Wow. You look like *kitten*....

Options
12345679»

Replies

• spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options

Just thought I'd repeat this for emphasis.

People are just likely not used to seeing you at a healthy weight, and don't realise what an impact their comments are making.
    You look great, don't let them push you the wrong direction. Hugs :)

This this this. And then this. So there.

You aren't alone in the game; the players are just spread out across the map. At my work the same is going on toward me; my own supervisor is turning on the concerned-mode while a coworker flat out accused me of having an eating disorder to my face. Icing on the cake is that another coworker is on the same MFP plan and is getting complimented left and right on her journey as she has had further to go. We're all happy for and proud of her, but when it turns toward me in the weight loss party, eyebrows go up and mouths slam shut while they think of what tip-toes on the line but doesn't quite cross it.

*kitten*'s depressing, but we're all in this together. *high-five* You look great, and as long as you're healthy, that's what matters.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    1. Keep a journal - write every insulting comment down. Every. Single. One.
    2. Sue the a*se off the hospital
    3. Spend money on cruise/new clothes/spa days/beauty treatments
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    sA8fN40096.jpg
  • Hanablu2
    Hanablu2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    While the doctor's letter sound good that should only go to HR. I am also a nurse and they are out of line,...hipaa privacy guidelines! They are your co workers,supervisor ect not your medical providers and physicians. If they think you are getting unhealthy your supervisor should talk to you in private express her concerns and offer you an employee assistance program contact if you want it and that's it. Who are they to do an intervention when they are not your family or medical providers, you are not under a psychiatric hold! If you are getting depressed because of the harassment you can call your HR department and your employee assistance program and report them and tell your doctor. An employee assistance program benefit would fall under your insurance plan if you have one and it will provide assistance with depression, anxiety, and issues such as being harassed. Call your insurance provider to ask about the benefit and also tell your doctor what is going on at work and they are causing you to become sad and depressed you doctor will also have some insurance or community resources to give you. Tell them to practice being a good nurse and remember that nurse take oaths to not do maleficence! Keep your head up , best of luck and stay positive!