really do not track BMI ...track body fat % instead, that is a better marker of progress, IMO

agreed.

However, I was at 22.8 when I realised I was a skinny weakling and needed to gain weight.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    I went from 27.9 to 19.5.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    58.4 down to 26.5 in 23 months which I have maintained for 9 months now. I would still like to be 26 but my weight just won't go down further.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    started at 27.8 and I'm now 19.4
    According the the US Navy calculation/taking my measurements and entering into the calculator I'm at around 20% bf. However, another calculator put me at 24.6% so I figure I'm probably somewhere in between the two numbers.
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    22 and this is the skinniest I have been in years!
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    I started at 24 and came down to 22. I think at my age a BMI of 21 would = brittle bones and people would think I had (whisper) cancer
  • BMI is currently around 19.5 at maintenance.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    My current BMI is 23.1. I started above 27 and went down below 23 which made me look very skinny.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    I started at 24 and came down to 22. I think at my age a BMI of 21 would = brittle bones and people would think I had (whisper) cancer

I think a BMI under 20 had that effect on me. 21 is about right.
  • teddy1234567
    teddy1234567 Posts: 32 Member
    I started at 34.3 and now 23.6. I still have another 12lbs to loose.
  • hollymartin90
    hollymartin90 Posts: 57 Member
    I'm currently at 20.5 but would like to lose a lil bit more not sure bmi is the best thing to measure myself in as im tall (5'9)so think it is too generous to me lol!
  • Started at 28, now I'm down to 26. Once I'm in the 24-25 area I'll feel more at ease lol.
    I rely more on body fat though. Which is at 25% right now,
  • I really do not track BMI ...track body fat % instead, that is a better marker of progress, IMO

^^ this, although it's good to know your BMI.

Normal BMI, high bodyfat = Skinny fat.
    Overweight BMI, Athlete bodyfat = FTW
  • For anyone with a BMI between about 19 and 24, weight isn't really relevant to their health or attractiveness. Instead, focus on other indicators. Work on fitness. Or Strength. Or eating healthy. Or anything else that you like, and that alignes nicely with your goals.

But there's no sensible reason to aim for lower weight as such, if you're already at BMI-21.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    I started at BMI of 42... I am currently 23.7... I would like to get down to 22 BMI and 22% BF
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    I've always maintained a BMI of 18-19. Currently 19.3.
  • tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Started at 34.5 and now a 24.4. I am happy with how I look and feel. I am now running 5K's and feel so much better officiating high school sports. If I happen to drop a couple more pounds, I will be fine with it. I am more concerned with strengthening my core and working on my endurance.